Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
This is the second thread thats posted something ive been thinking about lately lol. I dont have a hobby but want one and have started to learn how to do calligraphy and ive also been looking at cutting machines to make crafty stuff but cricut and silhouette are both so expensive

Reactions: 2

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Sounds great!!
I started learning French too since i already have a background from school but I'm better at understanding than speaking rn, any tips to how to improve? (Speaking and writing)😥
The only real way to improve your speaking is to go there. I’m a French teacher and even with a degree I’m still better at listening than speaking. It’s a confidence thing too. For writing could you maybe look online for a pen pal or by now they must have email pals.

Vera Stanhope

Chatty Member
Cleaning (proper cleaning not Hinching)
Organising
Making digital art pictures
Netflix
Cooking & Baking
Tattle

Horatio

VIP Member
My problem is not sticking with anything. So far, I've tried horse riding, classic and modern dancing, pole dancing, gym, zumba, yoga, hot yoga, pilates, tai-chi, running, rock climbing, bouldering, learning German, learning Russian, de coupage, krav maga.

There's probably more that I can't remember 🙄

I've started reading and journalling again.
That is quite a lot of things but hey at least you’re doing stuff. That’s tons better than wanting to and never really getting around to it / being bothered which i do. And hey you’re returning to things too. But also you could set targets to stick it out for, like when people give up on books too easily so they make sure to read at least 100 pages first. Sorry I know you didn’t ask for advice..but because im such a procrastinator, im impressed by anyone doing things !

In the past I used to do yoga and a tiny bit of life drawing. I’d love to get back to those. I’m also in a book club and have attended 1/4 sessions... definitely going to the next one tho...

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Horses. Not just riding them just being around them in general. They are amazing 💖 once you have one you’ll wonder why you didn’t before In my opinion anyway

Bitchandstitch

I have a Cricut, got it last year for my birthday. Adore it!
I also crochet and cross stitch, but not so much now I’m always on the Cricut 😂

skintsocks

VIP Member
I haven't honestly had time for a hobby in about 20 years. I think that was the last time I played my piano, and my parents would be mortified as my subject was music. I love but get stressed out about novelty cakes, and tonight I have started work on my daughter's 18th cake and there has been a fair amount of colourful language.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I’m one of those people with no hobbies :LOL: I don’t think I do the stuff I do enough or with enough passion to be considered ‘hobbies’?

I half-arse languages on Duolingo, I like to cook but I wouldn’t qualify for masterchef, I used to read tons but I have no time anymore and have only read like one book in the past year (!).

I want to exercise more, I plan on starting a regular routine, maybe yoga? I’m trying to get back into books, joined the library recently too so it won’t be a financial strain. Might as well get more experimental with cooking too. I do like walks so hopefully the weather will improve soon

How do people with babies find time for hobbies? Mine doesn’t nap much but when she does I rush around doing chores or sit down with a cup of coffee and soak up the feeling of not having to do anything!

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
I have recently got into baking (especially banana bread!). I also like running- I did the couch to 5k programme and now training to do 10k. Thinking of joining the local gym so I have more options of sports, it also means I won't be able to keep using the weather as an excuse to not exercise!
Oh and I also like colouring :D.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Photography, it’s always been a bit of an interest but now I try and make more time to learn, look for ideas, better family photos, ways of looking at stuff etc. Once you start watching YouTube tutorials it becomes really addictive and modern cameras aren’t that expensive these days, considering what they can do, and even mobile phone cameras are fantastic now.

Reactions: 1

GreenStar

I go to Zumba, in the spring and summer time I go for bikes rides and I read every day on the lunch break at work.

SareBear

@Deepsigh2018 I have dropped so many hints to my
OH as well in case he wants to get it for a birthday treat and nope! Nadda!! I might just order one on a whim one day and see how it goes!!

nobrains

Punch needling is my main hobby.

*also dabble with my sewing machine,make things out of clay and make rope rainbows*