What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that’s the one. Corey.
never been found. The theory is he ended up
In the bin and then crushed to death. And the refuse company didn’t declare the weight of the bin properly, either by error or as some sort of fiddle, but it’s never been proven and they searched the landfill and found nothing, but it was so long after was unlikely they’d find anything. No other explanation for how he got out. It was all covered by cctv. Just wish they could get an answer, no matter what it is
Corrie McKeague. I have no idea why but his story really touched me. I think about him often and hope one day his family get answers. I’ve studied his case in depth and it’s such a mystery. I don’t believe he got in the bin personally.

I was on a night out with a friend seeing these strippers. It was in a posh, five star hotel. The show ended and I literally went to grab my bag and this random man came running over and grabbed my hand and said ‘ I’ve got a surprise for you.’ I hate those words. I was dragged off, my friend confused ran after him and he took me to a back room, pushed me in and locked the door and there was the guy from the show. He literally didn’t even ask my name, just jumped on me, pushed me against a wall, started kissing me and groping me. I just froze. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t push him off, I didn’t say no. I was absolutely shellshocked. I could hear my friend shouting and banging on the door ‘ let her out ‘ and the other man saying ‘ let them have some fun.’ I couldn’t even answer her. My friend knocked the door down and barged in, screaming ‘what are you doing!’ We just ran. I left my bag and coat. Then broke down in the car. I never reported it. I dread to think how many other women he’d done that too. I became angry, withdrawn, depressed. I’d literally go out to a bar and if I guy so much as spoke to me or my friends I’d loose my tit. I knew it was wrong but I saw every man as a potential rapist. Thankfully the friend talked me into getting a councillor and that literally saved me.
It happened twenty years ago and I’m ‘ok’ now but don’t walk anywhere at night alone, can’t have people walking behind me at all, the tinest little thing can spook me. It changed me forever. I see the world much more scarily now. It’s made me a very protective mother to my five year old son too.

Paranormal wise - hubby and I had stayed at a spa hotel that’s also a stately home where we’d stayed about five times before but because it was two days after our wedding we got the best suite in the ‘ old house’ or grand hall.
That night I woke in the middle of night saying ‘ there’s something above me.’ My husband turned the light on and convinced me it was a dream. He’s a total non-believer but said shall we leave the tv and light on if that makes you feel better to which I said yes. I could definitely feel a presence in the room but know how much I freak myself out so we finally managed to get back to sleep.
The following morning my non-believer husband said ‘ there was something in that room. I felt it too and if we weren’t changing rooms today I would be asking for one. I didn’t want to say anything last night because you were already so scared.’
I asked him to describe how he felt and it was the exact same as me.
We asked at reception a while later and they confirmed they get a lot of people saying they hear or see or feel things, they confirmed they definitely had spirits hanging around but there was nothing malevolent so not to worry.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Just remembered one
my uncle did patrols years ago at York uni
well around that time a young student teacher had just started (she may have been on a placement or something)
somehow she met a male student there and went on a date with him
he ended up murdering her-while covered in her blood he swapped his clothes for hers-and went to the student bar to get plastered-nobody batted an eyelid!
(police where looking for him all over the city-and he was pissed in the bar)
turned out,my uncle had been walking past as it happened and noticed nothing odd-I wouldn’t walk down there at all after dark-I don’t care who’s with me
such a waste of life,bless her-I think he ended up in a mental hospital as he had loads of mental issues
(I may have got a few facts wrong-I heard about it from my dad at the time)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oooh it looks like a lovely place is there ever any mention of anything about her it seemed to me like she was just forgotten about do you have any theory’s about what may have happened xx
No theory’s from me - but I had family that lived in box hill at the time. They were dodgy as hell, so much so that we steered well clear of visiting. Sometimes my mind wanders and I think if they had anything to do with it.. but there were a lot of strange people on that hill!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
First of all I will say that I don't know what I believe in, I'm pretty open minded to everything really. But this freaked me out so much!
I used to babysit for a rich family that lived in a barn conversion. I'd sleep over on the sofa. They had a disney clock on the wall that used to make a ridiculous noise every hour and some Disney character pop out the front...every hour. Anyway. The clock woke me up, I was lying on my back, up near the very high ceiling was a grey girl floating, like she was in water, her hair all splayed round her head. I did the usual thing of closing my eyes and opening them again to see if I was dreaming...she was still there. Freaked me out so much but because I'm so polite I didn't get up and scream the house down I just forced my eyes shut and didn't look again until it got light! Never forgot that. Would have been about 18 years ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Now I have read through all the thread will also say that I've been raped before by someone who seemed really nice and even apologised after and told me he'd done it before and got in trouble for it so if I told anyone he would go to prison...i stupidly didn't.
Then when I was in salou with my family, must have only been 13, a bartender at the hotel dragged me into the toilet and started kissing me and got his willy out and tried to make me touch him. Luckily my dad was looking for me and I heard him shouting my name outside the door which made him tit his pants and let me go.

I am appalled at all these stories I've just read. Men are bleeping predators.
My partner doesn't trust anybody. If someone is nice, I automatically like them, but my partner always says DO NOT trust anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
When I was 19 I was walking home alone at about 9.30 pm in a dress and cardigan- was about April time and it was only just getting dark. As I’m getting close to my flat, I hear an accented voice shout “woman!” up the street to get someone’s attention, I thought “how rude to address someone as woman” but just brushed it off as I didn’t think it was directed at me.
Anyway, I get up the stairs to my flat on the first floor and on the landing I got the craziest, strongest gut instinct telling me “get inside NOW.” I think I must’ve heard the tiniest sound at the bottom of the stairs perhaps that triggered it, but I am a total believer in trusting your subconscious now! (Our stairwell did not have an entry system, it was open to the street- would never live somewhere without secure entry ever again.) After frantically digging out my keys from my bag, I unlock the door and get inside and the next thing I know, a man is frantically hammering on the door and letterbox, before trying the handle to get in! My heart was pounding and he left after he realised the door was locked.
My male flatmate gets home later and I tell him the story, I think he thought I was slightly exaggerating but he calmed me down anyways, and I eventually settled enough to get into bed about two hours later. When the knocking started again! My flatmate opens the door (me hiding) and the man starts apologising profusely “sorry, sorry, I’m sorry”. Whatever he wanted, my male flatmate obviously scared him. In some ways I wish I’d opened the door myself with flat mate hiding to find out what he really wanted but I was terrified!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
ThIs thread is so interesting but also so sad that so many women have had predatory encounters from men. 😰

• Sad
Reactions: 20
This thread makes me so sad. Thank you to all of you who have shared your rape stories. I wish I was brave enough to share my own.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Don’t know if “creepy” but for some reason when I was 13-16 I attracted numerous paedophiles online. No clue how they used to find me on MSN.

Anyway, two lived super close to me but one closer than the other. I was 14 and he was 25 when he somehow convinced me to meet him and go to his flat where he raped me.

I didn’t see it as rape at the time and being 14 and not having many friends (they had started leaving me out of everything after my grandfather died which had hit me hard anyway since we were really close) and thinking I was ugly as I’d never even spoken to a boy (went to an all girls school) let alone kissed one, I was actually grateful for the attention and to be called pretty 🤢

Mentioned to the other man who lived near me who was in his late 40s that I’d lost my virginity. He was really shocked and angry with me about it, even telling me that he was in Tesco when I told him and my message telling him I’d had sex had made him drop a tin he was holding. He’d never once made the conversation between us sexual until then, other than calling me pretty etc. But then he threatened to report it to the police (the irony) unless I touched myself on webcam to him. I thought I’d get into trouble for sleeping with the other man so agreed. Luckily while on webcam I forced myself to cry and look sad and he didn’t force me to do it.

I realised a few years later that I was raped by the first man, maybe when I was around 18 and it took me a while to deal with it. But literally only about two days ago when I was thinking about the older man did I realise he had groomed me far more “cleverly” by never speaking sexually, but the fact he was so shocked when I lost my virginity shows he was planning on it eventually himself I think. And for some reason that creeps me out more and has been playing on my mind for days even though I managed to stop speaking to him pretty quickly after the webcam thing.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Oh and another one..

A police officer/investigator turned up at my house one day, saying that he was part of an investigation into a man who was British but working in Dubai who was messaging young girls here and attempting to meet them when he was coming back.

They’d arrested him on his way back into the U.K. and seized his phone and were attempting to contact any girls he’d spoken to.

They’d found photos of me on his phone (not sexual, but ones off my social media. The one I got shown was just me sat on my bed in a twilight t shirt) and had somehow worked out my name and address and wanted to know if the man had ever spoken to me and if I’d be willing to make a statement as they were trying to get it to court.

I’d never heard of the man or spoken to him, and had no clue why he’d have saved the photos of me to his phone

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I was talking to my husband about this thread last night and basically slagging off men. He told me he was was sexually assaulted by two girls at secondary school which is why he will always be protective of our son and there was a female teacher who used to groom the boys in a weird way by telling their parents they needed extra help and ending up offering private tuition at home. Seems so obvious, I'm not sure how she got away with it!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
About 10 years ago, I was walking home from work. It was about 5.30pm in December so dark. It was a cut through route out of the city centre so plenty of cars. It was about a half an hour walk and I always phoned my mum on the way home. I lived 160 miles away from her. I was chatting away and all of a sudden, I felt something warm on my hand. I was being mugged. I instantly remembered what my dad has always told me. If you are ever attacked, just scream and kick them in the balls. I couldn’t kick him but my god did I scream. My mum said the phone went dead and she couldn’t call me back. I let go of the phone and just screamed and screamed. A taxi pulled in and tried to chase the t**t but he couldn’t. He came over and tried to calm me down. He phoned my mum and drove me home. He gave me his card and said if I need anything to call him. Police didn’t care. I now just think, we’ll done. You stole a pink phone with a crack down the screen and the ring tone was ‘turn my swag on’.
Another time I was home alone watching tv in my room and there was a knock at the door. It was about 10pm. Strange I thought. Then it went again. So I got up to look out of the window and I saw a man walking round the back of the house. I called my dad and his words were ‘what are you phoning me for? I’m 160 miles away, phone the fu*king police!’ So I did and as I did, I turned the landing light on. Apparently this deterred him and he ran off. 999 were amazing and stayed on the phone until the police turned up. They were a matter of minutes. They caught him butt said they couldn’t do anything as he didn’t actually enter the house.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
No theory’s from me - but I had family that lived in box hill at the time. They were dodgy as hell, so much so that we steered well clear of visiting. Sometimes my mind wanders and I think if they had anything to do with it.. but there were a lot of strange people on that hill!!
That’s crazy do they still live there no one from that village really talks about it and her dad seems to have just forgotten about her it’s so bizzare!! Why do you think they might have had something to do with!! Xx

That’s crazy do they still live there no one from that village really talks about it and her dad seems to have just forgotten about her it’s so bizzare!! Why do you think they might have had something to do with!! Xx
I’m sure they didn’t, there’s weirdos everywhere as this thread shows - just gives me the heebiejeebies thinking about it

Reactions: 4
I have a couple

first of there was a boy in school who didn’t speak much English but always have me a weird vibe, he was always asking me to be his girlfriend which I would reply no and once he put his finger across his neck in a slicing motion and said he was going to kill me; few years later he was arrested for conspiracy to rape and fled the country

Second I had gone on a night out with my friends Ihad just turned 18 and had way too much to drink I managed to lose my friend and the next bit is a bit hazy but for some reason I agreed to go back to this mans house so I got into a taxi with 3 men but once we got to their house I didn’t wanna go in and they were trying to make me and in the end the taxi driver told them to leave me alone and somehow I made it home okay - I’m sure that taxi driver saved me from something horrifying that night the men could clearly see I was out of it

Lastly I was walking through a top part of an Asda car park and this car kept coming in and out in and out and when me any my friend got closer he was playing with himself, we were so shocked but just walked home fast. It was the middle of the day!! We ended up ringing the police as it’s right next to a children’s park -Asda cctv has him going in and out of the car park at least 20 times and he got arrested and put on the sex offenders register

Also just to add I now have an 11 month old Daughter it’s so worrying bringing her up with all this going on 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Obviously everything in reading on here is shocking. But I honestly can't beleive the store didn't ban him ... even before you set the alarm off. Surely for him to upset you that much and managers noticing his strange behaviour would of warranted a ban. It's despicable that a huge company would allow that to carry on.

This thread leaves me with no words.
Agreed, it seemed as though they put profit before people.

Reactions: 3
This was the first thing that came to my mind and it still makes me feel sick when I think about it. I must’ve been about 8 and it was back when everyone used MSN, I’d go straight in from school and chat to my friends. One night I got home and I had a friend/message request from someone I didn’t know, my mum was usually pretty strict about watching what I was doing on the computer but for some reason that evening she wasn’t watching me. I added the person thinking I must’ve known then, they started talking away and asked how I old I was. They then asked me to go onto a web cam call with them and they’d bring ‘naked dolls’ for me and that I should be naked too. Even at that age I knew that wasn’t right I blocked them right away and felt sick. I was too scared to tell my mum at the time I thought I’d have got in trouble for adding someone I didn’t know, now I wish I had said something because who knows how many other children they targeted

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13