Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sarahboo

Gym, used to love ballet but school is too far away from me (I got fed up of the travelling) & I started scrapbooking last week & love it already!

Noname12345

Chatty Member
That is quite a lot of things but hey at least you’re doing stuff. That’s tons better than wanting to and never really getting around to it / being bothered which i do. And hey you’re returning to things too. But also you could set targets to stick it out for, like when people give up on books too easily so they make sure to read at least 100 pages first. Sorry I know you didn’t ask for advice..but because im such a procrastinator, im impressed by anyone doing things !

In the past I used to do yoga and a tiny bit of life drawing. I’d love to get back to those. I’m also in a book club and have attended 1/4 sessions... definitely going to the next one tho...
I did some of these things for 2-12 months if not more.

I've booked zumba and salsa. I've got yoga lined up too.

I'm planning few trips as well

SareBear

This is the second thread thats posted something ive been thinking about lately lol. I dont have a hobby but want one and have started to learn how to do calligraphy and ive also been looking at cutting machines to make crafty stuff but cricut and silhouette are both so expensive
I want a cricut as well, lot of money to spend on something that I might not even use much!! 😢

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂
Can i ask - do you have children? This all sounds like my literal idea of heaven but i know it would be completely ruined by children coming into the bathroom, eating my deliveroo, speaking to me during the relaxation time.
P.S. i love your name for it 'bath, brew and deliveroo' - you should be in marketing !

coconochanel

VIP Member
I exercise twice a week, read, jigsaw puzzles, audio books, listen to music, play piano, knit, crochet and I make my own gift tags and cards and bows using my Sizzix big shot cutting machine.

No wonder I'm always busy on top of work 😕

What about nails? Things like acrylic nails or doing shellac manicures etc?
I tried to do a jigsaw once gave up after id done the edge :LOL:

Mustard

VIP Member
Thanks for the encouragement 😊
Yea i think what i miss is a francophone 😅 although just yesterday i texted an old friend who speaks French to catch up and probably ask her to help me🤭😏
You could try and find a native French speaker to meet for conversation, unless that is what your friend is. I have British friends living in Europe who do that for the people in the same city who want to learn English.

Web30

VIP Member
No one would ever class this as a hobby but for me it's going to work 🙈 I work part time so don't really see it as a job as I'm only thier a few hours a day.