Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.

Reactions: 1

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I love swimming but I see that more as an every day part of my life. Hobby wise I love to crochet and knit - my grandmother taught me when I was younger. I love reading too but I get so engrossed and tend to finish books within a day.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Pissing off my husband seems to be my main one at the moment. I'm a nightmare for starting something then getting bored quickly so I have a lot of unfinished hobbies. I'm looking at doing photography and I enjoy reading and walking. In normal times going to shows and musicals was a big favourite and gojng to gigs.

• Haha

Che Guevara

I do karate and love going to the gym however I haven’t been for a while as I’m recovering from a broken foot 😔

VIP Member
Not exactly a hobby but I do pass my time watching old TV shows, bit of a collector, mainly old shows from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

My latest dvd's are the entire Star Trek Original Series with the CGI effects which I finally got round to buying, currently ripping them
so they can be playable on my Kindle Fire 8 inch tablet. I've done the same with many DVD's over the years.

lola_goss

Great question! Out of all the things I do in my spare time (gym, Netflix etc) I’d class my hobbies as playing netball and colouring in (yes I’m one of those people 😂)

Caramel Latte

I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.
Sounds great!!
I started learning French too since i already have a background from school but I'm better at understanding than speaking rn, any tips to how to improve? (Speaking and writing)😥

Ladyloulou35

i make my own jewellery, specifically bead weaving. With tiny little size 11 beads and lots of Swarovski crystals. My profil pic is o e of my boxes of beads and crystals. Learning new stitches to make different things, reading, I am football mad so always have a game on in the background, I have several diamond paining kits but yet to do one 😂, I can knit, generally I do that in the winter, but it has to be Aran or Fair isle, nothing simple or I get bored and leave it😂😂

Sparks

Chatty Member
Can i ask - do you have children? This all sounds like my literal idea of heaven but i know it would be completely ruined by children coming into the bathroom, eating my deliveroo, speaking to me during the relaxation time.
P.S. i love your name for it 'bath, brew and deliveroo' - you should be in marketing !
she says in her last sentence that she does not have children. But I agree it sounds like heaven.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
I'm not sure I'd class anything I do as a hobby, per se, more pass-times. I read, sew costumes and cushion covers etc. I mostly take up new art/craft fads as I paint to earn a little cash. I've tried pyrography and woodwork. I like to upcycle and decorate with varying levels of success 😂 I flit a lot though but always come back to art and photography. I still begrudge classing these as a hobby though as they bring as much stress as they do relaxation.

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

Ive always loved seeing - dolls clothes for daughter, felt food for our play kitchen, plus felt face masks and finger puppets for the kids. Lockdown has seen me switching to making bags, masks and headbands (god I made a lot of headbands 😆). I’ve started down loom weaving now, which is a lovely hobby - except for the tin of wool I’ve purchased from Facebook marketplace 😆

Also love baking and crafting in general. Our house is full of lockdown creations 😆

petitspois

VIP Member
I really need a hobby. I love walking the dog but that's more an enjoyable activity rather than a hobby. Now my kids are getting a bit older I have more time. I want something absorbing and ideally productive so I have something to show for it at the end but I'm not fussed on crochet or knitting.
I'm keeping an eye on this for ideas......

HowlOwl

VIP Member
My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.
My husband loves genealogy and the DNA tests etc, very interesting. He found out he has Brummie roots which is funny as when he met me in Birmingham 20 years ago, he had no idea that he had ancestors in the area, being Welsh.