What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just on the off chance anyone has any tips...

I have very thick hair and it's become quite coarse as I've got older. The first 2/3 days after I wash it, it looks like a dry stack of hay. Then it immediately becomes a greasy mess.

It's like I have quite greasy roots but mid way down it's as dry as a bone.

I haven't tried many conditioners, but the ones I gave either have no effect or will make it too greasy looking.

Anyone have any tips?
This sounds exactly like my hair. Ive found that oils and masks work wonders.
I’ve tried olaplex but have to be really careful with how much I use because I find it difficult to wash out, I have to use a clarifying shampoo before I use the conditioner to get rid of any build up.

But, I’m really really loving and definitely recommend L’Oréal revive extraordinary oil. I use it once a week and it leaves my hair really sold and glossy. I love it!

Reactions: 3
Looking for some advice, I’m obsessive with hair care, I have long bleached blonde hair that has a tendency to be dry as it’s also naturally curly (I blow dry it) I want to start using Olaplex but no idea where to start. Any advice

Reactions: 1
Have you tried a hair mask? I find they give my hair a good boost especially if you can leave then on all day or over night.
No, I never tried a hair mask. Thanks for the tip. Any recommendations?

Mine is v similar and the only thing that helps is using Olaplex treatment (3) every 10-14 days as a treatment and cream & oil combo (6 & 7) to style. Wasn’t impressed by the shampoo & conditioner (4 & 5). I get the in-salon treatment (1) every time I get a trim too, even if I don’t get a colour done. It strengthens my hair as well as makes it soft and manageable.
I haven’t found a shampoo or conditioner / treatment that works as well but keen to hear if anyone else has?
Also using a boar bristle brush I’ve found helps as it distributes the hair oils down her shaft (maybe buys me another 1-2 days between washes)
I'll look into Olaplex and the boar bristle brush. T 👍

This sounds exactly like my hair. Ive found that oils and masks work wonders.
I’ve tried olaplex but have to be really careful with how much I use because I find it difficult to wash out, I have to use a clarifying shampoo before I use the conditioner to get rid of any build up.

But, I’m really really loving and definitely recommend L’Oréal revive extraordinary oil. I use it once a week and it leaves my hair really sold and glossy. I love it!
Ooh, thanks fof that recomendation. I'll give it a try.

It justs looks so dry and shapeless. I've got such thick hair, I am lucky, but if it does ever get cut into a decent style, it completely loses the shape/style after the first wash. The best I can do is try and maintain the condition.

I just got my lips done last week, I had no top lip at all 🤣 and my god its such a confidence booster!

View attachment 365689
Obsessed with this!! It looks so natural but the difference is really impressive at the same time. I have thin lips (similar to your before but my bottom lip is also thin) and have been getting my lips done annually for the past few years. Haven't been since May 2019 however, although I still have some filller left (it's Juvederm Volift which can last for 18 months). What type of filler did you get? Love the look.

Obsessed with this!! It looks so natural but the difference is really impressive at the same time. I have thin lips (similar to your before but my bottom lip is also thin) and have been getting my lips done annually for the past few years. Haven't been since May 2019 however, although I still have some filller left (it's Juvederm Volift which can last for 18 months). What type of filler did you get? Love the look.
Thank you so much! Yeah I find they look really natural, they have gone down abit now and I still have a top lip also when I smile the top lip is still visible 🤣🤣🤣 definitely going for more! But I've promised myself and my whole family I won't go over board 😆 the filler is called revolax xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My local laser clinic has a really good offer on I’m tempted to book for when they eventually open again. I do have the Phillips home laser hair remover and i am getting results but I think it’ll be done quicker professionally

Going to get my lips done soon. I do have nice lips I just want a bit more volume in my top lip and it evening out a bit. It's a little wonky and makes applying lipstick evenly such a pain.

I've been using better products on my hair. My hair was so dry and damaged but it's starting to look much better now. Still overly frizzy but the frizz-ease straight serum thing helps a lot when I remember to use it! Fell asleep last night and woke up with the curliest hair ever this morning. Unfortunately not in a nice way.

I like to stay in shape, wear flattering clothes, accessorise, have my nails done when I'm not at work, wear nice makeup. All these things make me feel like a solid 7/10. 😂

Only thing is since I lost weight I have 0 bum. Doing squats will help but if anyone has anymore tips I'd really appreciate it!

No, I never tried a hair mask. Thanks for the tip. Any recommendations?
It depends how much you want to spend and how much effort/patience you have.

I love the Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food and just leave in cling film or a shower cap as long as you can. Or I do like the olaplex but you have to wet your hair first and to be honest that requires to much effort for me! Otherwise you can get a single use one like you do face masks and they come with a cap.

Reactions: 3
It depends how much you want to spend and how much effort/patience you have.

I love the Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food and just leave in cling film or a shower cap as long as you can.
My friend has been using the Garnier Hair Food and her hair looks amazing. :love: It's absolutely transformed her hair from dry, dull and lifeless to looking so fresh and healthy.
I should really try it too.

Reactions: 4
Going to get my lips done soon. I do have nice lips I just want a bit more volume in my top lip and it evening out a bit. It's a little wonky and makes applying lipstick evenly such a pain.

I've been using better products on my hair. My hair was so dry and damaged but it's starting to look much better now. Still overly frizzy but the frizz-ease straight serum thing helps a lot when I remember to use it! Fell asleep last night and woke up with the curliest hair ever this morning. Unfortunately not in a nice way.

I like to stay in shape, wear flattering clothes, accessorise, have my nails done when I'm not at work, wear nice makeup. All these things make me feel like a solid 7/10. 😂

Only thing is since I lost weight I have 0 bum. Doing squats will help but if anyone has anymore tips I'd really appreciate it!
Try hip thrusts, lunges, sumo deadlifts and the hip abduction machines in the gym along with the squats you're already doing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Try hip thrusts, lunges, sumo deadlifts and the hip abduction machines in the gym along with the squats you're already doing!
I don't do gym, everything I'm doing is from home I purely don't have the money to spend on the gym atm as we're saving up to move. :cry:

Thank you for your advice. I do have weights so the deadlifts and everything else at home. Just the hip abduction I'll have to skip out on. Hoping all my efforts will pay off though! Sick of being flat as a pancake. 😅

I don't do gym, everything I'm doing is from home I purely don't have the money to spend on the gym atm as we're saving up to move. :cry:

Thank you for your advice. I do have weights so the deadlifts and everything else at home. Just the hip abduction I'll have to skip out on. Hoping all my efforts will pay off though! Sick of being flat as a pancake. 😅
Butt padding is the way forward. You too can have an arse like this.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I hear you! Do you have one of those resistance bands? You can use these to mimic the machine and so seated abductions, best paired with something like squats or deadlifts, but I find they've been great for me being at home.
Editing to say would do quite high reps with them, like 40 or so!

Someone further up this thread mentioned IT Cosmetics CC Cream, is it worth it? I don't have bad skin but £45 is a lot. I want something that covers my redness and doesn't settle in my dry skin, esp around my chin.

Someone further up this thread mentioned IT Cosmetics CC Cream, is it worth it? I don't have bad skin but £45 is a lot. I want something that covers my redness and doesn't settle in my dry skin, esp around my chin.
the CC cream is £32, I recommended earlier and I honestly think it is worth it. I’m super fussy with foundation and I’m blown away by it. My skin isnt bad but can be quite red and it just makes my face look a nice even tone without looking like I’ve got loads of make up on. I used my Estée Lauder on Christmas Day and hated it. I’m fully converted x

Adding the link to the website of the one I use

Just adding another link of a good website to try and find out your foundation colour for lots of different brands. This is how I got my colour and it was perfect

• Heart
My friend has been using the Garnier Hair Food and her hair looks amazing. :love: It's absolutely transformed her hair from dry, dull and lifeless to looking so fresh and healthy.
I should really try it too.
I second the Garnier Hair food masks. They smell lovely and have great results. I don’t leave mine on too long either. I’m way too impatient lol

I’ve used the olaplex mask on dry hair the last couple of times and the results have been pretty much the same as when I’ve used it on wet. I agree, it’s a lot of effort to wet your hair before you apply it to then have to wash it out. I like quick fixes lol

I personally wasn’t blown away by it, it’s OK and nice enough I just thought it would be a bit more wow. I have fairly light skin and usually get the 2nd or 3rd shade in foundations so thought I would go for light but it is darker than what I would have expected for shade light so maybe I might have enjoyed the product more if I had bought fair.
I also have combination skin so get oily on the T zone and just found it too dewy for my skin, if you have dry skin though it might be a good match for you!

I got mine on offer from Boots for £25 but it is around £30-£35 in most places, I’ve seen a few sites do mini bottles for like £14 if you wanted to try it without splashing out. The IT cosmetics site has this and you can also get 15% off your first order on there too

• Heart
Look up sculpted by amy second skin foundation,,, it gets rave reviews for rosacea and redness 👌🏻 It’s not as expensive as IT cosmetics either

ETA: photo

Attachments