What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This story popped in to my head recently after talking about my grandparents
Growing up my nan lived in a small village between a town and a city it was fairly rural surrounded by farmland, they would regularly walk through the fields to and from school or out playing
It was fairly close to an airbase too so they were used to aircraft flying over
One day during ww2 she would have been about 7 or 8 years old her and her siblings were walking across the fields home when in the distance they heard a German plane coming they knew that had to get to shelter and started running across the fields, as it approached they could hear it constantly firing at everything in sight before they knew it the plane was over head she said it was flying so low they could actually see the crew inside
Still out in the middle of nowhere they had no where to hide gripped with fear the all held hands and closed their eyes waiting for the inevitable, when suddenly the plane gathered speed and flew right over them and off in to the distance realising they had a very lucky escape they bolted for home hearing the guns firing in the distance as they ran
They found out later on that German plane had fired at everything they passed and the gunshots they heard as they ran away were the next field of cows being shot
She still maintained until the day she died the only reason they were spared as the plane flew over them was because the planes guns must has ceased up
Maybe or maybe they just couldnt shoot at innocent kids who knows, it still sends a shiver down my spine when I think about it though
I'd like to think they couldn't shoot at kids, but it probably wasn't that. Thanks for sharing your nans story, it made me shiver too! Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'd like to think they couldn't shoot at kids, but it probably wasn't that. Thanks for sharing your nans story, it made me shiver too! Xxx
It might have been. I mean they weren't really trying to kill individuals, more destroy infrastructure. At least in theory, but then they were Nazis so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
It might have been. I mean they weren't really trying to kill individuals, more destroy infrastructure. At least in theory, but then they were Nazis so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'd like to think they didn't want to kill children, but when you see how evil man can be then I do wonder sometimes. I'd like to think these were the good ones. An amazing story though.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
1. I was 17 and at college. My dad was due to pick me up in the usual side street but I was early. A man in a big 4x4 with tinted windows suddenly pulled up next to me and started chatting to me. He said he owned a local dance and acting academy and I’d be perfect for it. I accepted a business card from him after his insistence but said I wasn’t interested…he curb crawled me and kept harassing me to get in his car until my dad turned up.

2. I was 20 and had been out with friends and was pretty drunk. I’d bumped into two boys I know - one I knew well and the other I really liked but didn’t know as well. They invited me to a party after the clubs closed and I went along. I was surprised there were only two men in their late 20s/early 30s at the party and they were Polish, having recently moved to the area. I used their loo and suddenly heard a banging on the door. When I opened it, my friend was there exclaiming that we needed to leave, quickly. The two men had asked the boys to leave their flat and leave me behind. They had taken two kitchen knives out of a drawer and laid them on the side as they delivered this request. My friend - to his credit - did not leave and made sure I got out of there safely.

3. I woke up from general anaesthetic at a private hospital to see a man - presumably a porter/junior member of staff - standing in the doorway, watching me, smiling and eventually laughing at my confusion. He had no reason to be there and I wasn’t sure what he had done while I was unconscious. He probably didn’t do a thing but it was unnerving.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
It sadly does seem unlikely Belfield committed the Russell killings. I have recorded a series about that, but I don't have the strength to watch it yet. I feel a tie with Josie Russell as I wrote and drew a book for her after the attack. I got the loveliest letter back from her dad; I still have it.

Anyway. I have just caught up with this thread and feel such despair and sadness at what everyone who posted has gone through. There are so many little ones I wish I could put my arms around (and big ones, too). Thank you all for sharing your stories. Even if the only people you've told are those on this board, you have shown great courage.

I am extraordinarily lucky in that not very many unpleasant things have happened to me. The worst didn't even affect me; when I was at middle school we had an English teacher who I really liked. He was very charismatic and funny but he could get cross and one thing we used to joke about was that if you were naughty you got locked in his store cupboard. He left school very suddenly after one year and it turned out he'd been allowing children to have underage sex at his house. That was bad enough but about 4 years ago he was uncovered as one of the UK's most polific paedophiles and had abused boys at our school. He had raped one repeatedly in his store cupboard. These boys bravely told the police a few years ago and he was locked away having been found in Thailand abusing children there. When I found out I cried and cried for those boys and all they had gone through. It makes me feel sick.

For a bit of light relief: the other thing that happened was I parked in a local beauty spot one evening. Shortly afterwards another car parked next to me. This annoyed me so I moved further away. Then a second car turned up and parked next to me. I thought they were drug-dealers who wanted to scare me away so I decided not to move ON PRINCIPLE. I had an MP3 player attached to a tape deck in my car (it was an old car!); I was listening to it, but dropped it and turned my interior light on to find the player - then turned it off again. At which point one of the cars next to me reversed and flashed its lights at me! I nearly died of fright. Then another car appeared so there were 4 of us all in a row sitting there like lemons so I decided I'd leave the drug dealers to it and I moved into a side car park, but then one of the cars followed me. I lost my nerve and sped off down the hill. At the bottom of the hill was a kid on one of those stupid scooter things which makes an infuriating noise; when I moved off he followed and kept up close behind me. I had had enough by this point so I slowed down until he was right up behind me, then braked and squirted him with windscreen washer. He wobbled about on his scooter then pissed off. I was livid and drove back into town then rang my friend to tell him I was going to report the drug dealers to the police. My friend fell about laughing and told me that they were doggers, and I had been giving off signals by moving my car and turning my lights on and off! Apparently I had been parked in a "hot dogging spot" but I am pleased that they gate it off at night so you can't go dogging up there any longer.
---

I really needed to read this story. It made me laugh out loud!
Reminds me of when I just started driving years ago, going along the road and cars kept flashing there lights at me as they drove past. I pulled up at a parking layby and got out to check car etc. The policeman in the police car that was also there came over to ask if everything was ok. When I explained cars kept flashing at me he laughed and told me they were warning me about the police car being there! I was so thick when younger 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ok so this isnt the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me but it was very creepy.

I go gym super early (5am) usually when i leave our road is quite, like normal Sleep time quite but can hear general nature sounds

The other day i came out of my house and it was DEATHLY quite like NO sound, nothing. No wind in tree’s etc. i got so freaked out, i thought i had gone deaf.

Was telling my husband, he was like you should have just come back inside

Anyone ever had this?

Reactions: 15
this isnt that creepy but def strange and unexplained .About a year and a half ago i was up doing a night feed about 3am with my baby.His bedroom door was open and behind that door is the bathroom door which was also open.There was a sudden huge flash of pure white light which filled the entire room ,it lasted only a second and it was too bright to have been someone with a torch or a car .Bathroom
backs onto our garden ,no roads nearby at the back.A few moments later i went into my bedroom and when i looked out of my window there were three extremely white lights in the sky just floating but they were lower than where stars would be and quite close together .Suddenly one dropped but remained close to the others and then all 3 began to slightly move and then they dissapeared after about 5 minutes of just hovering .I couldnt take my eyes of them ,even woke my partner to look too .

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Ok so this isnt the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me but it was very creepy.

I go gym super early (5am) usually when i leave our road is quite, like normal Sleep time quite but can hear general nature sounds

The other day i came out of my house and it was DEATHLY quite like NO sound, nothing. No wind in tree’s etc. i got so freaked out, i thought i had gone deaf.

Anyone ever had this?
This reminds me of one winter quite a few years ago it had rained heavily then frozen over the top it was a Saturday so quiet at around 7am anyway
I was walking to work and the only sound was the tree branches squeaking together in the breeze it sounded like pvc being scrunched it was a weird feeling

Reactions: 6
This reminds me of one winter quite a few years ago it had rained heavily then frozen over the top it was a Saturday so quiet at around 7am anyway
I was walking to work and the only sound was the tree branches squeaking together in the breeze it sounded like pvc being scrunched it was a weird feeling
Yes this happened to me once when walking the dog in a wood. It all went very, very quiet and still. Only sound was our footsteps on the leaf litter.

Felt like the wood didn’t want us there, but I didn’t feel threatened, just a bit watched and resented 😂

Reactions: 14

Anyone ever had this?
It’s a bit like when there’s a total eclipse of the sun and the birds all go quiet, the wind drops and everything feels almost muffled it’s so still and quiet. Eerie

Reactions: 18
It’s a bit like when there’s a total eclipse of the sun and the birds all go quiet, the wind drops and everything feels almost muffled it’s so still and quiet. Eerie
Yeh thats how it felt. Like everything had jusy bene sucked out in that moment

Reactions: 7
We live in the countryside so lucky when it is a clear night to see the stars
My husband and me were outside one hot summers night and we saw three lights in the sky which we initially thought were three stars
Then they started moving way too fast to be an airplane or satellite
They zig zagged through the sky and each of them moved rapidly like zipping through the sky and then dancing with each other
They independently (of each other) moved moving up, down, across in a very stunted way so not fluid in their movement but then moving really seamlessly if that makes sense!
im 40, my husband is 48 we’re used to seeing stars and planes but this was bizarre and went on for a good 5 minutes

on a side note we are approx 30 mins drive from Rendelshem Forrest

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Years ago when my brother was a young teenager and very much into aliens and extraterrestrial movies, he told me that he would write messages to other planets/beings on his bedroom window at night, by using the window’s condensation/fog. One night he did this again, and asked for a sign that the messages were being received - he said that immediately after this, the whole sky lit up in a bright white light for a few seconds. Apparently he ran back into bed, hid under the covers, and never tried this again.

Eejit. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The creepiest thing that I’ve ever experienced was living in a haunted house
I never ever believed in things like this until I moved in.
At first I would put it down to my imagination or misunderstanding but after months the situation got so bad I had to leave during the night.
There is some creepy tit no one understands.
I would see shadow people (and months later my house mate confessed she saw ‘ppl’ ghosts, shadows of people without me promoting her).

at 9pm without fail you would hear kids laughing and running up and down the landing. Initially I thought it was our neighbours and it was only months later it occurred to me they didn’t have kids

taps all over the house would turn on. I was in the house alone and heard the Bath running thinking it was my housemate but the taps didn’t stop so I went to investigate and saw the Bath over flowing and realising I’d been home alone all along.
The the sink in our toilet turned itself on.
The Bath and toilet were separate and the taps were turned as far as they could so it flooded the toilet.

at the top of the stairs I always felt like some one was watching me and wanted to push me down them.

objects would go missing(to the point I was so frustrated) and then appear ten minutes later after looking everywhere in the middle of the room on the floor or on the table when nothing else was on the table/floor

The radio would turn itself off.
If you told the house I want XYZ back it would then appear within a couple of minutes

weirdly our cat loved the house so this gave me comfort.
And I just want to say the feelings and the things happened during the middle of the day, not at night.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
The creepiest thing that I’ve ever experienced was living in a haunted house
I never ever believed in things like this until I moved in.
At first I would put it down to my imagination or misunderstanding but after months the situation got so bad I had to leave during the night.
There is some creepy tit no one understands.
I would see shadow people (and months later my house mate confessed she saw ‘ppl’ ghosts, shadows of people without me promoting her).

at 9pm without fail you would hear kids laughing and running up and down the landing. Initially I thought it was our neighbours and it was only months later it occurred to me they didn’t have kids

taps all over the house would turn on. I was in the house alone and heard the Bath running thinking it was my housemate but the taps didn’t stop so I went to investigate and saw the Bath over flowing and realising I’d been home alone all along.
The the sink in our toilet turned itself on.
The Bath and toilet were separate and the taps were turned as far as they could so it flooded the toilet.

at the top of the stairs I always felt like some one was watching me and wanted to push me down them.

objects would go missing(to the point I was so frustrated) and then appear ten minutes later after looking everywhere in the middle of the room on the floor or on the table when nothing else was on the table/floor

The radio would turn itself off.
If you told the house I want XYZ back it would then appear within a couple of minutes

weirdly our cat loved the house so this gave me comfort.
And I just want to say the feelings and the things happened during the middle of the day, not at night.
That is crazy and so interesting. 😮 Was it an old house and did you know anything about its history?

That is crazy and so interesting. 😮 Was it an old house and did you know anything about its history?
It was Edwardian, classic terrace house. When we looked around there was no sense of a bad atmosphere. I tried to look into the history but found nothing (maybe I should have a dig around again)
Our landlady was wonderful and lived on the street
I was always too shy to ask if any other tenants had experienced anything weird.
I didn’t want to come across as a weirdo
---
But the weirdest part happened the night I left the house….

It was Edwardian, classic terrace house. When we looked around there was no sense of a bad atmosphere. I tried to look into the history but found nothing (maybe I should have a dig around again)
Our landlady was wonderful and lived on the street
I was always too shy to ask if any other tenants had experienced anything weird.
I didn’t want to come across as a weirdo
---
But the weirdest part happened the night I left the house….
That’s fascinating. 🤩

Oh please do tell! 🙏

Reactions: 1
I live in a city and that night I was home alone and things started moving.
I was so frightened I ran out of the house and jumped in my car
It was only 9pm and the streets were empty and no where was open
It was so odd because I remember it being a Friday night and no one was around, nothing open and it’s an established city
My mum even said try and find a priest
So I drove around refusing to go home until my house mate came home
I decided to park up in a car park next to one of those prefab buildings which I didn’t really take notice of until I saw a light was on and I saw it was a spiritualist church
Side note ….I am not religious in any way
By this time it was gone 11pm so pretty late especially for anyone to be in a church but I was so frightened and so in need of human company I felt drawn to knock on their door.
And they welcomed me in (almost like they were waiting for me)
There were about six people, men and women all different ages. They could see I was visibly Shaken so sat me down and I told them the story and they didn’t laugh, they didn’t dismiss me they 100% believed me
They told me that they weren’t even meant to be there that night
They did a ‘blessing’ which was like a prayer over me and one of the men said he felt it was a couple of spirits and one was an older man protecting the house and when I was saying to the house pleas just give me back XYZ he was trying to help me by bringing me the object.
Whether it was placebo or not after the blessing I wasn’t scared at all
They told me to go home and tell the spirits they were scaring me and to stop
I never ever felt scared again no more activity.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I live in a city and that night I was home alone and things started moving.
I was so frightened I ran out of the house and jumped in my car
It was only 9pm and the streets were empty and no where was open
It was so odd because I remember it being a Friday night and no one was around, nothing open and it’s an established city
My mum even said try and find a priest
So I drove around refusing to go home until my house mate came home
I decided to park up in a car park next to one of those prefab buildings which I didn’t really take notice of until I saw a light was on and I saw it was a spiritualist church
Side note ….I am not religious in any way
By this time it was gone 11pm so pretty late especially for anyone to be in a church but I was so frightened and so in need of human company I felt drawn to knock on their door.
And they welcomed me in (almost like they were waiting for me)
There were about six people, men and women all different ages. They could see I was visibly Shaken so sat me down and I told them the story and they didn’t laugh, they didn’t dismiss me they 100% believed me
They told me that they weren’t even meant to be there that night
They did a ‘blessing’ which was like a prayer over me and one of the men said he felt it was a couple of spirits and one was an older man protecting the house and when I was saying to the house pleas just give me back XYZ he was trying to help me by bringing me the object.
Whether it was placebo or not after the blessing I wasn’t scared at all
They told me to go home and tell the spirits they were scaring me and to stop
I never ever felt scared again no more activity.
That’s amazing. It would be so interesting to find out who has lived (and maybe also died) there over the years.

Reactions: 4
That’s amazing. It would be so interesting to find out who has lived (and maybe also died) there over the years.
After chatting about it it’s really motivated me to go and find out what history the house may hold.
If I find anything out I’ll report back.

• Heart
Reactions: 8