When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad died on the 12th December so it’s always been that we don’t put the tree up until after the 12th, think my mum just used to do it out of respect for me to be fair

Reactions: 3
I put mine up whenever I can be bothered in December and take it down before the New Year. My daughter's birthday is at the end of November and I like to leave Christmas until after she has celebrated.

Reactions: 1
Probably a miserable witch here but I don’t even put up decorations. Can’t stand clutter and tat, and takes up storage during the rest of the year! I don't have kids yet, so will change when I do but for now I can’t be bothered when it’s just me and my partner in a one bedroom flat. 😂

Reactions: 2
Tree goes up the first of December or the closest weekend. Couldn’t be arsed having my decorations up 6 weeks before Christmas.

...but my presents for everyone are all wrapped and ready to go 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Everyone (in the U.K.) seems to have their tree up.......

Everyone on youtube and Instagram that is 🤷‍♀️

When do normal humans (that don’t sell their families privacy online) put their decorations up??
2 weeks before Christmas day

I'm a strict "12 days before" kind of person, but the last 2 Christmases husband has been deployed so I've put it up earlier in December so he can do it with the children before leaving.
I also take mine down new years eve, as it's my daughter's birthday and I just get sick of seeing Christmas things tbh 😂

We always put ours up on November 30th. It's a bit of a sombre day for my husband as it would be his late mum's birthday, so we always try and make it a happy day instead. It's also up and ready for the Elf on the Shelf to arrive the next day (yes, I'm an idiot and introduced the elf on the shelf).

We have a lovely tradition in our family, where each year we all go out and pick one bauble each. We do this so that when the kids are all grown up, we have a tree filled with memories. We also let the kids do the majority of the decorating (I'm not a fan of people that go crazy OCD about bauble placement, and don't let their kids join in with putting things on the tree. We just let them go mental and put things wherever they want). Our tree is very mismatched due to all the different baubles, and looks like an elf has thrown up on it... But, it's ours 😊 and we love it.

Reactions: 5
1st December for me. I couldn't leave it later or there would be no point spending the time doing it before it has to come down again.

I leave it up until January.

Reactions: 3
First week of December for us. Also don’t do Christmas Eve boxes but when my kids get up on December 1st there’s an advent calendar each, Christmas jammies and a christmas book advent calendar to start so they get a Christmas story every up until Christmas. Love Christmas but for me it has to be December 😍🎅🏻🎄

Probably a miserable witch here but I don’t even put up decorations. Can’t stand clutter and tat, and takes up storage during the rest of the year! I don't have kids yet, so will change when I do but for now I can’t be bothered when it’s just me and my partner in a one bedroom flat. 😂
No that's not being a miserable witch, its just doing what YOU want.. I stopped putting things up 5 years ago, been best thing I did. No stress, no hassle i don't do xmas dinner either now. We have what we want. I always work some part of xmas day anyhow. I don't hate it all i just want to do what i want not feel obliged to follow the majority. I send bag of food to the homeless and the animal sanctuary with the money i save from over- buying

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First week of December for us. Also don’t do Christmas Eve boxes but when my kids get up on December 1st there’s an advent calendar each, Christmas jammies and a christmas book advent calendar to start so they get a Christmas story every up until Christmas. Love Christmas but for me it has to be December 😍🎅🏻🎄
Yeah we do a sort of Dec 1st box! Advent calendar, Christmas pj's to be worn and enjoyed on the run up to Christmas to get more use, Christmas bedding washed and ready and Christmas crafts to do on the run up when it's cold and dark and they're doing my head in😂

Reactions: 4
In my family we usually do it any night everyone is free after the first of December. But if we are going away early ish December to see family we will do any time after my brothers birthday on the 26th Nov. The rule is absolutely nothing Christmas till after his birthday then it just depends on our wider family plans

Its up within the first 2 weeks of December because its my busiest month work wise so I like to get it up and done so I can concentrate on work and Christmas shopping and getting in the festive spirit

It's too early, Mary hasn't even told Joseph she's up the duff yet.
exactly!!! How can you get the decs out before that awkward af conversation.
We literally celebrate Mary cheating on Joseph with his dad and unplanned pregnancy.

It like an Ingham’s vlog 😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5