Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Everyone (in the U.K.) seems to have their tree up.......

Everyone on youtube and Instagram that is 🤷‍♀️

When do normal humans (that don’t sell their families privacy online) put their decorations up??

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Normal-ish person here 🤣
Our tree goes up the first weekend on/after the 1st of December. That was always how we did it growing up. Since having children we decorate the tree one weekend, then the window the next along with putting up other decorations and then finally the stockings...just to keep it all festive/exciting through the advent period.
We don’t do elf on the shelf, hot chocolate stations or Christmas Eve boxes but do have other traditions.

Reactions: 20

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
You know what would be cool.
If there was a business that put up your tree and took it away during the night.

So a cross between Santa and your average burglar.
You literally order the “could not be any less arsed” package.
Which is a tree (fake) a basic wreath, a few fake reindeer for the mantle piece, and a shit load of primark fairy lights.
They pop it up, leave the spare batteries (Poundland) a few crackers and coasters and you’re done.

27th of December you lock your valuables away, they break back in and take the rubbish as well as the tree. (Once you’ve separated the recycling, ain’t nobody got time to separate the rubbish mid tree burglary)

Oh, and they remove all the shit quality street nobody ever eats.

I’m looking at you hard as fuck caramel penny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Sabbie

VIP Member
Anywhere around the 15th and down just before the 6th because my mother has turned me superstitious as hell.

Reactions: 13

Noodles86

What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Sandra_1984

First of December for me, and down for Epiphany on the 6th of Jan. Thanksgiving is useful because it stops the US influencers going Christmas crazy too early! I am goiung to be so over Christmas by Christmas day if I follow feeds like Hunters and Heels too closely!

(I am also in Australia, so the weather doesn't work for 'Cosy Christmas' vibes. I'll be swimming in the ocean Christmas day and barbequing prawns...)
Ha, fellow Aussie here, but my tree is up ALREADY!

Usually goes up 23rd December and down Boxing Day, but we've had a really shitty year this year (lots of family and friends pass g away) and I just thought WTF, I'm putting my tree up to spread some Xmas cheer. I'm sick of the sight of it already though 😂 but glad I did. Made the kids happy and it's one less job to do closer the time.... When I'll be hot, fat and pregnant sweating all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Usually put it up last weekend November, but mines up now, and saves me from putting it up when I am more pregnant then I am now! I just thought, ah fuck it, the years been long enough, and at some points really stressful, particularly with hubby not having a job at one point, so let's do something that makes us happy.

Why not spread abit more Christmas cheer, my 2 year old loves it and it's not doing anyone else any harm.

It's not like I'm forcing you to look into my window and look at it anyway. 😂 Don't like it? Just walk by and get on with your life. If it rattles you that much that I have my tree up, then you have serious issues.

Some people put it up in October, some people have it up just for Christmas day and some people don't even put one up. Each to their own, and if we all did the same, the world would be fucking boring.
those pregnancy hormones kicking in are they 😂😂 well good for you!!! ☺
I am sorry you’re offended by the thread though,

Happy Easter!!! It is almost April 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I'd love to know if more people have started to put their trees up pre-December since the increase in social media. 🤔

I genuinely don't remember this many trees being up this early before Facebook and Instagram became so big. I do think some people stick their trees up before the bonfires are cold just so they can show off how quirky and festive and "don't give a shit what you think" they are. But then could it be that these people always put them up early, but we just didn't know about it before social media?

I have a friend who's always put hers up the day after bonfire night, but never makes a big deal of it, then I have another who has suddenly started putting hers up really early the past couple of years, and posts pictures online of pretty much every bauble.

(Just to add, I don't give a rats arse when you put your decs up, you do you. I'm not judging, I'm just wondering in general.)

Reactions: 8

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My birthday is Christmas week. I wasn't born in a shed so apparently I don't deserve the fanfare Jesus gets 😏

I never have a ”birthday” because it's all about the big J 🤨
but I don't really care tbh

*cries in the corner rocking back and forth*

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Same here!
I still get at least one Birthday card with Christmas wishes inside or vice verse, or the ‘for your December birthday’ cards...my brother was born in June, never gets a ‘for your June birthday’ card. Why do people do this?!
Or the ‘combined’ present...for Christmas and your birthday.
Sorry to derail...just needed to let it out 🤣
Oh and Christmas Eve-New Years Eve...my niece,my twins,my mother and me all have birthdays!

The double cards are a fucking slap in the face with bunch of holly 😡 I'm a bloody 2 in 1 🤦‍♀️

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
And hope you had a great birthday LOL!!

get to fuck with your ”lol” 😏 bet your birthday is in August and you have a week of celebrations 🙂
We get Yule Log X birthday cake 🤷‍♀️ And birthday wrapping paper with reindeer on 🤨
NOT BITTER DOT COM

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Thanks be to god (and the reindeer) this November decorations “thing” hasn’t become a thing outside of the influencer world...

Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣
Silently judging,
but you’re forgiven because of your honesty and the fact you’ve realised it’s a tiny bit early 🙂
If we see a vlog of you “dressing” your tree in a cosey knit with a chunky boot and a hot chocolate (jumper pulled over knuckles) I’m deleting the shit out of this message.

• Haha

Looney toons

Probably a miserable bitch here but I don’t even put up decorations. Can’t stand clutter and tat, and takes up storage during the rest of the year! I don't have kids yet, so will change when I do but for now I can’t be bothered when it’s just me and my partner in a one bedroom flat. 😂
No that's not being a miserable bitch, its just doing what YOU want.. I stopped putting things up 5 years ago, been best thing I did. No stress, no hassle i don't do xmas dinner either now. We have what we want. I always work some part of xmas day anyhow. I don't hate it all i just want to do what i want not feel obliged to follow the majority. I send bag of food to the homeless and the animal sanctuary with the money i save from over- buying

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣
Are you vlogging it in your cosey knits with some hot chocolate and a blanket 😬

Anywhere around the 15th and down just before the 6th because my mother has turned me superstitious as hell.
literally me 🤣 I have a 4 year old here that wants it up now.
We don’t even let him on youtube or Instagram 🤦‍♀️ And we don’t sell him on line for freebies, yet he’s STILL acting like a basic 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
First of December for me, and down for Epiphany on the 6th of Jan. Thanksgiving is useful because it stops the US influencers going Christmas crazy too early! I am goiung to be so over Christmas by Christmas day if I follow feeds like Hunters and Heels too closely!

(I am also in Australia, so the weather doesn't work for 'Cosy Christmas' vibes. I'll be swimming in the ocean Christmas day and barbequing prawns...)

• Heart

BustySinclair

Chatty Member
first weekend of December here. Traditional trees too - baubles (normal round ones and also sentimental decorations), lights and a star on top. Red, green and gold theme usually! Not a fan of all grey/silver/white trees. Love me some colour!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Lead85

VIP Member
1st of December over here too 🙋🏼‍♀️

Christmas is my favourite time of the year but I cannot stand it being shoved down my throat with these instagrammers putting theirs up beginning of November. They’re all mad!

Sticky One

VIP Member
It’s a massive competition to them all. Once the first person throws theirs up the whole insta feed is full of them! 🙄
And the excuses some of them use for putting them up in practically summer ‘looking after my Nan's hamster on the 2nd December so won’t have Any spare time to do it’ just admit you’re just a fucking sheep. Bet those instahuns who have real trees are seething

Last edited:
  • Haha