What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was the first thing that came to my mind and it still makes me feel sick when I think about it. I must’ve been about 8 and it was back when everyone used MSN, I’d go straight in from school and chat to my friends. One night I got home and I had a friend/message request from someone I didn’t know, my mum was usually pretty strict about watching what I was doing on the computer but for some reason that evening she wasn’t watching me. I added the person thinking I must’ve known then, they started talking away and asked how I old I was. They then asked me to go onto a web cam call with them and they’d bring ‘naked dolls’ for me and that I should be naked too. Even at that age I knew that wasn’t right I blocked them right away and felt sick. I was too scared to tell my mum at the time I thought I’d have got in trouble for adding someone I didn’t know, now I wish I had said something because who knows how many other children they targeted
I’m 28 now but I grew up coming home to MSN for hours on end after school. My parents were strict to but when I was about 15 I got my own laptop so could use it whenever and on my own.
I used to get random men add me to, and I remember meeting some on Habbo Hotel & MySpace/Bebo. They would always request cam and I would always decline - I was naive and super shy - but they would always go on there cam, and I can’t tell you how many would be sat there naked and wanking.
it’s horrific now when I think back but this was so common back then, well round where I live it seemed to be anyway. Most girls I knew had experienced similar. I think we found it funny rather than scary back in the day but now it disgusts me.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I think I was 14. It was the first time I caught the bus to meet a friend, we were planning to go to the gym and I was to meet her at her house as the gym was only a road over. Normally, my parents dropped me off everywhere but I was adamant to take the bus as all my friends did at that age and I always used to have to leave early or be hanging around well after everyone left waiting for my lift.

I had got off the bus and hadn't realised, a man had also followed me off. I had never gone to this friends house before so I had no idea which one it was and was walking slowly on the quiet street with my earphones in, looking at all the door numbers when I realised he was following me. When he realised I knew, he laughed and attempted talking to me, even trying to touch my arm/shoulders. I remember telling him to leave me alone which only spurred him on. At this point, he was walking side by side, getting closer each time. I had no idea what to do, I was absolutely petrified and eventually ran away from him and he bleeping started chasing me, laughing manically as if he was enjoying my terror. I remember grappling with my phone trying to call my friend for help but she wasn't answering. He must have eventually stopped chasing me and I eventually saw a couple walking down the road and bless them, I must have looked scared shitless because they asked if I was okay. By this time, the man had seemingly disappeared. I told them someone was following me and in this time, the man also resurfaced. Didn't care I was with two other people and continued to follow us, it wasn't until the stranger threatened him bodily harm that the man eventually pissed off as the couple didn't want me going in to my friends house if the guy was looking as he could lay in wait for us. The strangers were so lovely and even helped find my friends house with me. Every time I drive past that road now, I never see anyone walking there and always think I lucky I was to have come across that couple.

We never did go to the gym and I never told my parents either. But I'm always hyper-vigilant now to the point where if even a car is following me for "too long", I'll pull over and wait till they've drove on. I always plan out my routes well in advance and check addresses on street view before going anywhere. It really left a lasting impact on me and I never did get on a bus again either. My parents were absolutely sick of giving me lifts by the time I was 17! Think they cried when I got a car!

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I made an account purely to share this. I’ve never ever spoken about it before but after reading almost all of these stories I feel like I can/should.

So when I was at uni (200 miles from home) I house shared with 5 others in a huge Victorian house (rooms very spaced apart)

I’d met a guy online on a dating app (I can’t remember the name but around the time of plenty of fish) I think It was a pink and blue coloured app?! Anyway.

We met up and went for something to eat, it was REALLY muggy and hot and I remember he wasn’t very attractive in the heat (just didn’t fancy him but whatever)
Anyway after we had food he said I want to go to the cinema and this parts a bit of a blur because I don’t really remember how or why we didn’t end up going but it got really late really fast. I wonder looking back did he spike my drink or something because I just can’t really make anything out from the evening after the food?!

It got to like 1 am (I think) and public transport had stopped or became really slowed (1 bus an hour) so he suggested a taxi home for me. He said he’d ride with me then I could jump out and he’d take it home and pay the whole thing. I went with it.

When we got to mine he just got out! I was kind of embarrassed to say anything (I was 19) and he was a fair bit older I’d say maybe 28-33 and was so sure of himself. Because he’d paid I just didn’t say anything - I felt stupid. He came inside and said ‘is there a sofa I can stay on? It’s so late’ I said yeah and then he asked if he could shower first because it was so muggy and hot. I said yeah. I just gave him a towel, showed him the sofa downstairs and asked him to be quiet because others lived there.

I remember going up to my room and I could hear him showering then it turned off and about 10 minuets later a little knock on my door. He just came in (no locks - sadly)
This WHOLE next part is a blur. Could have only been 5 minuets and he was ontop of me. I remember he was only in pants and his penis was so hard, in a scary way.. and he didn’t get it out it was just pushing through the material in his boxers really aggressively. He started pushing it almost inside me (with the boxers still on) and kept saying ‘I know you want it’ ‘I know how much you want it’ I felt so bleeping embarrassed. I remember thinking how much I wanted the girl who’s room was down the hall to just wake up and come in but I felt I couldn’t scream I couldn’t even make a noise tbh.

He eventually went all the way and it was over in seconds.

He just rolled over and went to sleep.
Won’t go into detail about the rest but I’m kind of only realising now... about 9 years later. That was rape.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Gosh I’m so sorry to read about all of these harrowing experiences you have all faced.

I had a scary experience when I was about 10-12 years old. I was at the local playing field with my school friend and my younger sister. We were right in the middle of this field playing with a frizzbee (or similar) when we were approached by this old guy. I remember thinking it was weird that he was there in the middle of a field alone, no dog etc. He asked us where the nearest public toilet was. We told him is was about 5 minutes walk away.
He replied ‘well I can’t wait that long, if I go right here will you hold ‘it’ for me?’. I remember glancing down and seeing him unzipping his trousers and I immediately started backing away and told my friend and sister to do the same.
Luckily for us a guy was walking his dog in the field and saw us talking to the ild
Bloke and must have thought it was weird. He also must have clocked us backing away and looking scared and ran over and confronted the guy who quickly ran towards his car that still had the engine running and the back doors wide open 😱.
Revolting creep.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Sunflower that was rape. Please report it if you can, as he’s a predator and has almost certainly done it to others as well,

Reactions: 14
I’m so sorry for everyone here who experienced all these horrific things. Makes me so angry that men do this stuff and get away with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sunflower that was rape. Please report it if you can, as he’s a predator and has almost certainly done it to others as well,
I wouldn’t even know the date, where he lives, he could be anywhere in the world now. Like I said it was almost 10 years ago. I don’t even know his full name! Please don’t make me feel bad

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I wouldn’t even know the date, where he lives, he could be anywhere in the world now. Like I said it was almost 10 years ago. I don’t even know his full name! Please don’t make me feel bad
Don’t feel bad you did nothing wrong. It does take years to realise things that happened to us were not right. We block stuff out because it’s too hard.
Please don’t beat yourself up and thank you for sharing your story.
To all of the people on this thread that have shared their experiences I think you are brave and I wish you had not had to go through what you did. You are all survivors ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Don’t feel bad lovely. I’m so sorry this happened to you. But never feel bad. X

This story I’ve always felt like isn’t that bad but I guess in hind sight it probably is.
I was 14 and met a guy on MySpace? I think. We chatted and chatted and he decided to come and visit me. He was from up north and I lived down south at the time. He was also 14 and I have no reason to believe any different - he didn’t look or seen older when I met him.
my parents were super strict, so I lied and said I was staying at a friends but in reality I slept rough in a local towns gardens with him.
I remember waking up around 3am and this old man was stood in front of me, he started to touch my boobs and I was frightened, the guy I was with wouldn’t wake up at first and when he did the man went but it terrified me. I made us move and walk for hours to get away. Doesn’t seem half as bad as any of yours but it’s stuck with me for years.

• Wow
  • Sad
You did absolutely nothing wrong at all. And you've been really brave opening up on here. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad.

What I meant was it’s unlikely you are the only person he’s done to it to. Men like that rarely do these things as a one off.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've had moments of unwanted attention from men before (not even strictly creepy but definitely out to make me uncomfortable) but I had my first real scare at the end of last year.
It was election night so me and some uni friends were watching the coverage together (mostly politics students) after a gig we'd gone to - however, after an hour or so, I was feeling kinda uncomfortable in my gig clothes since they weren't v. comfy and it was really warm in the room we were watching it (especially with a few of us there). Since I lived near enough by, I decided I'd go home, get changed and I'd pick up food on the way back while the others got food delivered. On my way back, I was walking down a usually lively city centre street except it was pretty deserted since it was about 1-2AM so clubs nearby hadn't quite come out. I had my headphones on (over-ear ones) but I felt someone come up beside me from behind and say something so I slyly paused my music. Given the time and place, I was expecting it to be the usual person asking for a cigarette/light or trying to find taxi ranks, etc. Except the guy next to me instead started asking me questions like where I was going? What was my name? Why was I alone? 😬
Even though I had nothing except 'Sorry?', I started straight up ignoring him then, making it seem like I was still listening to my music and that I couldn't hear him. He kept following me and asking why I was ignoring him. He told me his name was Tomasz (or another variant of Thomas) and that he lived nearby so I should come back to his 😬 I noticed as I kept walking, I was getting pushed closer to the wall on the pedestrianised street which I still think we delibrate so I was panicking but tried to keep calm. Luckily as he tried to put his arm round me, I quickly cut in front of him and darted into McDonald's (my original destination). Never felt so glad to see the golden arches 🙈

When I was inside, I let my friends know what had happened while I waited for my food since I couldn't shake the feeling he was waiting outside. I mentioned it to the security guy there too since there were a few drunk lassies inside and I worried he'd follow them 😕 He said he couldn't if he was outside but he'd keep an eye if he came in so I explained what happened. As I soon as mentioned the name Thomas, the security lad (about early twenties) asked if he was an older guy. I said he was older than me and the guy started laughing, saying it might have been his dad because sometimes he hung about and was harmless (like? 🤨) - just instantly dismissed it, joking. Quickly shut up when I told him that "Well, this guy was black in his late twenties to thirties, so if that is your dad, I'd have a word with him about following lassies home." 🤷

Lucky my guy friends came and formed a wee protective wall around me but I still felt quite shaken since even though I'm vigilant, I usually feel pretty invisible at night. Especially since it was after I'd taken off my glittery clothes and make-up, etc - I couldn't have looked more unassuming if I'd tried and I still felt targeted 😕

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I had just moved 250 miles to a town up north and started seeing a lad on my street. Anyway I was walking upstairs, the bathroom is straight up, I saw my boyfriend at the time (black tracksuit, shaved back and sides, generic clothes every lad wore at the time) he walked and sidestep into the bathroom behind the door. I thought NOTHING of it at all until I went to my bedroom and he was flat out asleep in there. It was in the middle of the day and screamed theres a man in the house, no one was there...

... I knew that the previous tenant had hung himself on the stairs after not coming terms to his mothers sudden death who also died in the back bedroom. Apparently this lad who died was always mistaken for my boyfriend from behind when alive. I have many more creepies but this is what first spring to my mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Also another one involving my poor little dog - a tiny Bishon. Runt of the litter and half the size of what they grow to. Anyway I went for a walk with my dogs and my kids and their mates through the local nature spot. My dogs jumped into the river, my shar pei puppy I dragged out straight away as she was near the bank drowning with the weight of her wrinkles. My Bishon was being sucked away with the current so I had to swim out and get her and she kept going further and I kept losing sight of her as she was so small, I managed to get her and nearly risked my own life doing so. Anyway forward literally 5 minutes later a large mastiff type dog off its lead charged over, tore her to pieces and disembowled her. Her insides were hanging out I had to take my top off and wrap it round her, it broke my heart, she was still alive and had to be put to sleep. The day itself had a very eerie feel to it and it was almost like final destination for my poor dog. It was also VERY out of character for my dogs to just jump into water they never did that, it felt like they knew what was coming 😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Also another one involving my poor little dog - a tiny Bishon. Runt of the litter and half the size of what they grow to. Anyway I went for a walk with my dogs and my kids and their mates through the local nature spot. My dogs jumped into the river, my shar pei puppy I dragged out straight away as she was near the bank drowning with the weight of her wrinkles. My Bishon was being sucked away with the current so I had to swim out and get her and she kept going further and I kept losing sight of her as she was so small, I managed to get her and nearly risked my own life doing so. Anyway forward literally 5 minutes later a large mastiff type dog off its lead charged over, tore her to pieces and disembowled her. Her insides were hanging out I had to take my top off and wrap it round her, it broke my heart, she was still alive and had to be put to sleep. The day itself had a very eerie feel to it and it was almost like final destination for my poor dog. It was also VERY out of character for my dogs to just jump into water they never did that, it felt like they knew what was coming 😥
I'm so sorry about your dog :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had just moved 250 miles to a town up north and started seeing a lad on my street. Anyway I was walking upstairs, the bathroom is straight up, I saw my boyfriend at the time (black tracksuit, shaved back and sides, generic clothes every lad wore at the time) he walked and sidestep into the bathroom behind the door. I thought NOTHING of it at all until I went to my bedroom and he was flat out asleep in there. It was in the middle of the day and screamed theres a man in the house, no one was there...

... I knew that the previous tenant had hung himself on the stairs after not coming terms to his mothers sudden death who also died in the back bedroom. Apparently this lad who died was always mistaken for my boyfriend from behind when alive. I have many more creepies but this is what first spring to my mind.
I loved this story, please share any others you have. I like how the ghost looked modern for a change instead of the stereotypical old Victorian fashioned ghosts lol. Sorry to hear about your poor dog
🐶🐕❤

Reactions: 2
Doesn’t top others in this thread but still the creepiest thing thats ever happened to me:

Last year I got my first car and went to a 24hr Asda in a sketchy area with my friend to buy late night snacks. I needed petrol too. As I drove into the petrol station there was a white van sitting at the entrance (not at the pumps) with its lights off. It was 1am so the station was deserted, no workers or anything. The van starts its engine pulls into the pump behind me, even though there are others free. It was my first time ever putting petrol into a car, and I took a few minutes to figure it out. A middle aged man got out the van and approached me, asking if I needed help. I just laughed and said that I was fine, thank you. As he gets nearer to my car he leans over to look inside the passenger window and says “Oh good, you have a friend with you so I dont look like a creep”. I laughed awkwardly and he went back to his van.

Needless to say I sped away from the station with my tail in between my legs. I’ll never do that again so late at night. Maybe it wasn’t anything, but all the creepy things together has caused me to think about it a lot. I often wonder what would have happened if my friend wasn’t there....

• Wow
Reactions: 12
when I was 16 I was on a night out in London , for a friends sisters 21st . Looking back now I don’t no why a 21 year old would allow her 16 YO sister and pal to tag along but anyway .. think we were there to make up numbers .. being from the north we had no idea where we were going etc so got taxis from our hotel to a club which we had a VIP area , the night ended and we all got split up .. some going for food — others going on to different clubs — me and my pal decided to call it a night and go back to our hotel — well it was about 2am so couldn’t get a taxi (and it was before the days of having phones with maps on them) so we asked some “local sounding” lads if they had any idea where our hotel was — they did and said they would walk us there — I had took my heels of by this point and was walking bare foot — so one of the guys offered to carry me! So he picked me up and I was on his front arms around his neck and legs around his hips — he maybe carried me for 2 minutes before he put his fingers inside me—!! I froze in fear — didn’t say anything or do anything let him continue then after a few minutes I shouted at him to put me down and we would find our own way back — being so young I felt so stupid — we did find our way back but still to this day my best friend has no idea why I stopped them from walking us back — so young and naive

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
What comes out of this thread is what utter creeps some older men can be towards younger women. Men have no idea what it’s like to be a young woman putting up with this tit day after day and being held responsible for men’s disgusting behaviour.

Reactions: 23
When I was in my mid-20s I was living in London and I met some friends for beer garden drinks one weekend afternoon. We finished pretty early so at 6ish I was walking near Abbey Road and a car was parked with a man in it and a man next to it reading a map. Didn't think anything of it, went to pass map reader on pavement and he said 'excuse me'. I thought he was asking for directions and stopped, he then grabbed my arm and tried to force me in to the car. I was so shocked and confused that brute force took over and i physically pushed him really hard - luckily I'm pretty tall and quite strong and he stumbled backwards. At that very moment a young couple turned the corner, realised what was happening and raced over and the guy dived into the car and he sped off. I often stop and wonder what would have hapened if they hadn't turned the corner at that very moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 18