What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago I was staying at my boyfriends house and woke up in the middle of the night to see a really tall 'person' towering over me. I was so scared that I hid under the duvet and after plucking up the courage to look again, it was gone!

I mentioned it in the morning to my boyfriend and his mum and her face turned white. Turns out her previous husband had a brain haemorrhage and died in the garage. He was 6ft 6.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Well, I was plodding along, holding down a job, family life, planned the future and then this thing called a pandemic happened and swept the carpet from right under my feet. We couldn’t leave the house, antibac hand gel was sparse, people were dying, we couldn’t see our nearest and dearest.

never did I think I’d be writing that this time last year.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
just remembered one.... I used to live in a flat years ago... I just had my twins (girls) and loads of strangers would stop and ask me questions about the girls.. people just being friendly... anyway I was out with them once when a teenage boy stopped me and said they were cute !!!! At the time I thought that’s odd for a boy to do that because it was mostly women usually older woman that would talk to me about the girls....anyway fast forward a few years and the girls by now we’re 5.... we moved house because the flat was too small... anyway I went to the supermarket and walking home down our road... when the same boy who said the girls were cute appeared !!!! I was looking at him thinking I’ve met you before!!!! Then remembered who he was.....
He was with his nan .... they lived down the same freaking road as us..... anyway he was looking at the girls and said do you want to come and see my rabbits and the girls been innocent said yessssss..... so we went together to go and see his rabbits ..... when we came out of that house I told the girls firmly that they never ever talk to strangers or go anywhere near that boy.... I just have a bad feeling about him...... four years forward..... he was arrested and charged with rape ..... of a child ... she was 9 and he raped her over the park that we lived facing ...... my blood still runs cold now typing this.....
A mother’s instinct ❤

does anyone live near Ruth Wilson or used to live near her this case really gets me I’d really like to think Ruth is out there living a life she’s happy with ❤

Reactions: 4
I was 15 years old walking home from school in the dark with my headphones in. Suddenly, I felt a hand go up my skirt from behind and squeeze my bum. I turned around and it was a man on a bike! I think he said something to me but I couldn't hear him over my music. He pedalled away really slowly as if nothing had happened. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. It was only about 2 minutes away from my house as well.
I wish I would have kicked him off his bike into the road but I was too frozen with fear at the time to do anything.
What makes me sick is that he clearly knew I was under 16 since I was wearing my school uniform. Not that it's okay to assualt grown women, but it's even worse to do it to a child in my opinion.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
When I was 18 I went on holiday to Crete with my sister. We went to a bar one night and both got far too drunk and I ended up getting separated from her. I started walking back to the hotel on my own and must have taken a wrong turning as I ended up down some country lane in the middle of nowhere with no street lighting. A car started driving really slowly beside me and an old Greek man wound the window down and asked me my name. He had his dick out and was wanking.
I was so drunk that I was struggling to walk properly and he stopped the car and got out (with his dick still out). He tried to pull me into the car but I screamed and screamed so loudly that it must have panicked him and he got back in the car and drove off.
I managed to get back to the hotel and told the man on reception what had happened and he just laughed and called me “crazy drunk woman”. it makes my blood run cold to imagine what would have happened if the man in the car had been able to get me in there and drive me off somewhere.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
So a about 4 years ago, me and my friend were on holiday in the south of France with her parents. We were staying in the middle of nowhere in a gite. There was 2 other families staying there as well as the family who own all the gites. The other two families went to bed pretty early as their children were young but we were still awake at about 2am. We were just chattting with the little lamp on while everyone else was asleep. We happened to be having a conversation about John Lennon as my friend is a huge Beatles fan. When we switched off the light to settle back down to sleep. A light shone through the window. I thought it was just my imagination but then my friend was like did you see that??? I can’t even describe how odd it was. The window was one of them roof windows. And there was no lights on the roof or cars or anything that could have shone this light in the way it was. I really think it was some sort of sign
I’ve added a pic to show what the light looked like because it was sooo bright !

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
We have cuddly toys in our upstairs window, as is the cheery thing to do, like having a rainbow picture, in the current times. Anyhow, I took the bins out, looked up, and to my horror, the window was wide open, and little teddy and co were no longer there! I rushed upstairs, only to find they had all fallen out and landed on the porch roof, now sadly in a puddle. Took a bit of prodding with a clothes prop to push them off onto the ground, and after a gentle wash and spin on the delicates setting, they’re all fine now and rightfully restored.

(Basically it was a bit windy and I hadn’t shut the window properly, but I was a bit alarmed for a moment, I can tell you.)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just before my 17th birthday I started working at Tesco on the checkouts, it was my first job and I was loving it. About a week after I had this man came through my checkout, quite tall, (but then again I am only 4’11 so everyone is tall to me) and I wouldn’t say he was fat but he was quite stocky he had strong arms but a bit of a belly, I would say he was maybe late 30’s early 40’s? He also kinda seemed not right if that makes sense? Maybe a but autistic.. Anyway he came through my checkout and started chatting to me saying he hadn’t seen me in here before and asking when I had started, I just thought he was a friendly customer so chatted back to him, he paid for his shopping and left. Every week when he came in I noticed that he would ALWAYS come through my checkout but before he would come through he would walk around the aisles next to my till for about 45 minutes to an an hour and every time I would look up he would be staring at me and then would quickly look back at the shelves. A couple months later it was my 17th birthday so I had booked the weekend off work so that I could do something with my friends. When I came back to work he did his usual wait until my checkout line was empty and there was nobody around and then he came over (he would always have a basket but would only have like maximum of 5 items but would always be in the shop well over an hour) and so I started scanning his items and he said to me “I came in to see you because I had something to show you but you weren’t here, but then I remembered it was your birthday so that’s probably why you weren’t here” this immediately sent alarm bells going off because I had never told this man when my birthday was or that I had even had any time off - I never gave out anything personal to any customers! So I was like how tf did he know it was my birthday and it really creeped me out. Only then he went “so how old are you now? 17?” And again I was like wtf because yes in theory I did look my age and he was probably just guessing but I had never told him how old I was! Anyway after this I started noticing him come in more and more frequently, now multiple times a week and always staring at me from aisles and always coming through my checkout, so I mentioned it to some of the older women on the checkouts and this one woman said she had noticed it too and to be careful. Anyway, it then got to the point where he was coming in multiple times a day and coming through my checkout and being really weird, he said to me the once “You live on (insert name of my road) don’t you?” And I was immediately really freaked out because I often would walk to and from work usually at night as well after I finished shifts at 10pm and I started thinking what if he follows me or watches me walk home what if he’s planning to do something, so i panicked and was like “no that’s not my house that’s my uncles house” and he went “no it isn’t, I see you go in and out all the time” and I went “yeah I visit my cousins a lot” and he went “I know it’s your house” and laughed. This really freaked me out because I had never seen him outside Tesco so how did he know where I lived, he had obviously been watching me. So after this I ended up telling some of the shift runners who told me to just ignore it and that he’s a weirdo and to just be polite but don’t talk to him (which is what I tried to do anyway!) so the next day he then comes in and says to me he stopped his car to let me cross the road but I didn’t see him so he waved at me but he doesn’t think I saw him, again I was like wtf why is he stopping his car and waving at me! So again mentioned to the team leaders that I didn’t want to serve him and he was really creeping me out. A lot of people on the checkouts had also noticed how he was and always kept an eye out when he came through my checkout. The one time this woman came through my checkout and was buying some holiday clothes and she was telling me how she was going away the week after so was buying some new bikinis for the beach, after she left he then came through my checkout and said “Oh I thought you were going to put one of those bikinis on and model it, you’d make a good swimwear model” this comment literally made my skin crawl and I panicked, I didn’t want to serve him anymore so I pressed my security button on the till and my manager came running over and I got up and said “I need to go to the toilet” and I ran off. I went into the toilet and I was shaking and crying because I was just so disgusted, he was really scaring me. So when I came out my manager was waiting for me and asked what was going on and why did I press my security button when I was only going to the toilet, and I broke down to him again crying and told him everything that had been going on. He told me not to worry and they wouldn’t let him come through my checkout and they could ban him if they needed to. After this he then continued to come in multiple times a day and whenever he came in my manager would always clock him and would hover around my checkout to scare him off, only the one day he tried to come through my checkout even though my manager was standing there and my manager said to him “excuse me sir can I move you to this empty checkout, we’re just trying to reduce queues” and he looked my manager dead in the face and went “no I’m fine here” and my manager went “no you need to move to this checkout” so he reluctantly moved to a few checkouts over, but as soon as my manager turned around and walked off, he then pretty much ran out of the queue and back down an aisle, he waited until my line was empty and again tried to come through only as he was unloading his basket my manager came over and was like “oh Wendy needs your help with the cashing up can you go give her a hand” and so my manager jumped on the checkout and I walked off to one of the shift runners who said to me “it’s okay we know what he’s doing, don’t worry” but the guy looked so pissed! Anyway every time he came into the store, before he was done shopping the shift runners would come and take me off the till and give me little jobs like going and putting stuff back on the shelves but you bet he would be there following me around the store, the one time I was emptying all the bins from underneath the checkouts and he came over to me and said hello, I ignored him and carried on moving up the checkouts, he followed me up and went “are you avoiding me??” And I ignored him and he went “IM TALKING TO YOU” and the tone in his voice scared the life out of me. I ignored him and walked off. He then put in a complaint about me to the main desk and said I shouldn’t be so rude to customers. This man was honestly the most obsessive man I had ever come across, soon after this I got a new job and left Tesco without telling any of my colleagues where I was going in fear they would accidentally tell him and he came into that place to stalk me. I also out he was a care taker at a secondary school, it really scares me and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he does this to young girls at the school. I’m expecting one day to turn on the TV or read in the papers that he’s a serial killer or something! But I always dread to think what would have happened to me if I didn’t leave.
Obviously everything in reading on here is shocking. But I honestly can't beleive the store didn't ban him ... even before you set the alarm off. Surely for him to upset you that much and managers noticing his strange behaviour would of warranted a ban. It's despicable that a huge company would allow that to carry on.

This thread leaves me with no words.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When I was in 5th year at high school (so about 16 or 17) i would walk to school every morning, my school was just along the road from my house in a nice residential area. More than once a man would be standing waiting for me at the corner and would walk past me with his *bits* exposed. The first time it happened as a young girl you somehow are embarrassed and blame yourself into not telling anyone. Anyway it had happened a few times and I confided in a friend at school. Now I don’t know if it was my friend or someone who overheard me saying it but someone told the depute head master. He pulled me out of class and asked me about it and could not have been nicer. The police then came to my house to take a statement and assure my mum they’d be there every morning to keep an eye out. To this day I think about it often and thank god that pupil when to tell the teacher, this man could so easily done something much worse to me. Thinking back I don’t know why I didn’t tell an adult. 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The scariest thing for me happened when I was 16.
I was out in town with my friends and a man kept driving past us and staring, he was alone and he drove past about 6-7 times. At the bottom of my hill was a bus stop and I'd sit there and wait for my friends bus with her before walking home. I was walking up my hill and this same car drove up the hill and parked in a street that was 2 streets down from my home then he walked out of the street up the hill in front of me. He then walked in to the next street so I had the option of walking straight up the hill where there's a few dark lanes or follow him in to the street where there were houses and lights. I chose that option but crossed the road. I pretended to be on my phone to a friend and he started calling me saying 'oi'. I ignored him and could see he was stood at the top of a lane with his hood over his face and his trousers around his ankles playing with himself, I started to run, he chased me in to a garden and shouted at me to show him my boobs. I was hysterical at the point. He then threatened me with a knife if I didnt show him. Thankfully, a car was driving down the street and he ran away, the lane he was stood at was easy access to his car in the next street down. I rung my mum in hysterics, I was so frightened that she had to come and collect me from the garden. I reported it to the police, he was arrested but not charged as there wasn't enough evidence as he hadn't physically touched me. About 2 months after this, I went in to a petrol station with my mum to see him stood behind the counter. He laughed in my face 😡 I'm now 30 and I've not walked alone in the dark on my own since.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I am a 5ft girl for reference. I worked in an office, normally there’s a few of us but one day when I was on my own a man came in completely off his face on drink and drugs. He was shouting and talking to someone who wasn’t there and told me he would rape me. He kept trying to take my desk phone away and he was blocking my only way out and had smashed glass in his hand. He told me he was going to rape me and was insisting that he knew me. I had to log onto Facebook on my work computer and ask anyone I could to ring the police for me while trying to keep him chatting. He only left in the end because a male customer came in. I found out after he was a sex offender and had just been released from prison that day. He went on to sexually assault (maybe worse) someone else that day and got put in prison again.

im a housing officer so I’ve had some really bad experiences where I’m the only person alone with someone who is on drink or drugs. Another one that comes to mind is I was meeting a tenant at the property but he’d gathered random men off the street to his flat presumably to smoke heroin. All these smacked up 50 year old men were begging me to stay in the flat and were saying the weirdest stuff.

also had a viewer lock me inside the house with him and I told him he had to open the door because someone else was coming- they weren’t but I am pretty sure he was going to do something to me

I’ve also accidentally walked in on a cannabis farm at work in an empty house.

Also been with people who are very mentally ill and they’re showing me things that aren’t there. Did a viewing with someone who ended up committing murder

I’ve been sexually assaulted by an old man at work, just put his arms round me and groped me

I’ve met sex offenders and criminals and been alone in a house with them unknowingly

there’s other stuff but listing this out makes me realise just how scary my job is haha, I’m actually going to uni to retrain 😭😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’ve had a few really scary things happen to me but this one really terrified me.
I was 13 and me and my friend were walking back to her house at around 9pm it was dark but we were on a really long main road and it was lit fairly well but there was nobody around. We were just coming up to the pub which was in the middle of this road (my friend lived right at the end of the road) and a guy started walking up from the other side of the pub. He was a fairly big bloke and he was really staring, I started to get a little nervous and opposite the pub were allotments and a huge dark field. He kept staring but slowed his walking, so we sped up to get past him faster. I remember being relieved that he was now behind us and then we heard his footsteps stop and he shouted “ excuse me do you know the time” my friend spun around and shouted “9” then he said “ I wasn’t talking to you I was asking her” I spun round and within seconds he was pretty much in our face. He put his arm on my shoulder and as I went to step back he pulled me into him and spun me around so my back was against his chest. He put his arm across neck and chest area and with his other hand he started rubbing me down below over my jeans. I turned my head towards the pub and there was nobody outside at all, I could just hear faint music coming from it so knew they wouldn’t hear me if I screamed and I was terrified he’d pull me into the allotments. I was frozen with fear but tried to break free but couldn’t, he was so much bigger than me. My friend was shouting “what are you doing get off her” he told her to shut up and said he would only go if I gave him my number and meet him the next day. I said yes and he told my friend to get her phone out. Luckily she thought fast and said it was dead. So then he told me to get my phone out so i said I couldn’t because his arm was blocking my pocket. He pulled his arm away and I went to run he grabbed me back in the same position but this time put his hand over my mouth and started to move backwards with me. My friend started screaming and then said she’d run inside the pub and tell everyone in there what was happening if he didn’t let go. Thank god he did and we ran so fast. I can still remember how hard my heart was beating. I dread to think what could have happened if my friend wasn’t there or if we weren’t right near the pub.
Years later when I was about 17 me and my friends were in a taxi on the way to town for a night out. I was sat in the middle in the back and my two friends sat each side. He was really creepy and kept staring at me in the mirror and asking if I had a boyfriend and if I was looking for someone to take home. Then he started joking about “ other” payment options. We just half laughed and said no thanks mate! The taxi stopped where we asked him to and both my friends jumped out while I handed him some cash they both closed their doors, each thinking I was getting out the other side and with that he started driving so I shouted “ Oi” at him and threw the money down on the front seat in case he didn’t realise I was still in the cab but then he sped up and I heard the locks click. I grabbed the door handle, it was locked. My friends were screaming and running after the car. Luckily a policeman was walking around the corner and heard my friends screaming so he came running round realised I was in this car heading towards him so he jumped in the middle of the road and held his hands up and luckily he stopped and unlocked the doors and I shot out. All happened within less than a minute but it was horrendous. He tried to say that I’d refused to pay and he was driving me to the police station but when the police saw the state I was in and my friends plus the cash I’d thrown in the front seat they knew instantly he was lying. Some absolutely deranged bastards out there. I dread my children being older and going out with friends.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
What the hell is wrong with men 🤬🤬 this thread gives me a horrible knot in my tummy when I read all your ordeals 😰

Reactions: 24
What the hell is wrong with men 🤬🤬 this thread gives me a horrible knot in my tummy when I read all your ordeals 😰
Sick fucks aren’t they! It’s horrific what some people have been through and how it changes them ☹ It’s turned me into a nutter...ever since, If a bloke has overstepped the mark (and sadly they have) they soon wish they hadn’t. Makes me so sad for the ladies that go into themselves ☹

Reactions: 9
One of the weirdest experiences I had was a few years back. I'm in my early thirties and had a horrible bike accident where I broke my arm and shoulder. So I go to A and E and this bloke, in his 40s makes a bee line for me! Honestly I feel like tit and trying not to throw up with my right side hanging off me.
He initially says do you want a wheelchair so you don't have to stand and I was like thanks.
He then starts chatting me up! I was like duck off! But he then takes the wheel chair and starts moving me to another part of A and E!
The nurse asked if we were together and I said no and she could tell he was a weirdo.
In the meantime I get triaged etc
This creepy bloke says he's in hospital with his sick dad who he wheeled over to the corner so he can sidle up to me.
I continue to feel uncomfortable but ignore him and get called for X ray.

When I come out of hospital I make a conscious effort to make sure I don't see this creep.....women are not even safe in hospital.

Got home and my friend came over to help me and I told her about the creep from A and E. With that he pings up on Facebook and has messaged me. To put in to context I'm harder to find as I use my middle name and my surname is a odd, unusual spelling but this creep has found me!!!! I don't know how.

He starts messaging me and I had to get the police involved. To this day I'm still fuming. I was so unwell and vulnerable. My dad reckoned he probably hung around A and E pretending to have an Ill dad so he could stalk women.

What a vile fucker

Just to add. He must've heard my name being called for X ray and taken hours to find me on Facebook due to my unusual surname spelling

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Ok so my story doesn’t involve me but my friend at the time. When I were around 14. We were a small of group of 4 best friends and I used to stay at one of their houses almost literally everyday. We went to the same school and would walk together in the morning etc. We were very close and my mum was best friends with her mum. Anyway. One night, another friend was staying over and I decided to stay at home ( I can’t remember why because I loved staying there) They stayed up until early morning watching films. My friend told me that the door opened slightly then slammed shut. Not thinking too much of it they carried on watching the film. The next thing she said was she and her friend felt someone pushing there back forward. Strange. They ran to bed scared. Fast forward to a few weeks later and my friend began acting really strange. She would sit on the edge of chairs swaying front and back and kept telling her mum that something is trying to get her. She said a black figure was standing in her room at night and pointing at her. There was a song she used to listen to all the time and Everytime she played it something would happen. She because almost delusional (if that’s the right word) Me and my other friends were told that we need to stay away for a little while until she got better. (Her mum was an atheist and didn’t believe in anything spiritual at all) she Just told people her daughter was ‘unwell’ After months of her getting worse she finally convinced her mum that she needed to see a spiritualist. Who referred her to a priest. The priest came and had to cleanse the whole house almost like a mini exorcism. Things calmed down after that. At least they said. When I was finally allowed back round her house, we were told not to mention a word of this and act as though it never happened. Me and my friend were sat in her bedroom and I was asking if she was ok. He mum overheard and said she is fine and everything will be ok now. Just as she said it I looked to my left and the bathroom light switch (the one that hangs down that you have to pull) was in the middle of the air as if someone was holding it up at the end. I had a strange feeling that something was still there and basically saying to me yeah I’m just here in the background still. Strange. When I mention this to my family they say they don’t remember anything like that, that ever happened. I messaged her brother not to long ago and he confirmed that this did happen but his mum wouldn’t tell him anymore. I never understood why that happened to my friend and why I wasn’t there that day. And also why I wasn’t affected. The only thing I can think of is that my friend and her brothers used to play ouija boards as a kid ( I was never involved as I said it was dangerous ) also I have been christened and she hasn’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sorry that is long winded but that’s my story. I’m 32 now and still gives me shudders!!
p.s I am not Religious by any means

• Wow
Reactions: 17