When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When we were little my sisters birthday was December 12th so that was our day to get the tree 🌲 now we are usually first week of December but 2 trees here and way too many decorations, not that I’ll ever admit that to Hubbie! So takes a few days this year we are very busy so going up first weekend 30th/1st. Painting bedrooms here at the moment so clean up will tie in with that!

Reactions: 3
We have a birthday on the 5th so don’t do anything Christmassy till after then, usually put the tree up between the 5th and 10th. I couldn’t put it up early it just gets on my nerves, more clutter 😆 I take it down on the 27th/28th and just leave fairy lights etc up. I do like Christmas honest.
I really want to buy a smaller, better quality tree. There’s a 4.5ft pre lit potted tree from the White company that looks perfect but obviously pricey.

Reactions: 2
The closest weekend to the 1st of Dec it all goes up...this is always down to work commitments. I think it's ok to endulge from the end of Nov as most shops/ restaurants are in full swing by then 😁🎅🤶

The closest weekend to the 1st of Dec it all goes up...this is always down to work commitments. I think it's ok to endulge from the end of Nov as most shops/ restaurants are in full swing by then 😁🎅🤶
Pretty much the same, closest weekend to Dec 1st and then we go ALL out.

• Heart
I had an uncle (when I was little) that would put it up when he came in from work on Christmas Eve 😬 so 7/8 pm
Then take it down on the 27th. That makes Christmas hard work, and a bit miserable 😂

the kids took control after a while and it would go up around the 18th. 😂

Decorations in early November, might as well move into Tesco and get the Easter eggs ready to go!

Reactions: 4
when i was a kid my mum always put it up on my birthday on the 28th of november and i’ve carried it on as an adult, but i have enough of it by boxing day and take it down.

I had an uncle (when I was little) that would put it up when he came in from work on Christmas Eve 😬 so 7/8 pm
Then take it down on the 27th. That makes Christmas hard work, and a bit miserable 😂

the kids took control after a while and it would go up around the 18th. 😂

Decorations in early November, might as well move into Tesco and get the Easter eggs ready to go!

We do this 😂 ours goes up Christmas Eve goes down when the kids go to bed boxing day but only because the cat is an arse and pulls it down so it's easier 😂

• Haha
First or second week in December. I wouldn’t bother with a tree at all but it’s for the kids really.

Ours will go up when either of us can be bothered to retrieve the tree from the loft😂 I’m a bit of a Scrooge and I’m not that bothered about putting the tree up as we have a funny shaped living room so it involves moving all the sofas around just to fit the tree in the corner, and we inevitably argue about which Xmas film to play whilst decorating the tree.

Reactions: 2
You know what would be cool.
If there was a business that put up your tree and took it away during the night.

So a cross between Santa and your average burglar.
You literally order the “could not be any less arsed” package.
Which is a tree (fake) a basic wreath, a few fake reindeer for the mantle piece, and a tit load of primark fairy lights.
They pop it up, leave the spare batteries (Poundland) a few crackers and coasters and you’re done.

27th of December you lock your valuables away, they break back in and take the rubbish as well as the tree. (Once you’ve separated the recycling, ain’t nobody got time to separate the rubbish mid tree burglary)

Oh, and they remove all the tit quality street nobody ever eats.

I’m looking at you hard as duck caramel penny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd love to know if more people have started to put their trees up pre-December since the increase in social media. 🤔

I genuinely don't remember this many trees being up this early before Facebook and Instagram became so big. I do think some people stick their trees up before the bonfires are cold just so they can show off how quirky and festive and "don't give a tit what you think" they are. But then could it be that these people always put them up early, but we just didn't know about it before social media?

I have a friend who's always put hers up the day after bonfire night, but never makes a big deal of it, then I have another who has suddenly started putting hers up really early the past couple of years, and posts pictures online of pretty much every bauble.

(Just to add, I don't give a rats arse when you put your decs up, you do you. I'm not judging, I'm just wondering in general.)

Reactions: 8
My birthdays the 29th Nov, tree always goes up the weekend off or after that. So this year the 30th. It comes down before new year though.
This is our first year with our rescue puppy where he feels at home and safe so will be interesting to see if the tree stays up! Last year he wouldn't enter the room unless I carried him in!

Thanks be to god (and the reindeer) this November decorations “thing” hasn’t become a thing outside of the influencer world...

Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣
Silently judging,
but you’re forgiven because of your honesty and the fact you’ve realised it’s a tiny bit early 🙂
If we see a vlog of you “dressing” your tree in a cosey knit with a chunky boot and a hot chocolate (jumper pulled over knuckles) I’m deleting the tit out of this message.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s always been the closest weekend to the 1st December for the tree, garland and outdoor wreath. I put it up 20th November last year due to seeing the fuckers on Instagram do it and it was far too early and we all had enough well before Xmas day. So I am going back to the 1st December like we have always done in the past. From the middle of November though things do start to creep in like my Xmas candle and I put my Xmas Emma Bridgewater out on my dresser. My winter wonderland sofa cushions ( you can’t see their Xmas ones till you look close up to them) 1 December though the advent goes out and I put the Xmas duvets on the beds. Again no trashy Santa ones - I have duvets with small white snowflakes on. ( youngest did have elf on the shelf but that’s now gone to charity) However I may put a Santa bog roll from M&S on the holder in the bathroom too. You can decorate your home in a classy way. ( excluding the bog roll from M&S 😂) You can also enjoy the festive season without your home looking like Santa has vomited all over your house. Just little things like making sure it’s all subtle and everything matches accordantly. Everything comes down and away day after Boxing Day. I like to see in the New year all fresh so when everything is away - I always treat myself to some nice flowers and maybe a candle to see in the New year x