What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry that happened to you and sounds quite scary, but could I please recommend you consider your words in future? Just because someone is a bit "not right" as you say doesn't mean they're autistic and vice versa. A freak can be that way just because, they don't need to have a condition to be so and flippant comments like that can be quite damaging.

I actually am autistic and was assaulted by a freak in front of all his mates just because he thought he could get away with it since I was quiet! Nothing wrong with him, he was just a disgusting pervert.

Either way, hope you're doing a lot better now.

-------------

So carrying on from my last post, full story:
I wasn’t intending to be rude or cause offence to anyone however this man DOES have something wrong with him, he displayed a lot of autistic traits and I was also told by a colleague who briefly knew his parents that he was slightly autistic. I’m by no means blaming his actions on being autistic - I was just trying to include all the details of his personality so people could try and and picture what this guy is like. Nor am I saying anyone else with Austism is a pervert. I apologise if I caused offence but that honestly wasn’t what was intended.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I wasn’t intending to be rude or cause offence to anyone however this man DOES have something wrong with him, he displayed a lot of autistic traits and I was also told by a colleague who briefly knew his parents that he was slightly autistic. I’m by no means blaming his actions on being autistic - I was just trying to include all the details of his personality so people could try and and picture what this guy is like. Nor am I saying anyone else with Austism is a pervert. I apologise if I caused offence but that honestly wasn’t what was intended.
I know it probably wasn't what you intended, just trying to make you consider your words a little more since I work at a group with autistic people and they've had some bad reactions from people due to that type of thing being said and others not knowing better that not all people are like that and been bullied or harassed for being "different". By the way you can't be slightly autistic - not possible. Either an are or aren't situation. Perhaps he had some learning problem? Doesn't matter anyway, whatever he might or might not had his behaviour was unacceptable.

Mod - do not attempt to moderate the thread, report or ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I know it probably wasn't what you intended, just trying to make you consider your words a little more since I work at a group with autistic people and they've had some bad reactions from people due to that type of thing being said and others not knowing better that not all people are like that and been bullied or harassed for being "different". By the way you can't be slightly autistic - not possible. Either an are or aren't situation. Perhaps he had some learning problem? Doesn't matter anyway, whatever he might or might not had his behaviour was unacceptable.
You are just nitpicking she went through an horrendous experience and she can describe it whatever way she wants. Imagine you are 17 and in that situation how would you describe it?

• Heart
Reactions: 84
You are just nitpicking she went through an horrendous experience and she can describe it whatever way she wants. Imagine you are 17 and in that situation how would you describe it?
Agreed. I think too many people are way too sensitive over the word ‘autism’. I’m sure it’s difficult however people shouldn’t have to walk around on eggshells around the word.

Reactions: 54
I was also about to say this, the original post was written in a very articulate manner - no need for the condescending tone... "just trying to make you consider your words a little more". The original poster never meant any malice to those with autism... no requirement to be so pertinent.

Reactions: 55
Shortgirl did not set out to cause offence. However, 'a bit autistic' would be offensive to an autistic person. I actually thought that when I first read it.

It's not about walking on eggshells, we've all said shortgirl didn't mean it in that way but it doesnt mean it shouldn't be pulled up.

Reactions: 22
I don’t know what else I can do other than apologise. I didn’t mean to cause offence to other people, however would you call someone else out for describing a blonde person as being blonde? I didn’t mean to cause offence and I apologise to anyone who has taken it offensively but all I can say is if you knew this man you would understand.

Reading back my original post, yes I see how that could be taken offensively and I should have worded it a lot better. I’m sorry to anyone who I have offended, I will in future think about how I am trying to put my point across.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t know what else I can do other than apologise. I didn’t mean to cause offence to other people, however would you call someone else out for describing a blonde person as being blonde? I didn’t mean to cause offence and I apologise to anyone who has taken it offensively but all I can say is if you knew this man you would understand.
Most of us knew what you meant. I think it was taken way out of context. You’re dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t with things like autism I think.

Well done for sharing your story here. It must have been awful.

Reactions: 37
By no means am I trying to be ignorant, I don’t have much knowledge on the subject, however I always thought that Autism had spectrums -please correct me if I’m wrong. What I should have said is that during the time I knew him he displayed many autistic traits and I would describe him as being high-functioning and he would definitely be somewhere on the autistic spectrum. Like I said before - I am not blaming his behaviour on this I was just trying to give a description of what this man was like in general so that people could picture him. I apologise and I shouldn’t have included that. I don’t know for sure that he had it as he never told me himself, but as I said I heard off a colleague who knew his parents that he was autistic. This colleague tried to use this as a way to justify his behaviour however like I’ve said, he knew full well what he was doing and has nothing to do with whether he has or hasn’t got autism. It was such a small comment I made I honestly wasn’t meaning it in a rude/disrespectful way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Reading back my original post, yes I see how that could be taken offensively and I should have worded it a lot better. I’m sorry to anyone who I have offended, I will in future think about how I am trying to put my point across.
i also would like to thank you for sharing your story it took a lot of courage to get through that ordeal. I can say the wrong words sometimes to describe a situation but you did it very articulately for one so young. Stay strong x

Reactions: 20
Wheb my friend and I were 16 we walked from her dads flat to the cinema, it was 5 minute walk if that. It was summer and about 5pm so still light.
We walked across this car park and I noticed this guy walking behind us but thought nothing of it, he then suddenly appeared beside me. He walked round me and stood infront of my friend who said 'can I help you?' and he just leant in as if to kiss her. We both ran, ive never ran so fast in my life. Luckily there was a group of men round the corner and they could see our terror and this guy chasing us so they surrounded him and told us to run which we did. My friend phoned her dad who came to pick us up and he then rang the police.
The police came and found the guy on top of another women with her boyfriend trying to pull him off.

We gave statements to the police and I had weeks of nightmares over it. Ive managed to block it out and im hoping that writing this isnt going to bring it all back. We were meant to go to court for a trial over this, we looked round the court ect and the morning of the trial they phoned and cancelled it saying we were too young to stand. We were both 17 at this point.

I dont know what happened to the guy. I know he was a uni student, he wasnt english and apparently tried to tell the police he didnt speak any English. Sadly I couldnt even tell you what he looked like to this day, its amazing the details your mind can erase.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
The stories on this thread have made my skin crawl... also having thought back over my last 30-odd years it’s made me realise I have some fucked up things in my past that I have completely normalised and dismissed like they’re nothing including serious sexual assault. It’s scary that men being this way towards women has been allowed to go unchecked for such a long time.

Reactions: 24
After reading this thread I actually don't know where to begin. Sadly, there are a few times that things have happened to me, I know now looking back that they were not right and if I question myself, actually, I knew they were not right back then when it happened, in school, we had a Science teacher who had MS and was in a wheelchair, very often in class he would just fall asleep. Those in the class who wanted to learn carried on studying and those who had no interest just took that as an opportunity to act out. Sadly I was sat next to those boys who were acting out and no matter how many times I told them to leave me out of it they never did, One day they were really really loud, shouting, swearing and just being idoits and one of them (Who I kinda knew outside school, but not very well) took an opportunity to lung at me and before I knew what was happening his hands were down my trousers and underwear. the desks we had in Science were really tall off the ground and due to all the havoc that was being caused nobody really seen what he was doing. I was trying frantically to stop him but I was also in shock. another teacher came into the room and that's when he backed off but sadly none of that ends there.

I would sad over the course of the next year and leading into the summer I had made new friends from school and would meet up with them to hand out - we had 2 primary schools where we stayed so there were girls I befriended from the other school and these boys all came from the other primary school too and they lived near her, anyway, we all decided that we were going to camp out one night and not tell our parents - not that mine would have really cared or noticed I wasn't there anyway but as the night drew in a lot of the girls decided to head home as it was cold and they were tired ect ect but by this point it was around 3am and I didn't fancy going home to a drunken mum and her partner arguing and fighting so I decided to stay out and head home as soon as it was light. Staying out was the lesser of 2 evils, or so I thought but I was very wrong. I never ever speak of this and I have never told ANYONE but that night I was raped by not one but two of them.

I felt so dirty, ashamed, hated myself and just confused and that it was my fault (please do not reply to me and say it wasn't, I know people mean well but this has been buried for 20 years and after I finish this I wont go there in my head again)

When school started up the boys were in a lot of my classes, they had other friends and all of them would call me names relentlessly, they would write things about me in local bus stops and make my life hell. Some teachers did catch on and tried to help but I just denied it ever happened until one day, they had wrote all over the bus stop about me at the back of my house and "the mother" seen it, next thing I knew I was pulled out of class and questioned, again I said it wasn't true - they were saying I was a slag, I sleep about with everyone ect - when I got home "the mother" belted my up and down the house for the longest time and I was made to show her I was on my period so she knew I wasn't pregnant. There was no TLC from "the mother" ever and she didn't even want to hear anything from me, as far as she was concerned it was all true.

By this time, it was almost the next years summer holidays. I had became really withdrawn from everyone and everything and never wanted to go out, see friends, do anything, my best friend was an N64 in my room my dad had bought me! So, "the mother" decided she needed a break from me and I was going to stay with my dads friends for a few weeks.

She had never set eyes on them as her and mum dad were split up but they were an older couple from where my dad has a caravan, lets call them Pat & Derek, Pat drinks like a fish, I loved going there for bad reasons...Pat allowed me to drink and smoke and if she ever ran out she would jump in the car with me and go get more.....off her face, Derek was a fair bit older than Pat and always seamed really nice at the caravan, they had a daughter a couple of years older than me but she was already living on her own with a baby. Once night after Pat went off to bed drunk, Derek came over to where I was sitting on their sofa and put him hand on my knee and started to move it up, again I froze for a few seconds but quickly said I wasn't feeling well and needed to go to bed too. I can remember shaking like a leaf all the way to the room. Pat & Derek also didn't share a bedroom btw and the room that he slept was next to mine. I remember sitting on the bed clutching my mobile(they had just came out) and wondering who I could call....given that I wasn't close with any of my friends anymore and the way "the mother" was with me I quickly realised I had nobody to call. plus, I was around 3 hours drive away from anyone that I knew. After that night Derek always tried to get me on my own but I stuck to Pats side at all time until it was time to go home and never ever went back!!

Fast forward to when I was 16, I had moved out of the house at 15 as "the mother" didn't want me there, wasn't getting any money for me and wasn't happy I chose to go to college instead of getting a full time job to pay my way and my part time job only covered my travel expenses to and from college. I was dating at 18 year old guy who I ended up living with (and his parents) I then moved away to live with my aunt, I got a job in an office as a jr and one day my mobile rang, A number I didn't know and it was Derek!!!asking me what I was wearing, if it was sexy, would I come meet him sometime. I quickly ended the call and never answered it again after.

I think since then I have always struggled with sex, it makes me feel like I am dirty and causes issues in my relationship and my partner has no idea about any of this, I just keep it all locked away. Sorry this was a long one but that to me was the most terrifying part of my life and I thought it was never going to end

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
After reading this thread I actually don't know where to begin. Sadly, there are a few times that things have happened to me, I know now looking back that they were not right and if I question myself, actually, I knew they were not right back then when it happened, in school, we had a Science teacher who had MS and was in a wheelchair, very often in class he would just fall asleep. Those in the class who wanted to learn carried on studying and those who had no interest just took that as an opportunity to act out. Sadly I was sat next to those boys who were acting out and no matter how many times I told them to leave me out of it they never did, One day they were really really loud, shouting, swearing and just being idoits and one of them (Who I kinda knew outside school, but not very well) took an opportunity to lung at me and before I knew what was happening his hands were down my trousers and underwear. the desks we had in Science were really tall off the ground and due to all the havoc that was being caused nobody really seen what he was doing. I was trying frantically to stop him but I was also in shock. another teacher came into the room and that's when he backed off but sadly none of that ends there.

I would sad over the course of the next year and leading into the summer I had made new friends from school and would meet up with them to hand out - we had 2 primary schools where we stayed so there were girls I befriended from the other school and these boys all came from the other primary school too and they lived near her, anyway, we all decided that we were going to camp out one night and not tell our parents - not that mine would have really cared or noticed I wasn't there anyway but as the night drew in a lot of the girls decided to head home as it was cold and they were tired ect ect but by this point it was around 3am and I didn't fancy going home to a drunken mum and her partner arguing and fighting so I decided to stay out and head home as soon as it was light. Staying out was the lesser of 2 evils, or so I thought but I was very wrong. I never ever speak of this and I have never told ANYONE but that night I was raped by not one but two of them.

I felt so dirty, ashamed, hated myself and just confused and that it was my fault (please do not reply to me and say it wasn't, I know people mean well but this has been buried for 20 years and after I finish this I wont go there in my head again)

When school started up the boys were in a lot of my classes, they had other friends and all of them would call me names relentlessly, they would write things about me in local bus stops and make my life hell. Some teachers did catch on and tried to help but I just denied it ever happened until one day, they had wrote all over the bus stop about me at the back of my house and "the mother" seen it, next thing I knew I was pulled out of class and questioned, again I said it wasn't true - they were saying I was a slag, I sleep about with everyone ect - when I got home "the mother" belted my up and down the house for the longest time and I was made to show her I was on my period so she knew I wasn't pregnant. There was no TLC from "the mother" ever and she didn't even want to hear anything from me, as far as she was concerned it was all true.

By this time, it was almost the next years summer holidays. I had became really withdrawn from everyone and everything and never wanted to go out, see friends, do anything, my best friend was an N64 in my room my dad had bought me! So, "the mother" decided she needed a break from me and I was going to stay with my dads friends for a few weeks.

She had never set eyes on them as her and mum dad were split up but they were an older couple from where my dad has a caravan, lets call them Pat & Derek, Pat drinks like a fish, I loved going there for bad reasons...Pat allowed me to drink and smoke and if she ever ran out she would jump in the car with me and go get more.....off her face, Derek was a fair bit older than Pat and always seamed really nice at the caravan, they had a daughter a couple of years older than me but she was already living on her own with a baby. Once night after Pat went off to bed drunk, Derek came over to where I was sitting on their sofa and put him hand on my knee and started to move it up, again I froze for a few seconds but quickly said I wasn't feeling well and needed to go to bed too. I can remember shaking like a leaf all the way to the room. Pat & Derek also didn't share a bedroom btw and the room that he slept was next to mine. I remember sitting on the bed clutching my mobile(they had just came out) and wondering who I could call....given that I wasn't close with any of my friends anymore and the way "the mother" was with me I quickly realised I had nobody to call. plus, I was around 3 hours drive away from anyone that I knew. After that night Derek always tried to get me on my own but I stuck to Pats side at all time until it was time to go home and never ever went back!!

Fast forward to when I was 16, I had moved out of the house at 15 as "the mother" didn't want me there, wasn't getting any money for me and wasn't happy I chose to go to college instead of getting a full time job to pay my way and my part time job only covered my travel expenses to and from college. I was dating at 18 year old guy who I ended up living with (and his parents) I then moved away to live with my aunt, I got a job in an office as a jr and one day my mobile rang, A number I didn't know and it was Derek!!!asking me what I was wearing, if it was sexy, would I come meet him sometime. I quickly ended the call and never answered it again after.

I think since then I have always struggled with sex, it makes me feel like I am dirty and causes issues in my relationship and my partner has no idea about any of this, I just keep it all locked away. Sorry this was a long one but that to me was the most terrifying part of my life and I thought it was never going to end
This is utterly heartbreaking. I hope you can find some way to heal from the trauma you've been through, thank you for sharing. X

Reactions: 12

So sorry you went through that.

This is utterly heartbreaking. I hope you can find some way to heal from the trauma you've been through, thank you for sharing. X

thank you, I look at it as a different life, I am now 33, have zero contact with my "mother" dad or brother and never go back to where it all happened. I did try counselling but it wasn't for me, brought back far too much. I tell myself that everything I had and achieved in life I have done on my own and there are a lot of others in the world who have been through more, thank you for reading...in a way it helped me to type it all out xx

So sorry you went through that.
thank you, its in the past, I have moed on with my life as much as I can. I didn't let it shape me as a person xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks for these replies, some people are actually terrifying.

I read the story on Mumsnet where the woman was at uni and saw a dark patch on her friend's bed and then found out the room the dark patch was in had been burgled and she reckoned she saw the burglar.

There are some good true stories on LetsNotMeet on Reddit. One story over in America about how a woman was on the phone to her boyfriend about to get in the shower and drops her phone by under her bed, she looks down and sees a man hiding under it and pretends not to have seen it so she goes in the bathroom and climbs out of her bathroom window. The police come to see the man waiting outside of the bathroom door with a knife in his hand.

There's a really creepy true story from the north of England off of Let'sNotMeet where a woman is followed home. I can't copy and paste as the story is too long but it's worth a read.

Oh I remember reading this account. By far, the most terrifying story ever. I could picture it all and it genuinely freaked me out for years after.

Reactions: 5
Just before my 17th birthday I started working at Tesco on the checkouts, it was my first job and I was loving it. About a week after I had this man came through my checkout, quite tall, (but then again I am only 4’11 so everyone is tall to me) and I wouldn’t say he was fat but he was quite stocky he had strong arms but a bit of a belly, I would say he was maybe late 30’s early 40’s? He also kinda seemed not right if that makes sense? Maybe a but autistic.. Anyway he came through my checkout and started chatting to me saying he hadn’t seen me in here before and asking when I had started, I just thought he was a friendly customer so chatted back to him, he paid for his shopping and left. Every week when he came in I noticed that he would ALWAYS come through my checkout but before he would come through he would walk around the aisles next to my till for about 45 minutes to an an hour and every time I would look up he would be staring at me and then would quickly look back at the shelves. A couple months later it was my 17th birthday so I had booked the weekend off work so that I could do something with my friends. When I came back to work he did his usual wait until my checkout line was empty and there was nobody around and then he came over (he would always have a basket but would only have like maximum of 5 items but would always be in the shop well over an hour) and so I started scanning his items and he said to me “I came in to see you because I had something to show you but you weren’t here, but then I remembered it was your birthday so that’s probably why you weren’t here” this immediately sent alarm bells going off because I had never told this man when my birthday was or that I had even had any time off - I never gave out anything personal to any customers! So I was like how tf did he know it was my birthday and it really creeped me out. Only then he went “so how old are you now? 17?” And again I was like wtf because yes in theory I did look my age and he was probably just guessing but I had never told him how old I was! Anyway after this I started noticing him come in more and more frequently, now multiple times a week and always staring at me from aisles and always coming through my checkout, so I mentioned it to some of the older women on the checkouts and this one woman said she had noticed it too and to be careful. Anyway, it then got to the point where he was coming in multiple times a day and coming through my checkout and being really weird, he said to me the once “You live on (insert name of my road) don’t you?” And I was immediately really freaked out because I often would walk to and from work usually at night as well after I finished shifts at 10pm and I started thinking what if he follows me or watches me walk home what if he’s planning to do something, so i panicked and was like “no that’s not my house that’s my uncles house” and he went “no it isn’t, I see you go in and out all the time” and I went “yeah I visit my cousins a lot” and he went “I know it’s your house” and laughed. This really freaked me out because I had never seen him outside Tesco so how did he know where I lived, he had obviously been watching me. So after this I ended up telling some of the shift runners who told me to just ignore it and that he’s a weirdo and to just be polite but don’t talk to him (which is what I tried to do anyway!) so the next day he then comes in and says to me he stopped his car to let me cross the road but I didn’t see him so he waved at me but he doesn’t think I saw him, again I was like wtf why is he stopping his car and waving at me! So again mentioned to the team leaders that I didn’t want to serve him and he was really creeping me out. A lot of people on the checkouts had also noticed how he was and always kept an eye out when he came through my checkout. The one time this woman came through my checkout and was buying some holiday clothes and she was telling me how she was going away the week after so was buying some new bikinis for the beach, after she left he then came through my checkout and said “Oh I thought you were going to put one of those bikinis on and model it, you’d make a good swimwear model” this comment literally made my skin crawl and I panicked, I didn’t want to serve him anymore so I pressed my security button on the till and my manager came running over and I got up and said “I need to go to the toilet” and I ran off. I went into the toilet and I was shaking and crying because I was just so disgusted, he was really scaring me. So when I came out my manager was waiting for me and asked what was going on and why did I press my security button when I was only going to the toilet, and I broke down to him again crying and told him everything that had been going on. He told me not to worry and they wouldn’t let him come through my checkout and they could ban him if they needed to. After this he then continued to come in multiple times a day and whenever he came in my manager would always clock him and would hover around my checkout to scare him off, only the one day he tried to come through my checkout even though my manager was standing there and my manager said to him “excuse me sir can I move you to this empty checkout, we’re just trying to reduce queues” and he looked my manager dead in the face and went “no I’m fine here” and my manager went “no you need to move to this checkout” so he reluctantly moved to a few checkouts over, but as soon as my manager turned around and walked off, he then pretty much ran out of the queue and back down an aisle, he waited until my line was empty and again tried to come through only as he was unloading his basket my manager came over and was like “oh Wendy needs your help with the cashing up can you go give her a hand” and so my manager jumped on the checkout and I walked off to one of the shift runners who said to me “it’s okay we know what he’s doing, don’t worry” but the guy looked so pissed! Anyway every time he came into the store, before he was done shopping the shift runners would come and take me off the till and give me little jobs like going and putting stuff back on the shelves but you bet he would be there following me around the store, the one time I was emptying all the bins from underneath the checkouts and he came over to me and said hello, I ignored him and carried on moving up the checkouts, he followed me up and went “are you avoiding me??” And I ignored him and he went “IM TALKING TO YOU” and the tone in his voice scared the life out of me. I ignored him and walked off. He then put in a complaint about me to the main desk and said I shouldn’t be so rude to customers. This man was honestly the most obsessive man I had ever come across, soon after this I got a new job and left Tesco without telling any of my colleagues where I was going in fear they would accidentally tell him and he came into that place to stalk me. I also out he was a care taker at a secondary school, it really scares me and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he does this to young girls at the school. I’m expecting one day to turn on the TV or read in the papers that he’s a serial killer or something! But I always dread to think what would have happened to me if I didn’t leave.
This is so scary! I’m so sorry you had to go through all of this. Horrible how you were just being friendly and doing your job at the start and then he got creepy and obsessive like that!! :(

Reactions: 4
The creepiest things that have happened to me have not been real. If I'm suffering particularly bad with anxiety I can imagine things happening and they appear to me as a real life situation but now I understand it's just my mind playing tricks but I've seen witches coming up the stairs, I've had someone pulling at my legs when I'm in bed, I've had aliens visit me, I was convinced once that the Blair witch was after me and she used to wait for my husband to go to sleep before she would get me. I've never told anyone about this but have read up about it recently and it's called psychosis. I've even hidden from my phone ringing before as I was sure it was someone coming to 'get me'.

In actual real life I've had creepy things happen with men (typical) such as one got in my car and forced me to drive him home. And I had a man in morrisons kept following me and pushing his trolley into the back of me or walking past the other way and brushing past my arm. I was panicking wondering whether to tell a shop assistant but didnt know what to say so I just left asap.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Many moons ago we where on holiday in the uk

mum,dad,me and my 3 brothers

I had my own room while my parents and my brothers shared a room (one double bed,a single and bunk beds)

anyway my parents wanted to go to the pub which was about a 20 minute walk away

the b&m owners said they’d babysit (I.e check on us every half hour or so-ear to the door kind of set up-we didn’t know they’d gone anywhere,we thought they where downstairs at the bar)

anyway they got back around 11pm and before they went into their room my dad went for his ’last wee before bedtime’ (my mother’s words) in the lav down the hallway and she went into their unlocked room

to find a random woman in their bed!

from what I can gather my mother just stood there and said

‘what the hell do you think your doing in my bed and why are you smoking around my kids?’

the woman just got out of bed said ‘sorry wrong room’ and left

never even entered their heads that the lads where in any danger or even to phone the police!

they where more bothered about their bedding smelling of smoke!

they just got into bed and went to sleep!

(it came out later that this woman hadnt got the wrong room-she wasn’t even staying there!)

when I went on holiday years later with my own kids they didn’t leave my side-and no way would I have left them with such a daft arrangement with anyone-we went with my mate and her kids in two caravans and I refused (like she did) to even nip for two minutes to her caravan while the kids where asleep

a few years after that maddie McCann went missing and I still shudder to think what could have happened

• Wow