What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it creepy that someone I knew in my past will suddenly pop into my thoughts and I may not have seen them for years and I will bump into that person within 24 hours its so weird and has happened so many times
This has literally happened to me three times in the last couple of weeks!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I had a weird experience a couple of nights ago, but it wasn’t scary. My grandad has recently died last month and I was feeling really depressed about the whole thing as you can imagine.

He always used to tell me “don’t cry for me when I die, flower, I’ve had a good life and I’ll be reunited with your grandma”. Obviously you try to remember this but it proves difficult because we love them so much 😭

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I have a dream about my grandad. I’m in his house and it feels so real (even down to the smell) and my grandad is reminding me not to cry for him and that he’s happy with my grandma.

It could have been my mind/subconscious trying to make me feel better. In fact I would have thought this if it were not for the feeling that accompanied it. It’s almost indescribable. The best I can compare it to is being hugged by a duvet. I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love, warmth and peace. I’ve never felt like this before, certainly not in a dream, let alone real life. This feeling is the only thing that makes me feel like perhaps my grandad did somehow make contact with me. He was such a kind, loving and warm hearted man. His last thoughts were about how WE would feel and cope without him (God bless him!)

The lovely thing about this experience is that anytime I now think about my grandad, this warm, peaceful feeling washes over me. I feel so at peace and loved. It may be my brain trying to cheer me up but I like to think it’s grandad trying to offer some comfort 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I had a weird experience a couple of nights ago, but it wasn’t scary. My grandad has recently died last month and I was feeling really depressed about the whole thing as you can imagine.

He always used to tell me “don’t cry for me when I die, flower, I’ve had a good life and I’ll be reunited with your grandma”. Obviously you try to remember this but it proves difficult because we love them so much 😭

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I have a dream about my grandad. I’m in his house and it feels so real (even down to the smell) and my grandad is reminding me not to cry for him and that he’s happy with my grandma:

It could have been my mind/subconscious trying to make me feel better. In fact I would have thought this if it were not for the feeling that accompanied it. It’s almost indescribable. The best I can compare it to is being hugged by a duvet. I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love, warmth and peace. I’ve never felt like this before, certainly not in a dream, let alone real life. This feeling is the only thing that makes me feel like perhaps my grandad did somehow make contact with me. He was such a kind, loving and warm hearted man. His last week thoughts were about how WE would feel and cope without him (God bless him!)

The lovely thing about this experience is that anytime I now think about my grandad, this warm, peaceful feeling washes over me. I feel so at peace and loved. It may be my brain trying to cheer me up but I like to think it’s grandad trying to offer some comfort 🥰
I felt exactly this when my dad passed. I’ve no doubt that it was your grandad communicating with you and giving you comfort. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My family were gathered at my mum's deathbed in hospital. We were miles from home and getting quite deranged with lack of sleep.
Then suddenly my brother stood up and said "right we're going home". I didn't question this in my trance-like state, like I would do normally, so we went home and another relative decided to start the long drive home to see to their children. There was one person left behind.
A short while after I got home the phone rang - it was the hospital to say mum had died.
I went round to my brother's to tell him in person. He was lying on the bed looking stunned and when I walked in, he said "I know, she's just been here". "She gave me a hug". 😳😲
I asked him later why he'd been so insistent that we go home from the hospital. He said it was like an order. Someone telling him to go home.
A few weeks later something got in my bed behind me. I'm sure it was mum.
I think mum decided who she wanted by her side when she died. Someone who she didn't see much of and didn't want them to feel left out. So they got the honour of being there when she died.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A long time ago a friend of mine was dying. His sister and I sat by his bedside for hours waiting for the inevitable but he kept going. A nurse came on duty for the night shift and she said that she had been doing the job for a long time and whilst you hear stories about people hanging on waiting till their loved ones to arrive it also happens the other way. Some people who don’t want to cause a fuss and upset for people will wait to be alone. After that I told him that if that was what he wanted now was his chance but if he was still there in the morning he would be stuck with me. He died a couple of hours later when he was sure we were gone.
Bless him.

My mum and aunt were keeping a vigil, taking it in turns, over my granny as they were pretty sure she was dying. Her breathing changed and my mum (a nurse) popped upstairs to wake my aunt to tell her. By the time they got back downstairs - less than a minute - my granny had gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I have a dream about my grandad. I’m in his house and it feels so real (even down to the smell) and my grandad is reminding me not to cry for him and that he’s happy with my grandma.

It could have been my mind/subconscious trying to make me feel better. In fact I would have thought this if it were not for the feeling that accompanied it. It’s almost indescribable. The best I can compare it to is being hugged by a duvet. I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love, warmth and peace. I’ve never felt like this before, certainly not in a dream, let alone real life. This feeling is the only thing that makes me feel like perhaps my grandad did somehow make contact with me. He was such a kind, loving and warm hearted man. His last thoughts were about how WE would feel and cope without him (God bless him!)

Your grandad sounds so lovely 😍 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Driving home from work in the dark I see a figure in my headlights. I live in a rural village and it’s rare to see people walking on this road as there are no pavements. They are on the right side of the road, so with their back to oncoming traffic. As I get closer, they appear to be dressed all in black, in what looks like a monks habit with a hood. I pass them and I can’t see any legs or feet, just this long garment that reaches the ground. They also have their head down, or they don’t have a face. There wasn’t any light colours on them at all, just black.

I looked in my mirror after I had passed, but nothing !

Gives me the shivers driving on that road now.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Driving home from work in the dark I see a figure in my headlights. I live in a rural village and it’s rare to see people walking on this road as there are no pavements. They are on the right side of the road, so with their back to oncoming traffic. As I get closer, they appear to be dressed all in black, in what looks like a monks habit with a hood. I pass them and I can’t see any legs or feet, just this long garment that reaches the ground. They also have their head down, or they don’t have a face. There wasn’t any light colours on them at all, just black.

I looked in my mirror after I had passed, but nothing !

Gives me the shivers driving on that road now.
When I was a teenager I saw some hands going into my bag in the hallway at my parents house - thought I was hallucinating. My parents carted me off to "see someone" who'd been recommended. A lady from the church. Anyway she said I'd seen a nun going into a cupboard. I was tit scared so said nothing. 😀
Anyway it's bugged me all my life until someone recommended an ex policewoman on You Tube who explains things like this. I watched a few of her videos and finally got the answer. I had seen an imprint. She explained that, for example, you open your front door loads of times during your lifetime. I had literally just seen an imprint of something like that.
I also got an answer about the 2 ghosts in my house but I've unfortunately forgotten what she said about that (menopause brain 😀).
Anyway it put my mind at rest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
When I was a teenager I saw some hands going in the hallway at my parents house - thought I was hallucinating. My parents carted me off to "see someone" who'd been recommended. A lady from the church. Anyway she said I'd seen a nun going into a cupboard. I was tit scared so said nothing. 😀
Anyway it's bugged me all my life until someone recommended an ex policewoman on You Tube who explains things like this. I watched a few of her videos and finally got the answer. I had seen an imprint. She explained that for example you open your front door loads of times during your lifetime. I had literally just seen an imprint of that.
I also got an answer about the 2 ghosts in my house but I've unfortunately forgotten what she said about that (menopause brain 😀).
Can you explain more about imprints?

Reactions: 3
Can you explain more about imprints?
Maybe it's like energy. Everything in the world has an energy. So because something like opening a door or going in a cupboard is done millions of times over our lifetime, it leaves an imprint of this energy and I just happened to see one of someone else going into a cupboard where my bag was, only there was no cupboard any more.
I remember being told by a psychic my next door neighbour got round to her house about the 2 ghosts in my current house, (many years after the hands event), and she said one of them couldn't go upstairs as there wasn't an upstairs when they were working in the building on the land at that time. The other ghost - a child could run up and downstairs as he was alive when it was 2 storeys.
When I bought the house the 2nd bedroom was done up for a little child and everything had been left behind - cot etc. I wonder if that was the child who was the ghost. The house was only 6 years old when I bought it and there hadn't been anything on that land since the 1950s.

ETA I've Googled it cos I'm intrigued now 😀

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When I was a teenager I saw some hands going into my bag in the hallway at my parents house - thought I was hallucinating. My parents carted me off to "see someone" who'd been recommended. A lady from the church. Anyway she said I'd seen a nun going into a cupboard. I was tit scared so said nothing. 😀
Anyway it's bugged me all my life until someone recommended an ex policewoman on You Tube who explains things like this. I watched a few of her videos and finally got the answer. I had seen an imprint. She explained that, for example, you open your front door loads of times during your lifetime. I had literally just seen an imprint of something like that.
Who's the YouTuber, please?

Reactions: 2
Had an extremely boring and very awkward work lunch yesterday. Two hours of trying to look and sound interested - scariest experience I’ve had in a while. 😦

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When my great-grandma was dying I walked home from school, normally I would have been with my sister but she was with friends that day. I would always pass an old shed and on this particular day, someone had painted my English name on it in red and it looked like blood dripping! I was a bit freaked out and thought of my great-grandma but wondered if it was a coincidence, my name is also a general word. But sure enough when my sister got back, we were told great-grandma had died

• Wow
Who's the YouTuber, please?
I've looked back in my You Tube history and found the video someone recommended to me. I think it maybe also gives an answer to Avenged7Fold's experience.

ETA Blurp - the name on the video says Nicky Alan.
I've watched a few more of her videos - the dementia one, what happens to murder victims and people who commit suicide. Forgotten what they said now but I remember it was interesting.
I remember her saying in a video about standing in a murder victim's house with his wife when she was a policewoman, and seeing the murder victim stood by the TV watching her. She couldn't tell his wife this as it wouldn't be professional, but one day his wife actually asked her if she could see him. Freaky but fascinating!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
These are not the most creepy or most scary but they have just entered my mind as I am reading some of these posts.

I recall being in town with my sisters one Saturday. Our mum would give us money to buy the latest singles once a week in OurPrice( if you remember that place).
A man was in the shop and he stood out because he was big, tall, black with an an African accent and in the town I grew up in it was mainly white so he stood out like a sore thumb. He approached me and my sisters who were around ages 12, 9 and 4 and offered us not sweets but a single sweet. I think we said no but then he started trying to open the breast pocket on my four year old sister's t shirt but he was struggling because it was a mock pocket, but he was fiddling with the button for ages, trying to put the sweet in the pocket.

I remember people watching but no-one said anything and neither did me and my sisters. It was very strange

Another one, I once tried to get into my mum's bedroom but the bedside table had been moved in front of the door ( by about a few inches) but this meant that we couldn't get in the room! This was years ago and we still don't know how that happened

Another story
When I lived in Egypt, I was followed home whilst on a leisurely walk. He was talking to me saying things like "ahah beautiful anngelll'. I told him to go away but he followed me home, parked his car outside of my building ,got out of the car and audaciously stood by his car with his arms folded smiling. I was so frightened that I walked on pretending I didn't live there. I returned home hours later when I knew my flatmate was home

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I remember sitting under the coffee table looking up through the glass when the phone rang. I must have been about 10. I knew someone in the family had died and exactly who it was when the phone was answered.
What’s even stranger is that it was an uncle who was 40 and on his death certificate is SADS. Very odd feeling I remember it vividly!

• Sad
  • Wow
The first time me and my two best friends went to town after dark (we were about 15 so it was early 2000s), we watched a movie, and when we came out of the cinema a young woman was mugged right in front of us! What was weird was that there were loads of people around, but no one in the street gave any kind of reaction at all, everyone just silently watched this happen. It was such an eerie experience.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The first time me and my two best friends went to town after dark (we were about 15 so it was early 2000s), we watched a movie, and when we came out of the cinema a young woman was mugged right in front of us! What was weird was that there were loads of people around, but no one in the street gave any kind of reaction at all, everyone just silently watched this happen. It was such an eerie experience.
The bystander effect

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not sure if I told this one or not. But it was years ago when I was about 23 and I sometimes did a late shift as a volunteer for The Samaritans. This was in the olden days where you had to go in to a physical space and take phone calls.

Our office was along a run down main road in a big city, then up a side alley. Plus the outer door was locked and had to be unlocked when you knocked.

Anyway, I was walking to the place in the dark and a group of men behind me started shouting rude comments. I eas really scared because the road was getting quieter and quieter and I had to turn down the dark alley. They were getting braver and louder and I just knew if I didn’t address things, or showed any fear, they’d get worse. So I waited until they shouted something really sexual and then spun round and shouted ‘RIGHT!!!!! Who was THAT?’

Fortunately for me, they all started blaming each other and lost their power. So I snorted and said well just stop!!!!’ And they did.

Once they’d gone I scuttled into the Samaritans office and heaved a big sigh 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17