When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1st weekend in december. Take it down a few days before new year.

Reactions: 2
What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!
Yes! I hate seeing people taking theirs down on boxing Day, it's still Christmas!

Reactions: 5
Usually first weekend in December depending on our plans. Usually get sick of it though pretty soon, sod having it up for two months!

Buy the tree on the Sunday before Christmas Day. Decorate it Christmas Eve and take it down on 6th Jan - Twelfth night.

Around here (in a deep dark, cold, snowy New England state), you drive to work on the 26th (because it's inhumane and most people go back to work the day after fecking CHRISTMAS day), and at the end of everyone's drive are their poor neglected and abandoned Christmas trees all done and dumped for the season. It makes me weep! I used to love that week between Christmas and new year when you can drink a G&T at 11am and nobody bats an eyelid, but these days I have totally lost all the spirit...literally. 😑

Reactions: 1
Yesterday!! 17th November. We have a 10 year old, 2 year old and 9 month old baby in our house who are all very excited for Santa!! We love Christmas so why not start now? As much as people deny it - Christmas is here!! Best time of the year for us. Our decs come down on boxing day though!!

Around here (in a deep dark, cold, snowy New England state), you drive to work on the 26th (because it's inhumane and most people go back to work the day after fecking CHRISTMAS day), and at the end of everyone's drive are their poor neglected and abandoned Christmas trees all done and dumped for the season. It makes me weep! I used to love that week between Christmas and new year when you can drink a G&T at 11am and nobody bats an eyelid, but these days I have totally lost all the spirit...literally. 😑
I miss when Christmas at home with family was nearly a week!
Now it’s 12 hours maximum!

Probably around 7th-8th December I'd say. And my tree is pop up with lights and baubles attached so minimal effort haha.

First weekend of December (usually. Never before) as there are so many family birthdays in November I need to get those out of the way before I can even begin to think about Christmas

My parents used to know this couple who put theirs up Christmas Eve and took it down Boxing Day. Nice(!)
My sister in law puts her tree up in Christmas Eve. We usually put our tree up on the first weekend in December. We have a real tree so earlier than that is risky. The tree always comes down before the 1st.

My sister in law puts her tree up in Christmas Eve. We usually put our tree up on the first weekend in December. We have a real tree so earlier than that is risky. The tree always comes down before the 1st.
I cannot stand it up after new year 🙈 down its all comes on January 1st!

Early to mid December. Depends on my energy levels as it's a time consuming process. Comes down early January but definitely stays for New Year as that's my birthday.

I'll say it again - anyone who puts a Christmas tree up in October or November is a bleep. I don't want to listen to your bleeping excuses or justification. There are/is none. You are a Christmas bleep.

Same goes for taking it down Christmas or Boxing Day (usually because you put it up before Halloween)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
First weekend in december... cant understand why anyone would put it up in december. Surely you would get sick of the sight of it by december!

Coming home from work today and I spotted 2 houses with their christmas trees up already and thats just the people who don't draw their curtains. Its November still, its way too early

• Heart
Reactions: 3