Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
What are your hobbies? What do you like doing in your free time that could be seen as a hobby?

I am bloody boring and have no hobbies so I'm looking for an inspiration :)

Reactions: 3

idk2

VIP Member
I read quite a lot - Books, not just tattle 🤣
I really want a useful hobby or side hustle! I know a lady who started sewing clothes and used that as a second income after she became really good at it. Also looking in to an eyelash extension course of some kind? Im not sure. I want a hobby that can turn in to a second income. Any suggestions are welcome x

Reactions: 3

F the dust.

VIP Member
Passions of mine are Running, horses and reading. First two have been on the back burner but my aim to to lose enough weight this year to enjoy both again!

Reactions: 2

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Reading and learning irish

My main hobby is genealogy. I love finding out about my ancestors and the DNA tests have taken it to a whole new level.
My dad has done both his and my mums family trees going way back. Lots of research online and at libraries/record offices. He even got in touch with some distant family and has met them

petitspois

VIP Member
I've posted earlier about my lack of distinct hobbies (other than walking the dog) - the thing is, I'm dipping my toe into online dating and that really sheds light on this area - what the hell do I put down as my hobbies? 'I walk the dog and watch TV most nights'? doesn't sound v exciting does it? :ROFLMAO:

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
I enjoy cooking, watching movies, reading, singing (not in front of strangers though 😱) and photography

Noname12345

Chatty Member
My problem is not sticking with anything. So far, I've tried horse riding, classic and modern dancing, pole dancing, gym, zumba, yoga, hot yoga, pilates, tai-chi, running, rock climbing, bouldering, learning German, learning Russian, de coupage, krav maga.

There's probably more that I can't remember 🙄

I've started reading and journalling again.

Coconutbug

I don't know if they are hobbies, just things I enjoy doing or will come to when I have a spare 5 mins. Cooking, reading and yoga x

Recordpumpliers

My wife knits tiny items for a premature baby charity , we have both had today off work and went shopping and a meal out.
I acquired a project to mess with in the workshop , the clock. The face and mechanics need attention.

I have a metal workers lathe , loads of classic vintage tools that I clean up and use , put them on a blokes forum where we look at each others tools : )
Wife has an electric sewing machine and vintage one , art set ,water colours arty whatsit stuff : )
20200214_194436.jpg
20200214_194605.jpg
20200214_194436.jpg

ghost hunting, reading and roller skating.
The ghost hunting sounds interesting , I have all of the ' Ghosts of the Isle of Wight' books.

Last edited:

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Knitting, gardening and running but not at the same time!

It makes me sound ancient but I’m only in my 40’s.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I go to the gym three time a week, I've started learning french on my train home from work.

I also knit and craft but I've lost my umph for it at the moment. I'm determined to learn to crochet.

I'm also keen to get more into my gardening but the weather had just been rubbish.

I also enjoy selling on eBay and shopping.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I exercise twice a week, read, jigsaw puzzles, audio books, listen to music, play piano, knit, crochet and I make my own gift tags and cards and bows using my Sizzix big shot cutting machine.

No wonder I'm always busy on top of work 😕

I read quite a lot - Books, not just tattle 🤣
I really want a useful hobby or side hustle! I know a lady who started sewing clothes and used that as a second income after she became really good at it. Also looking in to an eyelash extension course of some kind? Im not sure. I want a hobby that can turn in to a second income. Any suggestions are welcome x
What about nails? Things like acrylic nails or doing shellac manicures etc?

Horatio

VIP Member
Perhaps avoid using the word ‘hobby’ and look at it more as down-time? I specifically set aside time on a Saturday to completely chill out after a relentless week in work. I call it “Bath, Brew, Deliveroo”. I pop fresh bedding on while my bath is running, then have a pot of tea in the bath with Netflix/ a book and a mud mask, usually around 11am. Then I order something indulgent for lunch that I wouldn’t normally make for myself and eat that on my bed while watching a film. It’s simple but I get so giddy thinking about it come Wednesdays. Any stress and anxiety built up during the week doesn’t get a look in just for that lovely few hours. Not a ‘hobby’ per se, but my own tradition that I like sticking to. It’s not the law that ‘hobbies’ must be active🤷🏼‍♀️ And no, I don’t have children and I appreciate it 100% that I’m able to do this 😂
This sounds dreamy... exactly what Saturdays are for ...

mRu

I play hockey. One night a week & Saturday morning. I've got an almost 2 year old & it gives me good headspace when I'm not mummy, something that's just for me.
For those asking about time, if you're passionate about something, you find the time. (Not trying to make anyone feel bad, just being honest!) I work full time too so life is pretty busy! My husband loves having his daddy-son time tho, so I don't feel guilty about it at all 😊