What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting highlights is the best thing I’ve done. It’s a commitment as I have medium brown hair naturally, but now every 7-8 weeks I go to the salon and get my hair cut and coloured and I feel so much better. I used to get my hair cut once or twice a year at any random salon and dye it red or brown at home. I just wasn’t that bothered about it. Now I go to the same stylist because she’s brilliant and it makes me feel so good to get my hair done. Blonde is the best colour I’ve been (and I’ve been them all!). It seems to brighten my skin.

The less makeup the better...at least face makeup. I have stopped wearing foundation and just do concealer under my eyes and any red areas and wheew my skin looks much better. Still do eye makeup, and a bit of blush and bronzer but it doesn't look cakey. I like to see my pores - I know some people love the blurred pore/filter look but I can't stand that.
This is exactly what I wanted to add. I’ve had rosacea and spots since I was 11 and it’s gone through stages of being really awful to almost clear. I’m now 32 and only for the last year or so have I stopped using foundation and just used concealer under my eyes and on any spots, and my skin is so much better for it. I get a couple of spots every now and then but the rosacea is hardly noticeable. I used to wear full coverage foundation because I was so self-conscious of even the slightest hint of pink on my skin. I realise now that I actually look much better when you can see my pores and skin tone, with a little blush and highlight, rather than the flat full coverage look I had.

Reactions: 6
Niacimide works wonders on pores and tiny spots!

I take about 20/30 mins id say.

i use micellar water and then nivea cleanse and tone
Then this vitamin c serum
The ordinary hyaluronic acid
Simple light moisturiser

I’m a skincare beginner to be honest 🤣 but these seem to work for me

id like to find some nice eye cream and also something to minimise pores! I also need to find a good primer

sorry forgot to add in make up! I’m desperate for new make up. I’m using bunch of random bits and I’m not a fan of my current Clinique foundation so I’m looking at options. If anyone can recommend a good one? I was thinking of NARS?

Reactions: 1
For me, on the outside its investing in good quality make up and makeup brushes. Its amazing what the correct shade of foundation can do! Also fake tan, i have learnt less is more and i dont plaster it on like the way i used to do!
I am very tit when it comes to body positivity and i have body dysmorphia so i havent got any glow ups at the moment in terms of my body... But i do drink lots of water now and it absolutely has made such a difference in how i feel and how my skin looks.

Reactions: 6
What's the nicest tan you've ever used girls? I might treat myself to some in the sales.
I really want to try molly mae filter fake tan.
tried theUtan cherry 🍒 nice but felt like my body needs to be hydrated for the-tan to look nice. My skin was dry (not tans fault)
also I loved jamie’s Genevieve’s tanning water, feeling lazy I just spray my face and cover the rest of my body

My skincare routine has been working wonders recently! I think I finally perfected it.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Always makes me feel sooo clean)
SomeBiMi AHA BHA Miracle Toner (it has Nicotinamide in it <3333 sorted out my hormonal acne)
The Ordinary Buffet serum (only anti-aging stuff that I ever notice an actual difference with)
SomeBiMi AHA BHA Miracle Moisturiser (only moisturiser that agrees with my combination skin)
Always use SPF on top of this, I've been using Glossier Invisible Shied SPF 35+.

I use the Ordinary Lactic Acid (10%) Serum to exfoliate once or twice a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love this thread 😍

I’m working from home all the time at the moment but normally I work away a lot which means staying in hotels. Usually ends up being a Premier Inn but if I can get a good deal on a Hilton or something it’s an added bonus. Not every night I’m away as I often finish late and like to go to bed early, but if I’ve got a full evening I’ll go and find a Boots beforehand and get a face mask and a few new bits of make up, I’ll have a really hot bath and read my book, then I’ll tint my eyebrows and fake tan (so it doesn’t matter if I get it on the hotel sheets/towels 😂) then chill, preferably in the hotel dressing gown if there is one! In the morning I’ll get up early and wash the fake tan off, do my hair and then spend ages getting ready and try out the new bits of make up 😊

Generally important to me is eating properly and drinking 2-3L water a day. Also running makes me feel great but sometimes I struggle to get myself to go, it makes a huge difference though.

Let myself go the first lockdown due to being off work for nearly 6 months and never really getting out of ‘holiday mode’. This time round I’m trying really hard to eat properly, I’ve lost 5lbs in the last month and started running again. Have been having the odd bubble bath but it’s just not the same at home, I need my solo hotel room 🤣 and my boyfriend freaks every time I fake tan at home!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Better skincare routine and going back to my natural hair colour have been big "glow up" changes for me maybe. I'm ginger and used to always dye it blonde or brunette when I was younger but realised as I've grown up how much I love my red hair.

Honestly, cheesy as it sounds, my biggest glow up tip has been caring less what people thinking and stop prioritising others opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love this thread, some great ideas.

Running is definitely self care for me, I don't love it when I'm doing it, but I feel good afterwards.

I'm another who spends lots of skincare / makeup, but then doesn't use it. I'm really paranoid about my laughter lines (am only 35).

I have just made an effort to buy some casual skirts to wear with tights instead of joggers that I appear to be stuck in right now. I started wearing jeans again two weeks ago for the first time since about March 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I love this thread! For me I love fake tan, treating myself to a Costa hot chocolate, buying a new outfit (that actually fits and isn't lounge wear) and having a fresh hair cut always makes me feel better about myself

Reactions: 7
Mine is definitely fake tan. I go from a 4 to a solid 7 with a tan and lose a stone instantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What kind of serums/skincare would you recommend using weekly? I like to pamper myself on Saturdays, do all the beauty things, but I'd like to add a special skincare product to use after I cleanse and dermaplane.

I have some redness, a bit of acne around my mouth, and my skin tends towards being dry.

What kind of serums/skincare would you recommend using weekly? I like to pamper myself on Saturdays, do all the beauty things, but I'd like to add a special skincare product to use after I cleanse and dermaplane.

I have some redness, a bit of acne around my mouth, and my skin tends towards being dry.
I honestly think a good place to start is the liz Earle skincare package. I have really dry skin (so pick the dry skin cream) it’s all natural so it calms my skin. It’s a good price.

Reactions: 4
If I’m feeling a bit rubbish, I tend to have an early bath and do some reading so I can totally switch off. I enjoy a good hair mask too. At the moment I’m using the Garnier banana mask.

After using a sample of the Elemis Pro Collagen Marine cream for the last week or so, I’ve decided to make use of the 25% promo code they have currently and buy a bigger pot. It’s the most I’ve ever spent on a beauty product, even with the code but I’ve heard such good things and it feels wonderful on my skin so here’s hoping 🤞🏻

I love elemis and found buying it in special buy on qvc made it more affordable especially as part of a set. Just seen this and ordered the red one which is franpangi it’s what my gym spa use and smells amazing 🤩

Reactions: 3
I had semi permanent eyebrows done this year and it’s changed my life.

I love make up but being in lockdown has made me hate wearing full coverage foundation which is usually Estée Lauder double wear so I took the plunge on Black Friday and got it cosmetics CC cream and I am honestly in LOVE with it, my partner never notices my make up and the first time I wore it he noticed, and said it looked like I had a real life filter on 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I had semi permanent eyebrows done this year and it’s changed my life.

I love make up but being in lockdown has made me hate wearing full coverage foundation which is usually Estée Lauder double wear so I took the plunge on Black Friday and got it cosmetics CC cream and I am honestly in LOVE with it, my partner never notices my make up and the first time I wore it he noticed, and said it looked like I had a real life filter on 😂😂
Oh I must try this cc Cream? Never heard of it.. I am useless at being female lol. I use Estee Lauder all the time, Would like a change.

My skincare routine is a Kiehl's gift set my partner got me for my birthday, Honestly my skin feels amazing after but I haven't had the chance to sit down and do it properly now since being back to work as I'm always just so tired! It is a face wash cleanser, a toner, a moisturiser and like an eye cream then an overnight one... it just feels so good and really did help my skin alot.

I also love to do my tan, life just seems better when I am bronzed haha. I am sooooo white im nearly transparent so i just feel much better when I do my tan.

Getting my nails and eyebrows done always makes me feel great, or getting a new outfit. Not that have anywhere to go now :rolleyes: Lockdown pending here in NI

Reactions: 4
Mine is definitely gel nail polish every fortnight. It costs a fortune so I did a course and now do my own. I basically only ever have the same 2/3 colours, and I keep my nails quite short (just past the end of my fingertips) but honestly I feel like a hot mess if I don’t have them done. Seems to make a huge difference and feels really put together even if I’m wearing pjs.

• Heart
Reactions: 3