What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I second the Garnier Hair food masks. They smell lovely and have great results. I don’t leave mine on too long either. I’m way too impatient lol

I’ve used the olaplex mask on dry hair the last couple of times and the results have been pretty much the same as when I’ve used it on wet. I agree, it’s a lot of effort to wet your hair before you apply it to then have to wash it out. I like quick fixes lol
Ooh, the Garnier ones look very...delicious lol. I'm especially tempted by the banana one. I've nearly used up my current hair mask (L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Damaged Hair mask which made my hair so soft) so going to go for one of the hair food ones next.

Reactions: 1
My glow up secret is going for a full body Thai massage once a month. It’s only £30 which as far as massages go is cheap. I cut back on other things to afford it. If anyone is in West Midlands and wants the best massage of your life I can pass on the details! I can’t explain how lovely it is! X

Reactions: 8
My glow up secret is going for a full body Thai massage once a month. It’s only £30 which as far as massages go is cheap. I cut back on other things to afford it. If anyone is in West Midlands and wants the best massage of your life I can pass on the details! I can’t explain how lovely it is! X
Yes please x

Those of you who use the garnier hair masks, do you use them on wet or dry hair?
I haven't used it dry yet I always use it wet. I put it on once a week as if it's a conditioner for a coule of minutes and then do all my exfoliating/shaving/extra long wash 🤣 and dance to ABBA in the shower whilst it's on. I have a soft shower brush (from Superdrug) I use too brush it through right before I wash it out then. It's the closest thing to Joicos "Luster Lock" when I don't want to splurge on that. Oh and use the green one, Aloe Vera and Coconut.

Reactions: 4
Those of you who use the garnier hair masks, do you use them on wet or dry hair?
After a shower when my hair is wet I get a teeny tiny amount (like half a pea) and run it through my ENDS (ends only!!!) then dry my hair as usual. It makes my hair super shiny! Banana one is my fave 💖💖💖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Eeek I’ve loved reading through this thread so much, I now have an order of a bunch of skin care (mainly the ordinary) products oh and the banana hair mask on its way 😂 exciting!

My project for January is to completely redecorate my bedroom, has anyone got any tips or nice ideas that they did with theirs? I’d like it quite minimal and a white/grey/pink blush colour scheme. I also really want to get rid of loads of clothes but I’m too hoardy!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Eeek I’ve loved reading through this thread so much, I now have an order of a bunch of skin care (mainly the ordinary) products oh and the banana hair mask on its way 😂 exciting!

My project for January is to completely redecorate my bedroom, has anyone got any tips or nice ideas that they did with theirs? I’d like it quite minimal and a white/grey/pink blush colour scheme. I also really want to get rid of loads of clothes but I’m too hoardy!
I recently decorated my bedroom and went for a similar colour scheme and kept it minimal, I don't like clutter in my bedroom and sleep and relax better when its nice and tidy. I went on Pinterest and Instagram for inspo. I tried to go for hotel glamour in the bedroom, nice big comfy pillows and lovely bedding but kept everything else fairly simple.

Clothes, get on ebay, I've made loads of cash selling clothes I would normally send to the charity shops. If you make some money it might inspire you to hoard less! Also there's a good documentary on Netflix called The Minimalists which is really inspiring and all about living with less clutter in our lives.

So today I have had a bath with my new Sanctuary skin products, put a hair mask in which I'm leaving overnight and I've dermaplaned and tinted my eyebrows. Put my skin oil on and will paint my nails shortly while sipping a Gin and Tonic :giggle:

After a shower when my hair is wet I get a teeny tiny amount (like half a pea) and run it through my ENDS (ends only!!!) then dry my hair as usual. It makes my hair super shiny! Banana one is my fave 💖💖💖
Loving the sound of the Garnier hair mask, will give it a try.

I haven't used it dry yet I always use it wet. I put it on once a week as if it's a conditioner for a coule of minutes and then do all my exfoliating/shaving/extra long wash 🤣 and dance to ABBA in the shower whilst it's on. I have a soft shower brush (from Superdrug) I use too brush it through right before I wash it out then. It's the closest thing to Joicos "Luster Lock" when I don't want to splurge on that. Oh and use the green one, Aloe Vera and Coconut.
I have the papaya hair mask, but have only used it as conditioner in the shower. Not sure whether to have wet or dry hair if I use it as a mask?

I have the papaya hair mask, but have only used it as conditioner in the shower. Not sure whether to have wet or dry hair if I use it as a mask?
I always use masks on wet hair I just leave it in longer than I would my normal conditioner.

Reactions: 3
Be careful with the drugstore masks with silicone in them. My hairdresser has shared videos of people using products that claim to make hair "shiny" etc and they put a film over the hair - when she scraped her scissors down the dry hair, a coating of what looks like wax comes off.

• Wow
Be careful with the drugstore masks with silicone in them. My hairdresser has shared videos of people using products that claim to make hair "shiny" etc and they put a film over the hair - when she scraped her scissors down the dry hair, a coating of what looks like wax comes off.

This! Thankfully the Garnier hair masks have no silicone in them!

Best self care thing I have ever did is take the plunge and get laser hair removal 12 years ago. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown (not PCOS have been checked twice) I had a lot of excess dark hair on my neck but especially like long side burns. 😭 That made for a happy and confident teenage girl!! When I was 19 I got it lasered. Have had a good 95-98% perm removal that never grows back. I have a few stubborn hairs here snd there I deal with and I have a top up session once every 12-18 months. In total I’ve spent £1100 and it’s genuinely saved my life. Without getting dark but yes, it was bad mentally.

Day to day self care:

have recently got my Fitbit back on and making an effort to get our daily and walk. What a difference to my mood and hopefully my fitness/weight.

Increasing my water intake back to 2 litres always helps me. Really improves my skin.

Making my bed every morning and opening curtains/blinds. Sets me up for the day.

I’m going to try the Garnier mask that’s been recommended as I want a mask treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just got a late Christmas present.. a dyson air wrap for long hair. I didn’t want to love it, but oh my god. I did a bleach London reconstruction hair mask last night then blow dried with it, used the hot brush to smooth it then the curl attachments. My hair looks so much smoother without using a finishing product even. Damn you dyson!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well ladies (and men if any lurking), I got $600+ back from the government and am going to treat myself, lol. I have never had botox before but have been researching and planning on getting it for a while. There is a plastic surgery clinic here that does botox and they have excellent reviews. As soon as they are allowed to reopen, I will be booking a consultation. I want it in my frown lines and a little in on my forehead - I don't want to look frozen but "fresh." The other half of the amount will be going on my hair. I have not had it done since July. I am booked in for a colour and cut for next month (hopefully they are allowed to open) and can't wait!!

Today, I also bought a silk pillowcase. I have read it is better for your hair and skin. Does anyone here use one?

To make my teeth white, I LOVE Crest strips. I only have to use them every few years. I bought some on sale today. They are not available in the UK though, when I lived there, I had US friends who would mail them to me.

Has anyone else used a salt hair scrub? My hairdresser recommended using one once a week to remove dead skin and build up. My hair feels so clean. I used epsom salt mixed in with a bit of shampoo and scrubbed my scalp. Some brands make them but I don't see the point of paying $50 for it!!

• Heart
Sadly I don’t think they are sold anymore but Newton’s chiropody sponges are a lifesaver for soft feet. Total game changer. Sometimes you can pick them up on eBay. New of course..

Reactions: 4
Yes please! I am West Midlands based xx

Reactions: 2