What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, so my strange experience was only a few years ago, about 2016. We lived on a really rough council estate, shootings occurred frequently a road or two away. It was ROUGH. We (my fiancé and I) decided to walk our staff at like midnight one hot summers night to try and get some cool air. We took him to a near by park. The park was a glorified field. The grass was long as it hadn’t been cut yet, it was dark but not pitch black. The area was dimly lit from near by street lights. We paused to observe some flashing lights in the sky, then after a minute we noticed this thick fog had descended. I could barely see a foot infront of me unlike before, the area got very still, the breeze had stopped, it lasted for as long as it took for me and my partner to turn to each other to say ‘what the f**k?’ And the fog had lifted and the mild gentle breeze had returned. The lights had gone. I’m not sure what it was we experienced. My fiancé isn’t either. All I know is, we both can agree it was beyond bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
When I was a kid, I woke up in the middle of the night to a hand touching my face, I immediately tried to push it off me, but I couldn’t move it, it was all cold and floppy.
I immediately assumed it was my sister, who I shared a room with at the time, trying to wind me up so I started shouting at her to get off me, but she said “I’m not on you, I’m here”, and I could tell from the direction of her voice that she really was on the other side of the room. So at this point we both start losing our tit, I’ve still got this unknown hand on my face which I’m repeatedly trying to get off of me but can’t, we’re both now absolutely terrified, so she puts on the light….
Turned out I’d fallen asleep in a weird position and given myself a fully dead arm and it was so numb that it was just like a total dead weight that I couldn’t push off of me 😭. When we look back it was funny but at the time it was one of the scariest things to happen to me when I was younger lol

• Haha
Reactions: 54
That is really scary, and happens more than most people realise. People go missing all the time, but only a very small fraction of them ever get any publicity. So sad for the loved ones left behind. I came across this story in the Guardian nearly 2 years ago; I live in the South East but had never heard about the case - and yet others (Milly Dowler, Susie Lamplugh, Madeleine McCann) get masses of publicity. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/29/ruth-wilson-surrey-schoolgirl-vanished-documentary
Poor Milly Dowler was found where I live. I drive past the spot most days and still to this day think of her every time I do.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I remember that sad case
Cannot believe it was the same bloke Levi belfield that killed milly downer and then confessed last year to killing that women and her young girl and dog late nineties and one girl survived in the fields on way home from school and the poor bloke that has been locked up all these years wrongly accused of there murders!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
When I still lived at home (I still call my parents ‘home’), I had a figure that appeared at the end of my bed which woke me every night between 3-4am. Happened every night for years! For some reason I believed it was a female, with long dark hair, in a nightgown (old fashioned type) and sometimes she would walk back towards the wall and disappear 😳. It never scared me or made me upset, and I settled back to sleep easily.

I had a reading the following year (for other reasons- separated from an ex and was obvs looking for answers/ comfort 🧐) but the lady mentioned this figure and told me it’s a relative from Ireland who died young of cancer and is my guardian..!

I’ve not seen her since I have moved out. What do you guys think? Ghost? Guardian angel? A case of sleep walk/ talk or just bat tit cray cray? 😂
I was strangely listening to a podcast tonight which came up on my You Tube feed. I'd previously looked the You Tuber up as she came recommended to explain the weird experiences I'd had. I'll post it here, might be of some use.

ETA don't know if I'd have the bottle to do the phone thing with a spirit. 😬😄

Reactions: 1
Cannot believe it was the same bloke Levi belfield that killed milly downer and then confessed last year to killing that women and her young girl and dog late nineties and one girl survived in the fields on way home from school and the poor bloke that has been locked up all these years wrongly accused of there murders!
Whilst I don’t think Michael Stone is guilty I’m not convinced that Bellfield is either. His ex partner said he was with her celebrating her birthday on that day. She has no reason to lie, she hates him and gave the police loads of incriminating evidence for the first murders he was convicted for. It’s thought that his confession could just be him playing mind games.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It sadly does seem unlikely Belfield committed the Russell killings. I have recorded a series about that, but I don't have the strength to watch it yet. I feel a tie with Josie Russell as I wrote and drew a book for her after the attack. I got the loveliest letter back from her dad; I still have it.

Anyway. I have just caught up with this thread and feel such despair and sadness at what everyone who posted has gone through. There are so many little ones I wish I could put my arms around (and big ones, too). Thank you all for sharing your stories. Even if the only people you've told are those on this board, you have shown great courage.

I am extraordinarily lucky in that not very many unpleasant things have happened to me. The worst didn't even affect me; when I was at middle school we had an English teacher who I really liked. He was very charismatic and funny but he could get cross and one thing we used to joke about was that if you were naughty you got locked in his store cupboard. He left school very suddenly after one year and it turned out he'd been allowing children to have underage sex at his house. That was bad enough but about 4 years ago he was uncovered as one of the UK's most polific paedophiles and had abused boys at our school. He had raped one repeatedly in his store cupboard. These boys bravely told the police a few years ago and he was locked away having been found in Thailand abusing children there. When I found out I cried and cried for those boys and all they had gone through. It makes me feel sick.

For a bit of light relief: the other thing that happened was I parked in a local beauty spot one evening. Shortly afterwards another car parked next to me. This annoyed me so I moved further away. Then a second car turned up and parked next to me. I thought they were drug-dealers who wanted to scare me away so I decided not to move ON PRINCIPLE. I had an MP3 player attached to a tape deck in my car (it was an old car!); I was listening to it, but dropped it and turned my interior light on to find the player - then turned it off again. At which point one of the cars next to me reversed and flashed its lights at me! I nearly died of fright. Then another car appeared so there were 4 of us all in a row sitting there like lemons so I decided I'd leave the drug dealers to it and I moved into a side car park, but then one of the cars followed me. I lost my nerve and sped off down the hill. At the bottom of the hill was a kid on one of those stupid scooter things which makes an infuriating noise; when I moved off he followed and kept up close behind me. I had had enough by this point so I slowed down until he was right up behind me, then braked and squirted him with windscreen washer. He wobbled about on his scooter then pissed off. I was livid and drove back into town then rang my friend to tell him I was going to report the drug dealers to the police. My friend fell about laughing and told me that they were doggers, and I had been giving off signals by moving my car and turning my lights on and off! Apparently I had been parked in a "hot dogging spot" but I am pleased that they gate it off at night so you can't go dogging up there any longer.
---
When I was a kid, I woke up in the middle of the night to a hand touching my face, I immediately tried to push it off me, but I couldn’t move it, it was all cold and floppy.
I immediately assumed it was my sister, who I shared a room with at the time, trying to wind me up so I started shouting at her to get off me, but she said “I’m not on you, I’m here”, and I could tell from the direction of her voice that she really was on the other side of the room. So at this point we both start losing our tit, I’ve still got this unknown hand on my face which I’m repeatedly trying to get off of me but can’t, we’re both now absolutely terrified, so she puts on the light….
Turned out I’d fallen asleep in a weird position and given myself a fully dead arm and it was so numb that it was just like a total dead weight that I couldn’t push off of me 😭. When we look back it was funny but at the time it was one of the scariest things to happen to me when I was younger lol
I really needed to read this story. It made me laugh out loud!

• Haha
Poor Milly Dowler was found where I live. I drive past the spot most days and still to this day think of her every time I do.
Milly Dowler was the reason I stopped reading newspapers. The reporting on that case was beyond disgusting…and that was before the phone hacking came to light.

Reactions: 9
Whilst I don’t think Michael Stone is guilty I’m not convinced that Bellfield is either. His ex partner said he was with her celebrating her birthday on that day. She has no reason to lie, she hates him and gave the police loads of incriminating evidence for the first murders he was convicted for. It’s thought that his confession could just be him playing mind games.
Agree, while Michael Stone is a wrong ‘in I’m not convinced it was him. Bellfield is pure evil and indeed does love to play mind games. I watched a good programme on C5 about the Russell murders and I’m still not sure who could’ve committed such a crime. Trouble is, if it wasn’t either of the two above then who was it and are they still out there?

Reactions: 9
A similar thing happened on the Etsy forums. A soap seller. It was crazy. She was conning everyone out of money with her crazy stories and then finally got found out. It was fascinating to watch it all fall apart.
Do tell more!

Reactions: 5
A few years ago we lived in a flat in the centre of our town, it was a nice place and perfect for us we had 6 months with no trouble then one day these absolute a@#£%^&*s moved in above us they were a total nightmare and we never got a minutes peace from them it was grim
The main guy was a body builder type and I'm pretty sure he was on roids, they had gym equipment up there on bare wooden floors and it was being used till all hours the noise was horrendous
so as I'm getting older I'm getting mouthier And if somebody annoys me they know about it, my husband kept telling me not to get involved and to keep my mouth shut around them, he made me promise to keep our door locked at all times and if he wasn't home not to go out after dark
now my husband grew up in a not so nice part of Leicester, and his mum worked in a pub where some very dodgy people used to frequent (the kind of people who could make you disappear), so he was used to unsavory people and he is not normally intimidated by anyone and can certainly hold his own but something about them upstairs put him on edge
As time went on it became clear they were dealing they were out in the carpark meeting people at night and always had a string of people going up to their flat, by this point our estate agents had found us a house and we moved out, a few weeks later my husband rang me and told me to check the local news they guy upstairs had been in a police chase in a stolen car, when they finally got him they found an unlicensed gun hidden in the car turns out he hadn't long been out of jail for abh amongst other things he was arrested and put away
It still gives me shivers when I think about what might have happened, if my husband hadn't told me to stay away and keep quiet obviously sensed they were dangerous

• Wow
Reactions: 14
A similar thing happened on the Etsy forums. A soap seller. It was crazy. She was conning everyone out of money with her crazy stories and then finally got found out. It was fascinating to watch it all fall apart.
What kind of stories 🤔

Reactions: 2
If it’s anything like the situation I encountered, a lot of fake health stuff - fake hospital admissions, fake accidents, incidents, attention seeking stuff.
Yes, it was exactly this. She frequented a part of old Etsy forums called Etc. where mostly sellers went to chat. It started out with small inconsistencies in her stories so nothing much to take notice of, but there was always some drama going on.
Then she had a sick kid and needed help with money as they were in hospital. Then her husband was out of work. More fund raising. Then other tit happened like a burglary near Christmas so all of their presents got stolen. Car broke down, etc., etc. It was all getting quite ridiculous the amount people would fall over backwards to help without realizing, and at the same time she claimed she had a thriving and successful Etsy business!
This went on for several years with one scam after another. Then she decided to go big or go home and claimed the whole of her husband's family died overseas in a car crash and so of course everyone rallied round trying to help get the bodies back home. UTTER MADNESS.
Eventually she got called out big time on it. People found GoFundMe stuff on her, etc. Other tit happened and she got banned from Esty for bleeping around. She probably moved on with a new name somewhere else scamming away.
If you're an old Etsy seller who used to use the forums, you've probably heard of her. Karina/SoapThatMakesScents

• Wow
Yes, it was exactly this. She frequented a part of old Etsy forums called Etc. where mostly sellers went to chat. It started out with small inconsistencies in her stories so nothing much to take notice of, but there was always some drama going on.
Then she had a sick kid and needed help with money as they were in hospital. Then her husband was out of work. More fund raising. Then other tit happened like a burglary near Christmas so all of their presents got stolen. Car broke down, etc., etc. It was all getting quite ridiculous the amount people would fall over backwards to help without realizing, and at the same time she claimed she had a thriving and successful Etsy business!
This went on for several years with one scam after another. Then she decided to go big or go home and claimed the whole of her husband's family died overseas in a car crash and so of course everyone rallied round trying to help get the bodies back home. UTTER MADNESS.
Eventually she got called out big time on it. People found GoFundMe stuff on her, etc. Other tit happened and she got banned from Esty for bleeping around. She probably moved on with a new name somewhere else scamming away.
If you're an old Etsy seller who used to use the forums, you've probably heard of her. Karina/SoapThatMakesScents
wow. I’m seriously wondering if it’s the same person I encountered. I’ve seen them pop up in other forums - small changes to their story, but definitely them.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I came across this thread off the back of the Russell Brand scandal. Every who has shared is so incredibly brave.
I have my own stories. A teacher I had when I was maybe 8 or 9 who at the time I adored and thought was the best but with hindsight I believe he was dodgy. Nothing major happened I should say- a slightly inappropriate conversation which now feels like he was testing the water to see how I would react. And an occasion where he kept his hand on my thigh for a long time. At the time I felt a bit uncomfortable but also like I was a favourite of his and sort of enjoyed the attention.
As an adult there are many occasions where a men have been creepy, lecherous, entitled and pushy. Most of which I have forgotten the details of.
But one guy stands out - I went on a date with him after meeting on an online dating site. It was fine but I knew I didn’t want to see him again and it wouldn’t go anywhere, but I was polite and didn’t see the harm in staying to have a drink or two. The next day he texted and messaged incessantly asking when we could go out again, he was really intense and it cemented it for me that I definitely didn’t want to see him again. I told him as much, which he said he was fine with he didn’t want anything either but maybe it could be casual duck buddy arrangement. I said no thanks and thought that would be the end of it.

For 6 months after he messaged me almost every weekend asking when I was going to go out with him again, asking what I was up to, asking if I still lived in the same place. I initially was polite but a bit cold in my responses, not asking any questions back, giving him short abrupt answers hoping he would get the hint. He didn’t. He persisted. I then ignored him, which worked for a while but he started messaging again. I finally told him in no uncertain terms we would never go out again, he was a creep for not taking no for an answer and that it was frankly mental that he hadn’t moved on after one date we had six months ago. Of course in his eyes I was a witch!

I blocked him but he found me months later on a different dating site and messaged me there too. I ignored him. I also noticed he had made a tinder profile with a fake name which was alarming. Years later maybe 3 or 4 years I logged onto a dating site to delete my profile as I had met someone- who instantly popped up in my inbox… yup. He was asking if I was still single and still hadn’t changed my mind on going out with him. I told him to leave me alone, I was dating someone and I STILL was not interested- he came back to say he loved the thought of watching me duck another man…. Thankfully never heard from him again.

I also was raped by a guy I had a one night stand with. I was very drunk but initially I did consent to sex. Later I was almost asleep, he started touching me again and I said no and that I was too tired. He was so persistent. He was grabbing my hand putting it on his dick, putting his fingers in me. I said no several times and thought he would give up. He didn’t. I realised he just wasn’t taking no for an answer.
I think we are both from NI? I pop in and out of the NI thread from time to time. Seriously what you have posted here, we could be talking about the same person. Which is so scary.

Probably about 6/7 yrs ago I was on POF I think after coming out of a really bad relationship and met someone who was a nice guy but I knew he wasn't really my type but we stayed and had a drink anyway. I left and went home but he messaged so much and was so persistent to meet up again, not even out anywhere but wanted me to come round for drinks and it was quite obvious what he was after. I told him no, made up excuses etc and he was nice about it, would then say things like no worries, how are you anyway, what you at today? and it went on for ages. It became borderline obsessive. I just started to ignore him but the same as you, every weekend, the same thing and it got really weird. Like clearly I'm not interested so why do you keep asking me to come round to your house? I was firm with him and told him no and he would say just as friends. Imagine he had talked me into going round? I dread to think what would have happened. Anyway, he kept doing this even up to a few years ago just random messages would come through on facebook messenger requests, a text here or there, a whatsapp, and I would still say no. I told him I was in a relationship and yet it continued. I worry about the girl he might end up with if that is his behavior with a person who is clearly saying no.

Weirdly, I was at Snow Patrol in the Odyssey arena with my boyfriend - it was a VIP sort of section for people who had bought their new album or something like that ( I got the tickets from someone on gumtree) and he was a row behind me with one of his friends!! he recognized me and kept tapping me on the shoulder. My boyfriend asked him to leave me alone but he still kept pestering me. A lovely couple beside us swapped seats and they got a warning from security to reel it in. But the next day, he messaged me apologizing and then asked me did I want to go round his for a drink and he would make it up to me? Like wtf!

Thankfully I haven't heard or seen him since but I just don't understand how men can think its ok to be like that

I'm so sorry about what happened to you :( xx

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I think we are both from NI? I pop in and out of the NI thread from time to time. Seriously what you have posted here, we could be talking about the same person. Which is so scary.

Probably about 6/7 yrs ago I was on POF I think after coming out of a really bad relationship and met someone who was a nice guy but I knew he wasn't really my type but we stayed and had a drink anyway. I left and went home but he messaged so much and was so persistent to meet up again, not even out anywhere but wanted me to come round for drinks and it was quite obvious what he was after. I told him no, made up excuses etc and he was nice about it, would then say things like no worries, how are you anyway, what you at today? and it went on for ages. It became borderline obsessive. I just started to ignore him but the same as you, every weekend, the same thing and it got really weird. Like clearly I'm not interested so why do you keep asking me to come round to your house? I was firm with him and told him no and he would say just as friends. Imagine he had talked me into going round? I dread to think what would have happened. Anyway, he kept doing this even up to a few years ago just random messages would come through on facebook messenger requests, a text here or there, a whatsapp, and I would still say no. I told him I was in a relationship and yet it continued. I worry about the girl he might end up with if that is his behavior with a person who is clearly saying no.

Weirdly, I was at Snow Patrol in the Odyssey arena with my boyfriend - it was a VIP sort of section for people who had bought their new album or something like that ( I got the tickets from someone on gumtree) and he was a row behind me with one of his friends!! he recognized me and kept tapping me on the shoulder. My boyfriend asked him to leave me alone but he still kept pestering me. A lovely couple beside us swapped seats and they got a warning from security to reel it in. But the next day, he messaged me apologizing and then asked me did I want to go round his for a drink and he would make it up to me? Like wtf!

Thankfully I haven't heard or seen him since but I just don't understand how men can think its ok to be like that

I'm so sorry about what happened to you :( xx
That all sounds so familiar! It’s also POF that I met him through and roughly the same timing- think I met him in 2015/2016? I wonder if it is the same person, it wouldn’t surprise me from what you have said. Was he into motorbikes by any chance? And did he have a real old man name that you never really hear anymore?

That’s absolutely crazy behaviour- like you think it’s easy enough for someone to be persistent over text and try their luck but face to face when your bf was sitting there too?! Wtf! Yeah I dread to think what could have happened. Glad he has finally left you alone.

I used to be a bit nervous because he knew where I lived and it was a quiet enough street I would have thought nothing of heading up to the shop and leaving the door unlocked (and also forgot to lock it after many a night out 🍺 😂)

I really don’t get it either. Just take no for an answer! I don’t know how someone’s ego and pride could let them keep asking and pestering when they’ve been knocked back so many times!
X

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
As a male I've never had to deal with the unwanted sexual pests that female members of this board have - reading their stories really does make me feel ashamed.

These stories aren't really that interesting, but they certainly have stuck with me.

When I was around 14 the town I lived in had a huge private girls college. It was spread out across one end of the town, huge old buildings, big wooded grounds. When it shut it was a great place to go exploring. A mate and me smashed into this huge old gothic style building through a window (I know!) and had a look around - being completely empty, it was creepy as duck. Silent and echoey.
It was full of rooms, corridors and staircases leading up to attic rooms. We didn't brace going right up there. The main hall way was huge, like a stately home with a big staircase, wood pannelled walls and this amazingly deep burgundy carpet. You half expected Dracula to descend down it.

Anyway we decided to get out and go back in at a later stage to explore again with torches for the upper floors (and a few weapons!) but when we went back a huge sign had been (unsurprisingly) put over the broken window saying that security patrols now were monitoring it.

It didn't stop my exploring though. In another part of the sprawling site was where all the classrooms had been. I went up there on my own one evening, it was a summers evening and still light at 7pm. I squeezed under a security fence (the only way into this part) and had a wander. There wer again loads of old buildings, but the doors were all locked and I didn't fancy smashing in again in case I got caught.

I happened across one building that must have been the school labs, the door was open on this one so I decided to go in. I can't remember if the blinds were down, or if the room had no windows, but it was pitch black inside. As I went in the only light I had was coming from the open door. There was loads of stuff in there left behind. Old test tubes, bunsen burners, text books etc. so I was having a rummage to see what I could find (pilfer).

As I went further in it was now getting really dark. I remember trying to see what was around me as I reached the far end of this long room. As I turned around there it was, a sillohuette of someone just standing in the door. They weren't moving, just standing there. Because of the backlight on them I couldn't make out any features. I just stood still, but my breathing must have given me away. I don't know how long we both stood there. Both in silence, not moving. But eventually the shadow turned and walked slowly away. I gave it a couple of minutes, picked up whatever I could find as a weapon and made my way to the door.
Gingerley I made my way out - there was no-one there and I got the hell out of there as quickly as I could! I'm sure it was just someone funning like I had been, but it sure creeped me out.

A few years later a mate and me would regularly go out to London when we were about 16 (our parents didn't know this). We didn't drive, so what we would do is train up to the local big town with our bikes, leave them at the station and then cycle home at night after we got back and the last trains and buses had finished. It was about 11 miles on our bikes, and we had to go part way through the country. Pitch black down small roads in the middle of nowhere. One night we were cycling back, and were two abreast, and our lights shone onto a lone figure dressed in black, with a large hood walking from one side of the road, not taking any notice of us cycling down, and walked right across the road and into a field. It was freaky. It was around 12:30am - and there were no buildings or dwellings anywhere around.
It was a while until we used that route again (if we did at all?)

Move on a few years later and we would also go out in the nearest town for a night out. Being youngish, and rather spending money on booze and nightclubs, we'd walk the 11 miles home rathe than get a taxi.
We walked through the back way at some silly 3am in the morning type time. In a secluded layby we saw this car, with it's headlights dimmed and some movement inside. It was just some local shaggers I'm sure, but I got a real sense of unease about it. I told my mate that we should get away (strange for me as I was a bit pissed and wasn't actually frightened like this) as something really hit me.
Anyway not long after it turns out that within about 100 feet of where we saw the car was where Steve Wright dumped two of the bodies killed in the Ipswich Strangler case - could that have been him the car that night?

Later I foun out that I'd actually me, shaken his hand and chatted to Steve Wright in a local pub before his crimes as he worked with a friend of mine.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
This story popped in to my head recently after talking about my grandparents
Growing up my nan lived in a small village between a town and a city it was fairly rural surrounded by farmland, they would regularly walk through the fields to and from school or out playing
It was fairly close to an airbase too so they were used to aircraft flying over
One day during ww2 she would have been about 7 or 8 years old her and her siblings were walking across the fields home when in the distance they heard a German plane coming they knew that had to get to shelter and started running across the fields, as it approached they could hear it constantly firing at everything in sight before they knew it the plane was over head she said it was flying so low they could actually see the crew inside
Still out in the middle of nowhere they had no where to hide gripped with fear the all held hands and closed their eyes waiting for the inevitable, when suddenly the plane gathered speed and flew right over them and off in to the distance realising they had a very lucky escape they bolted for home hearing the guns firing in the distance as they ran
They found out later on that German plane had fired at everything they passed and the gunshots they heard as they ran away were the next field of cows being shot
She still maintained until the day she died the only reason they were spared as the plane flew over them was because the planes guns must has ceased up
Maybe or maybe they just couldnt shoot at innocent kids who knows, it still sends a shiver down my spine when I think about it though

• Wow
Reactions: 21