When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am always quite ‘traditional’ when it comes to decorating the tree. With influencers putting feather boas, sequinned trinkets and having the personalised baubles match this years Pantone colour of the year...I feel ours might be non instaworthy anyway.

Reactions: 4
My birthday is Christmas week. I wasn't born in a shed so apparently I don't deserve the fanfare Jesus gets 😏

I never have a ”birthday” because it's all about the big J 🤨
but I don't really care tbh

*cries in the corner rocking back and forth*

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My birthday is Christmas week. I wasn't born in a shed so apparently I don't deserve the fanfare Jesus gets 😏

I never have a ”birthday” because it's all about the big J 🤨
but I don't really care tbh

*cries in the corner rocking back and forth*
Same here!
I still get at least one Birthday card with Christmas wishes inside or vice verse, or the ‘for your December birthday’ cards...my brother was born in June, never gets a ‘for your June birthday’ card. Why do people do this?!
Or the ‘combined’ present...for Christmas and your birthday.
Sorry to derail...just needed to let it out 🤣
Oh and Christmas Eve-New Years Eve...my niece,my twins,my mother and me all have birthdays!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Same here!
I still get at least one Birthday card with Christmas wishes inside or vice verse, or the ‘for your December birthday’ cards...my brother was born in June, never gets a ‘for your June birthday’ card. Why do people do this?!
Or the ‘combined’ present...for Christmas and your birthday.
Sorry to derail...just needed to let it out 🤣
Oh and Christmas Eve-New Years Eve...my niece,my twins,my mother and me all have birthdays!

The double cards are a bleeping slap in the face with bunch of holly 😡 I'm a bloody 2 in 1 🤦‍♀️

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
And hope you had a great birthday LOL!!

get to duck with your ”lol” 😏 bet your birthday is in August and you have a week of celebrations 🙂
We get Yule Log X birthday cake 🤷‍♀️ And birthday wrapping paper with reindeer on 🤨
NOT BITTER DOT COM

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The double cards are a bleeping slap in the face with bunch of holly 😡 I'm a bloody 2 in 1 🤦‍♀️

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
And hope you had a great birthday LOL!!

get to duck with your ”lol” 😏 bet your birthday is in August and you have a week of celebrations 🙂
We get Yule Log X birthday cake 🤷‍♀️ And birthday wrapping paper with reindeer on 🤨
NOT BITTER DOT COM
Made me lol haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Mid December! My next door neighbours have been putting their lights up for weeks before the big turn on on the 1st 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 2
1st of December over here too 🙋🏼‍♀️

Christmas is my favourite time of the year but I cannot stand it being shoved down my throat with these instagrammers putting theirs up beginning of November. They’re all mad!

Reactions: 6
1st of December over here too 🙋🏼‍♀️

Christmas is my favourite time of the year but I cannot stand it being shoved down my throat with these instagrammers putting theirs up beginning of November. They’re all mad!
They are all desperate for content 😖

Reactions: 1
It’s a massive competition to them all. Once the first person throws theirs up the whole insta feed is full of them! 🙄
And the excuses some of them use for putting them up in practically summer ‘looking after my Nan's hamster on the 2nd December so won’t have Any spare time to do it’ just admit you’re just a bleeping sheep. Bet those instahuns who have real trees are seething

Last edited:
  • Haha
first weekend of December here. Traditional trees too - baubles (normal round ones and also sentimental decorations), lights and a star on top. Red, green and gold theme usually! Not a fan of all grey/silver/white trees. Love me some colour!

• Heart
Never before December. Usually first or second week of the month depending on when we can be bothered getting it down from the loft. It wouldn’t last any longer than that because:-

A) Wild toddler would destroy it.
B) Cats would destroy it.
C) I would destroy it if I had to look at it for months on end.

Seriously, I know people who put theirs up BEFORE Halloween. Sacrilege!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Usually put it up last weekend November, but mines up now, and saves me from putting it up when I am more pregnant then I am now! I just thought, ah duck it, the years been long enough, and at some points really stressful, particularly with hubby not having a job at one point, so let's do something that makes us happy.

Why not spread abit more Christmas cheer, my 2 year old loves it and it's not doing anyone else any harm.

It's not like I'm forcing you to look into my window and look at it anyway. 😂 Don't like it? Just walk by and get on with your life. If it rattles you that much that I have my tree up, then you have serious issues.

Some people put it up in October, some people have it up just for Christmas day and some people don't even put one up. Each to their own, and if we all did the same, the world would be bleeping boring.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
First Sunday in December here.then promptly down on boxing night as I hate seeing it after Christmas (although that will probably have to change now I have a kid)

Usually put it up last weekend November, but mines up now, and saves me from putting it up when I am more pregnant then I am now! I just thought, ah duck it, the years been long enough, and at some points really stressful, particularly with hubby not having a job at one point, so let's do something that makes us happy.

Why not spread abit more Christmas cheer, my 2 year old loves it and it's not doing anyone else any harm.

It's not like I'm forcing you to look into my window and look at it anyway. 😂 Don't like it? Just walk by and get on with your life. If it rattles you that much that I have my tree up, then you have serious issues.

Some people put it up in October, some people have it up just for Christmas day and some people don't even put one up. Each to their own, and if we all did the same, the world would be bleeping boring.
those pregnancy hormones kicking in are they 😂😂 well good for you!!! ☺
I am sorry you’re offended by the thread though,

Happy Easter!!! It is almost April 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
December the first I would assume.

I actually have tinsel in my room all year around though.😅

• Haha
First Sunday in December here.then promptly down on boxing night as I hate seeing it after Christmas (although that will probably have to change now I have a kid)
Haha I’m the same! With all the kids toys everywhere and a tree gathering dust I take it down as soon as I can (usually the 27th) 🤣

My family normally 2 weeks before Christmas but my partner and I will do it the first weekend of December so this year will be 30th November

I think I'm fairly normalish and we do not put the tree or any decorations up before 1st December!