When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an uncle (when I was little) that would put it up when he came in from work on Christmas Eve 😬 so 7/8 pm
Then take it down on the 27th. That makes Christmas hard work, and a bit miserable 😂

the kids took control after a while and it would go up around the 18th. 😂

Decorations in early November, might as well move into Tesco and get the Easter eggs ready to go!
I put mine up Christmas eve. 😂😎
No, YOU shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Up until last year we had a real tree which we’d stick up after the second week in December and take down early New Year because the needles were a nightmare .

Artificial tree now so I might put it up first week in December. I’m a fairy light fiend from September onwards til the summer so my house looks a like a grotto all year round , love it!

Reactions: 2
My son's birthday is beginning of December, he has his birthday then the decorations go up a few days later. I want him to have his birthday not 2 Christmas Day's....plus it makes easier to work out if it's birthday or Christmas in photos.
Same here, my middle lad's birthday is on the 1st, so when they were young the tree wouldn't go up till the weekend after his birthday.
Now they are all grown up (except said lad is now living back here following uni) I probably won't bother until a week before christmas and then take it down on 1st Jan. I just cannot be arsed with it these days. Maybe when I have grandkids it'll be different but until then...

Whenever my father in law buys it 😂 every year he goes to some market to get his tree and always ends up picking us up one, think il be devastated if one year he doesn’t get us a #gifted tree 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
First week in December not sure which day, and goes down a couple of days after Xmas. Saying that the one in my dinning room has been up for 3 years. We literally just eat there for Xmas and I couldn't be arsed taking it down 🙈

• Haha
The first weekend in December here too! And it won’t be instagrammed 😂 am I doing it wrong?

Reactions: 3
It’s always been the closest weekend to the 1st December for the tree, garland and outdoor wreath. I put it up 20th November last year due to seeing the fuckers on Instagram do it and it was far too early and we all had enough well before Xmas day. So I am going back to the 1st December like we have always done in the past. From the middle of November though things do start to creep in like my Xmas candle and I put my Xmas Emma Bridgewater out on my dresser. My winter wonderland sofa cushions ( you can’t see their Xmas ones till you look close up to them) 1 December though the advent goes out and I put the Xmas duvets on the beds. Again no trashy Santa ones - I have duvets with small white snowflakes on. ( youngest did have elf on the shelf but that’s now gone to charity) However I may put a Santa bog roll from M&S on the holder in the bathroom too. You can decorate your home in a classy way. ( excluding the bog roll from M&S 😂) You can also enjoy the festive season without your home looking like Santa has vomited all over your house. Just little things like making sure it’s all subtle and everything matches accordantly. Everything comes down and away day after Boxing Day. I like to see in the New year all fresh so when everything is away - I always treat myself to some nice flowers and maybe a candle to see in the New year x
I have everything matching in my house too, my family and friends joke at me about it. Everything matches with the decor right down to the wrapping paper 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Tree and decorations go up 1st Dec or the first weekend in December, however it lands. I take everything down before the new year but will leave out some of my winter candles/holders. I like to start the new year with a clean and tidy home.

What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!
YES!!!

For some reason, people taking them down on the 26th/27th annoys me more than people putting them up in November! 😂

Some people shouldn't be allowed cameras.....i want to report them to Instagram.

ED6398F1-360D-4A3A-A8B0-56AFB00B8019.jpeg
83FA998C-4E18-48E7-93D0-400AA328BD16.jpeg
3921164B-2F0C-44B6-AB39-93A921465B17.jpeg

• Sick
Well, I tried to perused the kids that perhaps we won’t have a tree this year as we have to move everything around to accommodate the flipping thing but they are not having any of it (bear in mind they are grown up now!) I’m getting a bit anxious looking at all the posts on Insta now (FOMO?) and feel the need to put it up in the next few days 🤪. It’s my sons bday on Boxing Day so I do tend to take it down the day after.

Reactions: 1
Well, I tried to perused the kids that perhaps we won’t have a tree this year as we have to move everything around to accommodate the flipping thing but they are not having any of it (bear in mind they are grown up now!) I’m getting a bit anxious looking at all the posts on Insta now (FOMO?) and feel the need to put it up in the next few days 🤪. It’s my sons bday on Boxing Day so I do tend to take it down the day after.
Totally off topic but do you have a fever!? Hit your head lately!?

Joke 🤣🤣 look at the photos I posted, even the dogs looks pissed 😐

56B7A2E4-3503-4424-9FAF-5154329A2810.jpeg

• Haha
As a kid we always put the Christmas tree up in November, any time after bonfire night and it was magical, but my husband is a Dec 1st man so we've always gone for around that. Last year I got too excited and had it up and all decs mid November and was desperate to take them down on boxing day I was so sick of them so definitely waiting this year!

Reactions: 1
We put our tree up on the 10th Dec and it's either down by 31st as my birthday is the 1st Jan . So we start the new year fresh and tidy lol .. all things Xmas has been put away til the next year! How I've always done it . Never in a million years have I put my tree up in November !!

1st of December and it comes down around the 30th. Hate starting the new year with a Christmas tree and decorations hanging around!

• Heart