What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found this particularly creepy last night
we went to sleep in the dark as per normal then
I woke up at about 1.30am and our two bedroom lamps and the living room lamp and main light were on 🫣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
My family were gathered at my mum's deathbed in hospital. We were miles from home and getting quite deranged with lack of sleep.
Then suddenly my brother stood up and said "right we're going home". I didn't question this in my trance-like state, like I would do normally, so we went home and another relative decided to start the long drive home to see to their children. There was one person left behind.
A short while after I got home the phone rang - it was the hospital to say mum had died.
I went round to my brother's to tell him in person. He was lying on the bed looking stunned and when I walked in, he said "I know, she's just been here". "She gave me a hug". 😳😲
I asked him later why he'd been so insistent that we go home from the hospital. He said it was like an order. Someone telling him to go home.
A few weeks later something got in my bed behind me. I'm sure it was mum.
I think mum decided who she wanted by her side when she died. Someone who she didn't see much of and didn't want them to feel left out. So they got the honour of being there when she died.
A palliative care nurse once told me that people can be very private about dying and want to do it alone, possibly not to distress their loved ones. She said they hold on while others are around them but once their loved one pops out to get something, go to the loo etc. they quietly slip away.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A palliative care nurse once told me that people can be very private about dying and want to do it alone, possibly not to distress their loved ones. She said they hold on while others are around them but once their loved one pops out to get something, go to the loo etc. they quietly slip away.
I was told similar by a nurse a long time ago. My friend was in hospital very ill. The doctor called us out to advise us there was nothing they could do and he was end of life. When we went back into his room his breathing was funny and a nurse told us this was it. Then his breathing became normal again and we were still sat with him 12 hours later in the early hours of the morning. A nurse came in and said she had been doing the job for a long time and whilst some people would hang on waiting for their loved ones to arrive some would hang on waiting for them to leave as they didn’t want to go with them there and upset them. He was very selfless and never wanted to bother anyone so his sister and I decided to leave to give him the chance to die alone if that was what he wanted. It started raining and he used to like to sit outside in the rain in the night so I told him this was his chance to go. I also told him that if he was still there by 8am I was coming back and he would be stuck with me. A hour or after I left his sister called to say he was gone. I felt glad that the nurse had told us that and we gave him the space that he wanted so he went on his own terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My mum did that. Popped away in the five minutes that the care home overnight nurse spent dealing with another resident. The nurse was doing her paperwork while sitting with Mum, with no indication whatsoever that she was close to the end.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
On my nan's last day, we were all with her til 4.30, and she passed at 5pm with just my grandpa there

• Heart
Reactions: 9
On my nan's last day, we were all with her til 4.30, and she passed at 5pm with just my grandpa there
Strangely with us discussing this particular subject, but I'm currently reading a recommended book by a neurosurgeon (Eben Alexander), called Map of Heaven, which has deathbed stories in it like ours.
One I recognised straight away, which happened to my brother between Mum dying and us getting the phone call (he got a hug from Mum) and he said he just knew she had died.
Here's the blurb on the back. I presume it's popular as I've waited a while for it from the library. 🤔
IMG_20240216_145019.jpg

Reactions: 9
I was told similar by a nurse a long time ago. My friend was in hospital very ill. The doctor called us out to advise us there was nothing they could do and he was end of life. When we went back into his room his breathing was funny and a nurse told us this was it. Then his breathing became normal again and we were still sat with him 12 hours later in the early hours of the morning. A nurse came in and said she had been doing the job for a long time and whilst some people would hang on waiting for their loved ones to arrive some would hang on waiting for them to leave as they didn’t want to go with them there and upset them. He was very selfless and never wanted to bother anyone so his sister and I decided to leave to give him the chance to die alone if that was what he wanted. It started raining and he used to like to sit outside in the rain in the night so I told him this was his chance to go. I also told him that if he was still there by 8am I was coming back and he would be stuck with me. A hour or after I left his sister called to say he was gone. I felt glad that the nurse had told us that and we gave him the space that he wanted so he went on his own terms.
There is something so beautiful and peaceful about this.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There is something so beautiful and peaceful about this.
As soon as the nurse said what she said I just knew that was who he was and what he wanted. It was hard because his sister and I both felt awful going and wanted to be there at the end. It wasn’t about us though, it was about him. He was very into music and this was before iPods and the like so they wouldn’t let a cd player in without it being PAT tested. I went and bought a load of batteries so he could listen to his favourite music. He died far too young, it was only fitting that he was able to go listening to his favourite music, with the sound of the rain outside, on his own as he wanted.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m sorry I just don’t get it. She’s so heavy on the ‘we love each other’ like sorry but it’s not right or normal to say that after a break up. She’s making it very difficult for either of them to move on by saying tit like that
Are you on the right thread?

This isn’t creepy or scary, but it is weird and it happened 2 days ago.

Husband is known to be a very scatty sod and loses hus phone and/or keys at least twice a week. So often I no longer even help him look because it’s so annoying.

Husband and I went into a service station to buy pastries, he paid using his phone. We got back to the car, decided to eat the pastries outside the car to save on mess inside. But he opens the door for me so I can sit inside eating out, while he eats standing outside. Just as I finished, I spot his phone in the middle of the dashboard. So I said ‘I can’t believe you left your phone on full view AGAIN!’

‘Oh phew , there it is’, he says from outside the car. Then we realised he paid with it in the service station. He hadn’t got into the car with me. We are baffled. At the time he said ‘something weird just happened, did it?’

• Wow
Reactions: 23
This isn’t the creepiest thing that’s ever happened to me but I think about it every time I go into town now.

Was in my local town with my boyfriend last year, we aren’t from the area originally so don’t know our way around fully yet. We were looking for a shop so I put it into google maps which tried to send us up this really long narrow street/alley as a short cut which had some dodgy looking blokes hanging around the entrance to it. Boyfriend was like ‘duck that you’ll get your phone nicked’.

What I was looking at though was further up the alley where it crossed with another was what looked like a woman in full Victorian dress just stood there, definitely not for the stage it was all really dark and dowdy full length long sleeve dress with a shawl and this was summer and t shirt weather, it was a really bright day so even though the alley was in the shade I know what I saw! So weird, boyfriend thought I was nuts when I tried to tell him 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I love this. My friend just lost her mum to cancer, she died at home and my friend was sleeping downstairs when it happened. She was really upset that her mum was alone. But maybe that is why.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is not creepy more comforting but after my nan passed away in hospital one of my cousins and her son went to see her, as they entered the room she was in my cousins son asked her who the lady was standing by her bed (the room was empty) when she went out and saw my aunt my cousin described who her son had seen turns out it was nans mum I guess she had come for her it brings me comfort that she had her mum with her at the end 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 17