When do NORMAL people put up the Christmas decorations.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone (in the U.K.) seems to have their tree up.......

Everyone on youtube and Instagram that is 🤷‍♀️

When do normal humans (that don’t sell their families privacy online) put their decorations up??

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Normal-ish person here 🤣
Our tree goes up the first weekend on/after the 1st of December. That was always how we did it growing up. Since having children we decorate the tree one weekend, then the window the next along with putting up other decorations and then finally the stockings...just to keep it all festive/exciting through the advent period.
We don’t do elf on the shelf, hot chocolate stations or Christmas Eve boxes but do have other traditions.

Reactions: 20
Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Anywhere around the 15th and down just before the 6th because my mother has turned me superstitious as hell.

Reactions: 13
Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣
Are you vlogging it in your cosey knits with some hot chocolate and a blanket 😬

Anywhere around the 15th and down just before the 6th because my mother has turned me superstitious as hell.
literally me 🤣 I have a 4 year old here that wants it up now.
We don’t even let him on youtube or Instagram 🤦‍♀️ And we don’t sell him on line for freebies, yet he’s STILL acting like a basic 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My son's birthday is beginning of December, he has his birthday then the decorations go up a few days later. I want him to have his birthday not 2 Christmas Day's....plus it makes easier to work out if it's birthday or Christmas in photos.

First of December for me, and down for Epiphany on the 6th of Jan. Thanksgiving is useful because it stops the US influencers going Christmas crazy too early! I am goiung to be so over Christmas by Christmas day if I follow feeds like Hunters and Heels too closely!

(I am also in Australia, so the weather doesn't work for 'Cosy Christmas' vibes. I'll be swimming in the ocean Christmas day and barbequing prawns...)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First of December for me, and down for Epiphany on the 6th of Jan. Thanksgiving is useful because it stops the US influencers going Christmas crazy too early! I am goiung to be so over Christmas by Christmas day if I follow feeds like Hunters and Heels too closely!

(I am also in Australia, so the weather doesn't work for 'Cosy Christmas' vibes. I'll be swimming in the ocean Christmas day and barbequing prawns...)
Ha, fellow Aussie here, but my tree is up ALREADY!

Usually goes up 23rd December and down Boxing Day, but we've had a really crappy year this year (lots of family and friends pass g away) and I just thought WTF, I'm putting my tree up to spread some Xmas cheer. I'm sick of the sight of it already though 😂 but glad I did. Made the kids happy and it's one less job to do closer the time.... When I'll be hot, fat and pregnant sweating all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ha, fellow Aussie here, but my tree is up ALREADY!

Usually goes up 23rd December and down Boxing Day, but we've had a really crappy year this year (lots of family and friends pass g away) and I just thought WTF, I'm putting my tree up to spread some Xmas cheer. I'm sick of the sight of it already though 😂 but glad I did. Made the kids happy and it's one less job to do closer the time.... When I'll be hot, fat and pregnant sweating all over.
Oh I love that! Definitely good justification for an early tree this year. I hope you a very happy Christmas and New Year, and congrats on the baby 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We do the 2nd week of December usually, I bloody hate the Christmas tree tho so leave it late and it comes down The day after Boxing Day 😂

Reactions: 3
Our outdoor decorations are up for 1st December, indoor decorations and tree bit later, not normally before the first week of December is over.

We usually put ours up the 1st weekend of December but can’t this year so will probably be 29th November now instead

Reactions: 2
We usually put ours up the 1st weekend in December. It comes down after boxing day as soon as possible. Hate it up any longer x

1st of December here. My mum was a total Scrooge when I was growing up and did the 12 days before thing (it could have been longer ) and as a kid,it seemed like such a long time to me to wait after getting my advent calendar. Me and my sisters used to literally beg her everyday to put it up...always said I would never do that to my kid. I wanted everyday in December to feel Christmassy. He’s 17 and a half now and doesn’t care but that just how we do Christmas

First weekend of December (usually. Never before) as there are so many family birthdays in November I need to get those out of the way before I can even begin to think about Christmas

1st of December here. My mum was a total Scrooge when I was growing up and did the 12 days before thing (it could have been longer ) and as a kid,it seemed like such a long time to me to wait after getting my advent calendar. Me and my sisters used to literally beg her everyday to put it up...always said I would never do that to my kid. I wanted everyday in December to feel Christmassy. He’s 17 and a half now and doesn’t care but that just how we do Christmas
My parents used to know this couple who put theirs up Christmas Eve and took it down Boxing Day. Nice(!)

• Wow
Reactions: 1