When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This morning. My 6 year old is being bullied at school and school seem out of their depth. Came home and just broke down because I'm desperate to protect him and guilty of failing. I was also bullied terribly in school and finding myself remembering my own horrendous experiences.
Try contacting the local education authority , who the school answer too and they should help , my friends son was bullied relentlessly in high school , to the point his wrist was broken ! the school were absolutely useless until she went to the L.E.A

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
On and off today and the last two days.

I just feel so overwhelmed and I miss my friend who died in april.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Was there again this morning. He came straight over to me and absolutely devoured two pouches of Whiskas 😻
One of the other strays this morning. He's called Ucho because one of the ladies that looks after him is Polish and Ucho is the Polish word for ear.
Nobody is sure what happened his ear, probably a fight with another cat.

Screenshot_20201023_230633.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This thread is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for everything everyone is going through ❤

I've just finished crying for a really embarrassing reason. On Monday I matched with a guy on tinder and we've been talking on the phone for hours every night. He seemed like a great guy, lots in common, funny and smart. Last night we met up and went on a long walk together. Then this morning he texted me to say he didn't feel a romantic connection with me and thanks but no thanks basically.

I feel so stupid for crying over it and feeling like I'll be alone forever and wondering what's wrong with me 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
This thread is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for everything everyone is going through ❤

I've just finished crying for a really embarrassing reason. On Monday I matched with a guy on tinder and we've been talking on the phone for hours every night. He seemed like a great guy, lots in common, funny and smart. Last night we met up and went on a long walk together. Then this morning he texted me to say he didn't feel a romantic connection with me and thanks but no thanks basically.

I feel so stupid for crying over it and feeling like I'll be alone forever and wondering what's wrong with me 😂
theres nowt wrong with you, hes done you a favour. You can go forward and meet someone better than him x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I cry almost every day at the moment. Very out of character for me and I do it mostly in private as my husband hates me crying and isn’t too sympathetic. I’m menopausal anyway, but I’ve also lost my job I loved after 20+ years and haven’t worked now since lockdown even though I was furloughed for a few months. I’m finding it difficult to get a job, I was very well paid and I’m horrified at the pay of most jobs and realise I will never earn what I did previous, I worry about paying the mortgage in a few months time. I’ve had one interview for a job I don’t want (not heard yet) but it was a horrendous interview for a tit job, I’ve not had an nterview for over 27 years and I was terrible! I sat in my car after and cried like a baby! This bleeping coronavirus has made me depressed and anxious and I can now join the mental health club!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Last night, my sons been bad with his teeth for the last 4 nights and I was so tired when he cried I just burst out crying as well 😂

• Heart
Yesterday when I was feeding the poor semi feral cats who live at the bottom of the carpark in the local supermarket. There's one really shy black and white one and it's only in the last couple of weeks that he's started to come over to me and rub around my legs.
He was just coming over to me yesterday when a bleeping asshole (sorry, but he was) roared into a parking space in his 4x4 with two Alsatians in the back barking like hell.

Needless to say the poor cat was absolutely terrified, ran into the bushes and no way could I get him back out :cry:

There were plenty of other spaces in the carpark so he really did it on purpose. Obviously thought it was funny to terrify the poor cats.

There's a group in the area that looks after them, traps and neuters them, but there are a few of us around that feed them too. The little black and white one is still young enough that if he was trapped he could find a home to live in. Some of the older ones are too feral and wouldn't be able to settle in a home, but I've being trying so hard with that little guy and it was ruined in seconds.
Cried when I got back in the car.
Oh no, that has made me feel so sad. Have you seen him since and is he ok?

• Heart
This morning. I found out someone very dear to me has passed away from cancer. I feel like there's a boulder on my chest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Oh no, that has made me feel so sad. Have you seen him since and is he ok?
I have and he was great. Another lady who feeds them was parking nearby just as he was finishing my Whiskas. She had food for him and some of his buddies too. We didn't know each other, but we were chatting for a bit. It seems there are quite a few people looking after them which is great, but it's going to be hard for them to be outdoors all the time in the winter 😪 The animal welfare group that look after them are great though. They've made little houses and kennels for them and they're hidden in under the bushes and trees at the back of the car park so at least they have somewhere to shelter.
Have a look a page or so back and you'll see 'my' little guy sitting on 'his' traffic cone 😸

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have and he was great. Another lady who feeds them was parking nearby just as he was finishing my Whiskas. She had food for him and some of his buddies too. We didn't know each other, but we were chatting for a bit. It seems there are quite a few people looking after them which is great, but it's going to be hard for them to be outdoors all the time in the winter 😪 The animal welfare group that look after them are great though. They've made little houses and kennels for them and they're hidden in under the bushes and trees at the back of the car park so at least they have somewhere to shelter.
Have a look a page or so back and you'll see 'my' little guy sitting on 'his' traffic cone 😸
Aww that so lovely. What a gorgeous boy. Shame I can't take him. Like you I already have one and my boy needs my full attention all the time. Our previous cat was ex feral. It took so much work to adjust her but it was an utter privilege that she let me.

Thank you for what you do to help these cats ❤

• Heart
Aww that so lovely. What a gorgeous boy. Shame I can't take him. Like you I already have one and my boy needs my full attention all the time. Our previous cat was ex feral. It took so much work to adjust her but it was an utter privilege that she let me.

Thank you for what you do to help these cats ❤
Thank you, and thank you for taking a feral girl and looking after her ❤

My own cat was a stray. I wouldn't say she was feral, but she was definitely very nervous around people and still is a bit. We thought she might have been dumped, but we're not sure because she wasn't a kitten, the vet thought she was around a year old at the time. She's fine with my husband and myself and with our neighbour because she's used to him as he has a cat too and we look after each other's cat if either of us are away. She usually tends to just ignore anyone who comes into the house although she will let one of my friends rub her.
She was at the vet recently for her annual jabs and check up. There are three vets in the practice, but it's pot luck who you'll get on the day as none of them have regular shifts/days because they work out of a second practice too. Two of them are lovely. The third one I don't like at all. She's very cold and doesn't ever seem to show any affection towards any of the animals. Oddly enough my cat doesn't like her either nor does my neighbour's cat! I was really hoping it wouldn't be her when we went as I wasn't sure whether or not I'd even be allowed in at the moment.
In the end I was (everyone was masked up and I had to stand at the other end of the room while the vet was checking her) Fortunately we got one of the nice vets who was telling my lady that she was a pretty girl and after asking me where she liked to be rubbed, was rubbing her ears and the top of her head any my cat was absolutely fine with her.

The other lady that I was talking too said she'd love to take him too, but she has a very territorial Jack Russell who barks at and tries to chase her neighbours cat.
I think the animal group will be able to find a home for this little guy though. They had to prioritise for the last couple of weeks though because the big ginger boy had a bad leg injury so he had to be taken care of and then one of the ladies went down there early one morning to discover a litter of kittens only a few weeks old 😿 She took them and the mother cat in. They already have homes for them when they're ready to leave the mother and she's going to be spayed.

• Heart
We had to take our cat to the emergency vets during Covid. It was so stressful because we had to have the verbal consultation in the car park on the side of a busy road and he was very unwell. I had to hand my little boy over to them and felt so helpless 😕. Nice vets make such a difference.

My feral cat used to hide when strangers came to the house. She was a little round furry lump. She would hide down the side of the sofa with her tail sticking out. Don't think she quite grasped the rules around successfully hiding 🤔. Friends would pretend not to see her 😁.

I miss her loads. So now I'm definitely on the right thread as I'm having a teary moment sitting here at my desk 😓

• Heart
I cry at genuinely anything so at least once a week!
- The Andrex advert with the cute little golden lab puppy walking into the field shaking its butt :')
- The Lloyds advert of the black horse running? God knows why but it gets me
- I have a Big Issue man who is lovely and in lives in my town. I buy from him about once a month, he gave me some of his home grown veggies as a thank you last week and I bawled
- Watched Taken last week and the scene in the boat when he comes to get her made me close to a nervy B
- On the flip side I also cried last week when I was holding too much in my hands and couldn't unlock my car lol - swings and roundabouts
The Lloyds advert gets me every time!

Reactions: 1
A friend reminded me of when I last blubbed a few tears, and that was watching Tom Hanks in "Castaway" crying after losing his island companion, "Wilson" out at sea.

The unique thing about Wilson was that he wasn't human, but a volleyball (I guess you had to watch the scene to understand) :cry:

• Sad
im nearly crying now, im sick of ovulation bleeding every month, it always scares me and makes me think ive got cancer, even though ive had tests and nothing comes back apart from a fibroid. The worst part is nobody else seems to suffer from it.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.