What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while drunk, and how did you get over it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late to the thread but on my hen do I stayed in a huge party room that slept 20 of my besties! We had a pool party with a £1k bar tab & constantly being brought shots! I was helped to bed by my bridesmaids at the end of the night, soaking swimming costume peeled off me. I was sharing a bed with a pal and started cuddling her in my naked drunken state - she jumped out of the bed immediately haha. Woke up in the morning naked obvs and crept to the bathroom to have a wee and was then told that my pals had seen it all already, that I had gotten up in the middle of the night, clearly disoriented, stood at the end of the bed and had a wee on the floor thinking I was at the toilet! It was 5 years ago and I am still not over it to this day! Spoilt the rest of my hen party for me 🙁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Twenty two years ago my then boss invited me to her house for a dinner party. I was 18 and it was my first grown up soirée. Her boyfriend was there, another colleague and her husband and a male friend of theirs, to make up 6.

I got hideously drunk, half snogged her boyfriend (everyone saw) and then I spent the next week on leave looking for a new job.

It still makes me die inside. I stayed at the job for a couple of more years after the incident.

I have never told anyone about it 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
18th birthday. Got fully naked in the toilets in a nightclub, except for my high heels 😐 I still sometimes lie awake just remembering that people I haven’t seen in years likely still have the photos knocking about in their iCloud!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Two that immediately come to mind,

There was a new member of staff at work and we hit it off. We decided to go out for a few drinks. After a few, there was a bit of smooching and soon after she went to the bar to get a round in. I had gone to the toilet and when I came out she was still at the bar. I approached her and the smooching continued.... but you know when you are drunk and you see double, I had that moment. I was kissing her but I could see her standing beside us.... yeah that was no illusion, she had a twin and I had kissed her sister. She often spoke of her sister... but she never mentioned the identical twin thing.

When I worked in a bar, actually it was not long before the twin incident. We saved tips and banked them all for our Christmas party. We would go out for a meal and all come back to the pub and drink the rest of the night away. For all the time I worked there we often spoke about "That button" which was under the bar, it looked like a water heater switch with a red light on it. No one knew what it did, even the boss. The only thing we were told was that we shouldn't use it. After many drinks I decided to flick the switch. Nothing happened.... to begin with. Yeah it was a panic button. The bar was based in a railway station and it triggered a response from the Transport Police and Armed Police.... and a number of trains including the sleeper train were all stopped.

And just to include my now wife (not one of the twins, I will add) into this: It is so rare that we get time of together so about three years ago we had six days off at the same time so we went out to get totally drunk. This was achieved. On the way home she decided she wanted to throw up so she disappeared and soon came running back... It was just after 10pm and the local news were broadcasting live, she had been throwing up in the background of the shot.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it raises a few laughs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve too many to even know where to begin. I admire people’s honesty here.
As much as I’d love to fess up with all of mine, I’m still too scared I’ll get rumbled.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was extremely drunk and after leaving a club decided to declare to a male friend that I was madly in love with him and was hysterically crying etc 🤣 he would act like he liked me and we’d had the odd kiss and met up loads but we both didn’t want to take it any further so god knows why I said it. But this wasn’t the bad bit 🤦🏻‍♀️ I pocket called my boss and she heard the whole thing, woke her up at 4am and every time she put the phone down she said it would call back. I didn’t realise until the next day and with the dreaded hangover anxiety came a complete meltdown realising what I had done!! I had to go into work on the Monday and she asked to speak to me in private I could have died. She said she was genuinely very concerned about me and thought and I was in danger. I explained it had only called her as my phone came unlocked and hers was the first number in my contacts. She was pissed if woke her up I think 😂 it was awkward in the office for a while and even though it’s obviously nobody’s business what you get up to in personal time I felt really unprofessional my boss knowing od go out on weekends and get into that state!! I was like 18/19 at the time. I’ve done many many embarrassing things whilst drunk and that’s the reason I don’t drink anymore, I have literally a hundred stories as bad as this 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh so many..

Many years ago my best friend and I went out for a few wines, some how as the night went on I kept blacking out, apparently we went to another pub and I sat on some random guys lap and he carried me outside and next thing I know I'm in an ambulance on the way to hospital.

When we got to the hospital my friend had to help me go to the toilet and when my mum came to pick me up I proceeded to shout that said friend had seen my 'fangita'. I couldn't talk or see my best friend for days after that, I was so embarrassed.

Another time which also was years ago was when I worked at a club and was seeing a guy there. Anyway he broke up with me and got with another girl we worked with. My house mate and I went out and ended up in said club and he was working, somehow it ended with a friend from work giving us a lift home with my ex. He dropped us off so I decided to tell my ex what an absolute a**hole he was, then got out of the car and tripped flat on my face. I still had to work with him after that, the utter shame.

Not so much embarrassing but weird....my friend gave my number to a guy who was flyering for a club, he messaged me one night asking if I wanted to go back to his for a party. I got there and his idea of a party was him, his friend and I watching the Goonies! He fell asleep and his friend then tried it on with me. I left, got a taxi home and never spoke to him again.

Reactions: 4
My problem is, when sober, I give myself a talking to, dont do this, dont do that and definitely dont get your tits out. I usually ended up doing all of the above 🤣
On 1 particular day . . Day drinking 🙄 I lap danced for a guy and then jokingly ended up piss taking a guy for having a girls name.
Fast forward to the following day, horribly hung over, when I could finally get out of bed, I head to the supermarket. . 1st guy I saw, lap dancing man 👀
Promptly followed by girls named man serving me on the deli counter!!
Cringe . . My day drinking days are thankfully over and I rarely get my tits out either 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My problem is, when sober, I give myself a talking to, dont do this, dont do that and definitely dont get your tits out. I usually ended up doing all of the above 🤣
On 1 particular day . . Day drinking 🙄 I lap danced for a guy and then jokingly ended up piss taking a guy for having a girls name.
Fast forward to the following day, horribly hung over, when I could finally get out of bed, I head to the supermarket. . 1st guy I saw, lap dancing man 👀
Promptly followed by girls named man serving me on the deli counter!!
Cringe . . My day drinking days are thankfully over and I rarely get my tits out either 🤣
This actually made me burst out laughing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When I was at uni got kicked out of a club for being too drunk - I was then put in a taxi home by my friends where I proceeded to vomit all over the interior of the door (my mushroom risotto clearly identifiable if anyone’s interested). Cab driver not happy so that was £60 extra for the deep clean.... ouch.
Get home and realise halfway through getting ready for bed that I’ve lost my phone - disaster. I knew in my drunken state that I must have dropped it in the street so run out to look for it... wearing only my pants. In Newcastle. In the middle of winter.
Ps when I was taken upstairs eventually by my flatmate - phone was on my bed. Sigh.

• Haha
25th birthday. Went to a club with a few friends, ended up drunk as a skunk, and decided how fun it would be to do a karaoke of "Do you think I'm sexy", while stripping off down to my underpants and socks!

I don't remember any of it of course. And an even greater advantage was because it was over 30 years ago there were no mobile phones or cameras to show evidence of my ill-judged actions!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m late to this thread but I was a wild child back in the day and I’m ashamed to admit I got myself in some bad situations. The worst one was that at a house party two doors down apparently someone dared me to drink the ‘punch’ bowl.

So I did.

I have no recollection of any of this but I was carried home, but proceeded to get up, fall down the stairs and the paramedics were called. I had alcohol poisoning and hypothermia and woke up in hospital with electric blankets over me, puke in my hair and my dad sat next to me in the chair. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I was allowed home to my student house but couldn’t walk unaided for a few days and didn’t touch alcohol for months.

but I was famous at the house parties from then on which was embarrassing to say the least.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Sadly I mostly don’t remember much after a night out but I do (sorta) remember two stories.

First was at my cousin’s wedding. My other cousin and I got drunk on rosé and his girlfriend got super jealous to the point that my nan had to go over to her and remind her of the fact that we are related. She still glared at me the whole night 😂
because I was not 18 I got put at the kids table for dinner, which resulted in me telling them how amazing being a kid is and that they should enjoy their time without responsibilities 😂 Such a classic old people move haha.

Second story is way worse and I actually barely remember anything.
It was at last years Karneval here in Germany and I got extremely drunk while still at home. I was very loud and obnoxious during the train ride into town but that’s pretty normal for most people during Karneval, so far so good. For some stupid reason I continued to drink a lot of vodka (with just a splash of coke) and pretty much don’t remember anything until late at night when I woke up in my bed barely dressed.
Turns out I was trying to escape from my friends, bit one of them, nearly got into a fight, nearly got arrested but my bf came just in time to safe me, but then I tried to fight him. Cried and yelled a lot and nearly go run over by a train 😅 My bf called my parents because he didn’t know how to handle
me, but eventually got me in his car. I vomited all over it and myself, so once home he had to clean me up and then put me to bed. He was mad for a good few days.
The first couple of weeks I nearly died of embarrassment just thinking about that day 🙃

Oh and this years Karneval got cancelled due to Covid but it’s probably God way of punishing me for my behaviour 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love that most of these are ‘uni’ stories. I didn’t go to Uni and was in a long term relationship from 15 to 22 - I think since the breakup I made up for missed uni years! 32 now and time to grow up I think! Enough drunken embarrassing stories to last me a lifetime! Vomiting, falling over, crying - done the absolute lot!! Managed to fit a marriage in there though so time to be a sensible wife in my older age haha x

A better question for me would be ‘Who is the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while drunk...?’
I once made a bet on a night out with a friend that I wouldn’t sleep with his friend.. Lost that bet, it’s like the bet made him more enticing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not something that I am embarrassed by but something i find funny when drunk....
I had a masectomy and have a breast prostheses for my bra, after a drink i like wind our friends up asking if they want to see my boobs or feel it then chuck it to them 😂. Thankfully my husband and friends have a good sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think I might have told my upstairs neighbour to f**k off last weekend. I haven’t seen him since..,

This is by no means the cringiest thing I’ve done while drunk, but it’s my most recent performance 😂
When i was 18, arrived home from the pub with a bag of goodies. Basically said to my mother that I wasn't drunk. Said I'd prove it by opening a packet of crisps which exploded and went everywhere. I fell on my hands and knees trying to pick them all up🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Way to many tbh, i used to be terrible for kissing randoms when drunk then dissapering after id had a drink out of them 🤣

Main one that jumps out was throwing up in my friends sink then walking home at 5am after a party, took me over 2 hours to get home and had work that day. How anyone didnt realise i was drunk at work ill never know. When she brought the party up i just pretended i had been picked up after everyone had gone to sleep as i didnt want to her to know it was me that had been sick in her house 🙈

• Haha
My boyfriend (now husband) and I had wild drunken monkey sex in the bathroom at a friends party and left “evidence” down the side bath panel. The dog is still being blamed 20 years later 😝

• Haha
This thread is gold 🤣
I got drunk at a bar in England, grabbed the karaoke mic from someone and screamed my way through the fields of athenry without the screen with the words on it 🤪🤭
In fairness I got a great round of applause🤣

• Haha