What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people think its a bit extreme but I change the bedding at least three times a week. Nothing feels better than getting into a fresh bed. I don't care that its extra work or laundry. Within the home its my favourite glow. I also have a deep tissue back massage once a month. Very sore for a few days after but worth it as it makes me feel like my battery has been recharged.
I'm low maintenance in the area of hair and beauty and hair so don't feel guilty splashing the cash on back massage.
Like a candle lit bath now and again but the candles must be unscented.

Reactions: 10
Generally I like regular brow and face threading, lash lift and tinting, filed and polished nails, regular trims for my dead ends, some face framing highlights, a good blow dry, a facial once every few months etc. This year all of that has sliiughtly fallen to the way side thanks to Covid. Trying to do more at home for maintenance, but have definitely had slumps when my mental health hasn’t been so good during parts of the year.

Im a fan of a good dry body brush before a shower then applying body oil to damp skin after too. Recently on the advice of the Sali Hughes thread tattlers I bought a Korean exfoliating mitt and it’s a bloody wonder. You end up with such smooth skin. I also love a good sugar body scrub.

Another thing that I think helps me feel great is getting regular teeth cleens with a dental hygienist. I aim to go every 4 months, which is maybe excessive for some, but I have a permanent wire behind my bottom teeth and it helps keep things clean and healthy. At home, flossing definitely helps too! (I am not always diligent in this...)

In 2021 I would love to get laser hair removal, and maybe a lil’ bit of Botox - for some forehead lines and also to help with headaches. Shall see how finances pan out though!

I will also say a big self-care thing I don’t do well is eating well and exercising regularly. It affects my mental and physical wellbeing and is my big focus for the new year. Less for some transformation moment and more to just take care of myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Generally I like regular brow and face threading, lash lift and tinting, filed and polished nails, regular trims for my dead ends, some face framing highlights, a good blow dry, a facial once every few months etc. This year all of that has sliiughtly fallen to the way side thanks to Covid. Trying to do more at home for maintenance, but have definitely had slumps when my mental health hasn’t been so good during parts of the year.

Im a fan of a good dry body brush before a shower then applying body oil to damp skin after too. Recently on the advice of the Sali Hughes thread tattlers I bought a Korean exfoliating mitt and it’s a bloody wonder. You end up with such smooth skin. I also love a good sugar body scrub.

Another thing that I think helps me feel great is getting regular teeth cleens with a dental hygienist. I aim to go every 4 months, which is maybe excessive for some, but I have a permanent wire behind my bottom teeth and it helps keep things clean and healthy. At home, flossing definitely helps too! (I am not always diligent in this...)

In 2021 I would love to get laser hair removal, and maybe a lil’ bit of Botox - for some forehead lines and also to help with headaches. Shall see how finances pan out though!

I will also say a big self-care thing I don’t do well is eating well and exercising regularly. It affects my mental and physical wellbeing and is my big focus for the new year. Less for some transformation moment and more to just take care of myself.
What Korean exfoliating mitt did you buy? Id be really interested in that!

Reactions: 1
What Korean exfoliating mitt did you buy? Id be really interested in that!
I can’t find it on Amazon.co.uk though I’m sure it was there a few months ago. But I bought the same green type as in this shape article: https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/korean-italy-towel-exfoliating-washcloth

I also then realised in my cupboard I had a Turkish version of the same thing too! The key is having a hot shower or bath beforehand I have found. You can legit see the dead skin coming off (sorry, TMI!)

Reactions: 3
I got brilliant Christmas present which gives a new lease of life to second day flat hair. I have quite short hair and it can become quite flat when I’ve been sleeping on it. I got the ghd rise hot brush and it is bloody amazing. Gave myself a salon finished hair style within about 10 mins on second day hair!

Reactions: 7
I can’t find it on Amazon.co.uk though I’m sure it was there a few months ago. But I bought the same green type as in this shape article: https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/korean-italy-towel-exfoliating-washcloth

I also then realised in my cupboard I had a Turkish version of the same thing too! The key is having a hot shower or bath beforehand I have found. You can legit see the dead skin coming off (sorry, TMI!)
Thank you I will take a look at that!

Reactions: 2
i know it's been previously discussed slightly but can anyone recommend a good face moisturizer ?? I've got combination skin, recently turned 30 and poor so I'm looking that's something below £20, ideally below £10 lol thanks :)

i know it's been previously discussed slightly but can anyone recommend a good face moisturizer ?? I've got combination skin, recently turned 30 and poor so I'm looking that's something below £20, ideally below £10 lol thanks :)

this is amazing, very rich so definitely use smaller amounts. 30ml is on sale at the mo comes in at £9.10 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been using the Simple Rich Moisturing Lotion for years and it's great - no frills but it's not irritating at all, non-scented and just generally works really well. (£4.29) The Ordinary's Natural Moisturising Factors is also really good (£4.90 at Boots).

Reactions: 4

Do you use on wet or dry skin x

I’m a busy hairdstylist and tend to neglect myself quite a lot recently, before the first lockdown I would religiously have acrylic nails, this isn’t something I’ve returned to, instead I’ve been file and polishing them myself, I find the Rimmel 60 second polish lasts the best especially with my job.
One thing I’d recommend is the semi permanent eyelash extensions, it’s like an instant glam, make up seems to take much less time because the eyelashes make me instantly look more put together, also I’ve been brave and gone to work for the first time ever with no make up just lashes and felt ok, wearing makeup under the masks and shields was killing my skin but I carried on doing it until i got the lashes back on, it’s a weird confidence boost.
I’ve been using the Charlotte Tilbury flawless filter for the past 5 months and really don’t rate it, before that was double wear which I think I shall go back to, but I’d love some recommendations for a good cc cream? Also the matching Charlotte tilbury concealer was ridiculously poor, the foundation is bare able to keep using but I’ll be glad when it’s empty x

I got Cloud 9 hair straighteners for Christmas and omg they are amazing! Really good for curling too. My hair is so shiny :love:

Now we are basically back in lockdown I'm going to make it my resolution to get properly dressed and do my hair/make up every day after I've worked out. If I stay in comfy clothes with my hair shoved up in a bun I just find I end up slobbing about for the rest of the day and just feeling totally bleh. Plus I don't keep up with my skincare routine when I have no make up to take off to begin with.

Reactions: 7

Purchased to arrive on Sat, perfect for my Sunday Self care 🤗 (is that really nauseating? 🤣) thank you! 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just on the off chance anyone has any tips...

I have very thick hair and it's become quite coarse as I've got older. The first 2/3 days after I wash it, it looks like a dry stack of hay. Then it immediately becomes a greasy mess.

It's like I have quite greasy roots but mid way down it's as dry as a bone.

I haven't tried many conditioners, but the ones I gave either have no effect or will make it too greasy looking.

Anyone have any tips?

Just got one too! Have been looking for something to sort my legs out, they just don't feel smooth even after I've shaved them. I love a good scrubbing so hope this is satisfying af too.

I have very thick hair and it's become quite coarse as I've got older. The first 2/3 days after I wash it, it looks like a dry stack of hay. Then it immediately becomes a greasy mess.

I haven't tried many conditioners, but the ones I gave either have no effect or will make it too greasy looking.

Anyone have any tips?
Have you tried a hair mask? I find they give my hair a good boost especially if you can leave then on all day or over night.

Anyone have any tips?
Mine is v similar and the only thing that helps is using Olaplex treatment (3) every 10-14 days as a treatment and cream & oil combo (6 & 7) to style. Wasn’t impressed by the shampoo & conditioner (4 & 5). I get the in-salon treatment (1) every time I get a trim too, even if I don’t get a colour done. It strengthens my hair as well as makes it soft and manageable.
I haven’t found a shampoo or conditioner / treatment that works as well but keen to hear if anyone else has?
Also using a boar bristle brush I’ve found helps as it distributes the hair oils down her shaft (maybe buys me another 1-2 days between washes)

I just got my lips done last week, I had no top lip at all 🤣 and my god its such a confidence booster!

20201219_141050.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 13