What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Three people close to me have died (and one almost died) and all four times I knew before it happened that they had/almost had.

One of those was my mum, when I was in my teens. She'd been terminally ill for several years and I hadn't come to terms with it, even on the day we knew it was going to happen. I told her I didn't want to say 'goodbye' as it were so I kept myself out the way and just quietly read. Then all of a sudden I collapsed on the floor and had absolutely zero control of my limbs to pull myself up, and all the breath was sucked out of my body, bit like anaphylaxis. Got my breath back and hysterically started crying as it finally hit me 'bleeping hell, you're going to have to live without her'. My dad then came in and told me she'd just died. It sounds ridiculous/a bit woo/utter bollocks but I genuinely think that was part of my soul dying with her and leaving my body.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Three people close to me have died (and one almost died) and all four times I knew before it happened that they had/almost had.

One of those was my mum, when I was in my teens. She'd been terminally ill for several years and I hadn't come to terms with it, even on the day we knew it was going to happen. I told her I didn't want to say 'goodbye' as it were so I kept myself out the way and just quietly read. Then all of a sudden I collapsed on the floor and had absolutely zero control of my limbs to pull myself up, and all the breath was sucked out of my body, bit like anaphylaxis. Got my breath back and hysterically started crying as it finally hit me 'bleeping hell, you're going to have to live without her'. My dad then came in and told me she'd just died. It sounds ridiculous/a bit woo/utter bollocks but I genuinely think that was part of my soul dying with her and leaving my body.
I believe that’s what you were experiencing too. ❤ A similar thing happened to me when my dad passed, except in the opposite sense emotionally. After days of feeling very worried and upset about my dad’s illness having taken a turn for the worse, one evening as I was preparing to go to the hospital, I suddenly felt an overwhelmingly warm and contented feeling - almost like I was being hugged tightly - and very much like I wasn’t alone in the house anymore. I felt this way for around 10 minutes when my mum rang and said that my dad had just passed about 10 minutes ago. I believe I was feeling my dad’s sense of relief because he was finally free from pain and sickness. Will never forget that feeling x

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I believe that’s what you were experiencing too. ❤ A similar thing happened to me when my dad passed, except in the opposite sense emotionally. After days of feeling very worried and upset about my dad’s illness having taken a turn for the worse, one evening as I was preparing to go to the hospital, I suddenly felt an overwhelmingly warm and contented feeling - almost like I was being hugged tightly - and very much like I wasn’t alone in the house anymore. I felt this way for around 10 minutes when my mum rang and said that my dad had just passed about 10 minutes ago. I believe I was feeling my dad’s sense of relief because he was finally free from pain and sickness. Will never forget that feeling x
I had something very similar when my dad died, and everything went really quiet for a few moments. Then the phone rang, my dad’s voice said (inside my head) ‘that’s Sarah go and talk to her’ (my bestie since I was 11) and the warm feeling faded. He’d gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I'm so sorry you were so young when your mum died, that must have been so hard :(

When my mum died we were only told on the day she was terminal, I'd said goodbye but was sitting outside in the relatives room when my dad came in and told me she'd died. In that moment I felt literally like I had a concrete block on top of me. I couldn't move or breathe. I've never felt anything like that pain, it only lasted a few seconds but I've never forgotten it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
One day I was in the living room learning to play the old song Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulders, on the keyboard and about an hour into the song after getting it right, an ornament just randomly fell off a shelf, right across the other side of the room. There was windows by it, no windows open and me just sitting there on my own. I got the feeling some old spirit was there listening in. I did used to play the keyboard with my nan when I was young, she's passed and I did start to tear up thinking it was her or maybe just an old spirit who enjoyed that song back in the day. Was quite eerie, but comforting at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had something very similar when my dad died, and everything went really quiet for a few moments. Then the phone rang, my dad’s voice said (inside my head) ‘that’s Sarah go and talk to her’ (my bestie since I was 11) and the warm feeling faded. He’d gone.
That’s amazing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wow some amazing experiences basically since I was 7iv had strange occurrences I'm 40 now when I was 7 one night I was staying in my aunt's house I woke during the night to go the toliet I walked pass the bathroom mirror and then I seen it a black hooded figure his head was lowered I moved and looked away then when I looked back he was still there I ran back to bed it was a strange feeling .I lived in a cottage years ago and one Sunday evening I settled my son to bed and we had this old stove I stood beside it and froze this feeling washed over me i felt freezing like a cold chill came over me and a sense of grief I could feel something touch the back of my neck .I started crying my partner asked what was wrong I couldn't explain it .A few hours later we were just about to go to bed when the back door handle went when my bf looked out there was 4 masked men trying to break in we lived in a country cottage I ran to the bottom of the house to get my son when I got back to the kitchen my bf was on the floor after getting his head beat with the golf clubs in the exact spot I'd felt something in hours earlier . I have seen shadows and mists/orbs most my life especially in my current house it's a terraced house over 100 year old I tried to research the history but not much results.I in particular see shadows frequently especially on the stairs and landing .I wake most nights between 3-4 am have really vivid dreams off passed people .My electrics break a toaster 2 tvs washing machine all in a few months things come on themselves.Stuff gets moved footsteps on the stairs despite noone else being home .My dogs growl cower and their hand stands up at times growl looking beside me like there's something there or into the air corner of the room .My bf got pushed with force from behind in the hallway .when im alone in the house I feel like I'm being watched not alone and bangs noises yet no cause for them .The scissors that was on the table started spinning in front of my bf .My brothers gf stayed over she said the next day she seen a shadow in the bathroom despite we saying nothing as we didn't want to spook them .Over the years if I'm in specific places I'll get feelings vibes negative or positive things come to my mind like we were at an old castle and a monk came to mind and this cold errie feeling washed over me a sense of dread .
When my uncle passed we got the call to say he was nearing end stage of life I wasn't that long driving and I wanted to get to hospital as soon as when I got into the car it wouldn't start it worked earlier that day my bf looked at it there was no reason no issue with it so I went back inside a short time later my aunt rang my uncle had passed the next morning the car started up no problem at all .
When those men broke into your house.... were you and your son unharmed? ....how terrifying. Xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Ok so this isnt the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me but it was very creepy.

I go gym super early (5am) usually when i leave our road is quite, like normal Sleep time quite but can hear general nature sounds

The other day i came out of my house and it was DEATHLY quite like NO sound, nothing. No wind in tree’s etc. i got so freaked out, i thought i had gone deaf.

Was telling my husband, he was like you should have just come back inside

Anyone ever had this?
That happened to me a couple of decades ago. I was mowing the lawn and all of a sudden I felt like something was off, so I switched the mower off and there was deathly silence. No traffic noises, no birds singing..... nothing. I felt the need to go inside and switch on the telly don't ask me why ,🤷 and they were reporting on 9/11. The first plane having struck and the second plane was just coming in.....

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I had this when my mum passed, just knew it was coming.. big hugs to everyone in the thread who have experienced loss xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16

My uncle was very much my surrogate father figure , my dad passed away when i was only 2 so i have no recollection of him. My uncle didn't have children so our relationship just was always very father daughter , when I had my son , he was absolutely besotted with him like any grandparent.
My uncle passed away suddenly, the night it it happened I put my then two year old son to bed , he had been asleep about 2 hours when he suddenly started gasping for breath , but still asleep . It sounded so so horrifying and strange I just can't describe it. It lasted no more than 2 minutes , and he was absolutely fine. I slept terrible all night thinking he had whooping cough or something , listening out for him as you do.
Morning came , he was fine .
I had planned to go out shopping and I would usually ring my uncle to check if he needed me to pick him up anything as I did his shopping . I couldn't get any answer which was strange . My husband decided he would just nip over ( he lived just one street away ) to check he was ok . Now im so glad he did because usually me and my son would go over I had a key so id open up and my son would go charging in calling out for him.
The phone rang and I knew , i just knew it was my husband ringing to say my uncle was gone. He had found him on the floor , he hadn't made it to bed it was unslept in.
I am 100% convinced he died that night when my son had the funny breathing thing in his sleep , absolutely certain he visited him . He had collapsed and died right where there in front of a baby picture of my son he had proudly put up , his precious little boy 💕
Nothing like that has ever happened to us since

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Twice I’ve unexpectedly lost people close to me and whilst I haven’t known at the time of their death both times I knew before I was told. When I looked at my phone and saw a missed call from my sister I instantly knew our dad was dead. He wasn’t sick and was only in his mid 50’s. I dismissed that as being the fact that she rarely called and following a major loss a few years earlier I had become quite an anxious person.

A year later I was at work when senior management came in and called everyone urgently into the meeting room. I knew from looking at their faces that someone had died. As they started talking I started to cry as I knew they were going to say that one of my closest friends was dead. It was a sudden unexpected death and afterwards people were asking me how I knew. Everyone was sat there quite bemused wondering what the news was we were called in to hear and I was crying knowing they were going to say my friend was dead. Again I don’t think it was necessarily a 6th sense and more to do with me being able to read people and situations well.

I know someone who sometimes gets strong feelings when she touches someone. One day I was with her when she shook hands with a guy she’d never met before. I saw her go white and she asked him not to go on a bike for the next few days. He said if you have seen me have an accident don’t worry it happened 20 years ago. She’d never met him before and I can’t think of any rational reason why she would have known he had a serious accident on a bike. She puts her ‘gift’ down to her traveller heritage.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My uncle was very much my surrogate father figure , my dad passed away when i was only 2 so i have no recollection of him. My uncle didn't have children so our relationship just was always very father daughter , when I had my son , he was absolutely besotted with him like any grandparent.
My uncle passed away suddenly, the night it it happened I put my then two year old son to bed , he had been asleep about 2 hours when he suddenly started gasping for breath , but still asleep . It sounded so so horrifying and strange I just can't describe it. It lasted no more than 2 minutes , and he was absolutely fine. I slept terrible all night thinking he had whooping cough or something , listening out for him as you do.
Morning came , he was fine .
I had planned to go out shopping and I would usually ring my uncle to check if he needed me to pick him up anything as I did his shopping . I couldn't get any answer which was strange . My husband decided he would just nip over ( he lived just one street away ) to check he was ok . Now im so glad he did because usually me and my son would go over I had a key so id open up and my son would go charging in calling out for him.
The phone rang and I knew , i just knew it was my husband ringing to say my uncle was gone. He had found him on the floor , he hadn't made it to bed it was unslept in.
I am 100% convinced he died that night when my son had the funny breathing thing in his sleep , absolutely certain he visited him . He had collapsed and died right where there in front of a baby picture of my son he had proudly put up , his precious little boy 💕
Nothing like that has ever happened to us since
Oh sweetheart this has made me well up 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 some bonds are so beautiful. Sending love and thanks for sharing xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My mother was expected to die at any moment for a fortnight. The nurses would say goodbye to her at the end of each shift and be amazed that she was still there when they next came on shift. About two or three days before she actually died, I said to them and my father that I reckoned that she was waiting to be alone.

The night that she died, I woke up in the night. After a few minutes I heard my dad going to the bathroom. After he went back to bed, my mobile rang with the news that my mother had died. The night shift nurse had been sitting doing paperwork in her room and had to go help another person; there was no change in Mum's condition, no sign at all, but when the nurse returned after less than five minutes, Mum had died -when she was finally left alone.

I went to my father to tell him but as soon as he saw me he said that he knew. He had been woken by something tapping him. He thought it was my cat who sometimes visited him but when he put the light on there was no cat (he was still asleep on my bed). Seeing as he was awake, he went to the loo and had just got back to bed when I came through with the news.

For the six months after that until he died too, Dad was haunted by Mum. It started the night after the funeral when he said that he felt that now she had truly gone. He regularly got pokes in the ribs in bed, particularly when he had a lie in and once he had to point out that it was Sunday so he was entitled to a little longer! The imprint of a head was regularly found on the pillow at Mum's side of the bed with the sheets in between the two pillows pristine and unruffled. Just before he died, he refused to go to the village hospital as he was poorly and there was much annoyed banging in the kitchen!

Dad died in the cottage hospital and I was sleeping on the sofa bed in his room. The nurses said that I should get some sleep as I would hear his breathing change but, nope, he too went quietly when he was effectively alone without an awake person by him and I was woken by the nurses after they came in to check on him and he had died. I find it rather amusing that his death certificate was signed by the same doctor who later signed the Queen's. Mum's might have been too, I'll have to check sometime.

I'm actually rather annoyed that neither of them have haunted me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A long time ago a friend of mine was dying. His sister and I sat by his bedside for hours waiting for the inevitable but he kept going. A nurse came on duty for the night shift and she said that she had been doing the job for a long time and whilst you hear stories about people hanging on waiting till their loved ones to arrive it also happens the other way. Some people who don’t want to cause a fuss and upset for people will wait to be alone. After that I told him that if that was what he wanted now was his chance but if he was still there in the morning he would be stuck with me. He died a couple of hours later when he was sure we were gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I find it creepy that someone I knew in my past will suddenly pop into my thoughts and I may not have seen them for years and I will bump into that person within 24 hours its so weird and has happened so many times

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I find it creepy that someone I knew in my past will suddenly pop into my thoughts and I may not have seen them for years and I will bump into that person within 24 hours its so weird and has happened so many times
Same! It’s very eerie. Sometimes they’ll contact me or I’ll hear they’ve died.

Reactions: 9
I often think of people randomly out of the blue and then either see them or find out something significant about them. The other month my childhood friends mum came into my head as she was the only person I would let wash my hair when I was little. I looked her up on social media and it was her funeral that day.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So this technically didn’t happen to me but it happened to my sister. You have to understand that my sister is very rational and scientifically minded, she doesn’t really believe in the paranormal. She trained as a forensics scientist and is one of those “if I can’t see/feel it, it doesn’t exist” types. I’ve always felt a ‘presence’ in my childhood house but I never actually saw anything. I always felt a weird energy in the dining room and didn’t like being in there after dark, but I can’t explain why.

It was about 6pm in November/December, it was as already pitch black outside. I was in the kitchen chatting with my mum whilst she made a Sunday Roast. The kitchen door was shut to. My sister had been shopping in town and was due home. She rings the doorbell, I make to go and answer the door but just finish up my conversation with mum. Probably take 10-15 seconds max. In the meantime my sister goes mad and starts ringing the door bell repeatedly. My mum scowls and I go out across the hall to the front door.

I open the door and ask my sister what does she think she’s playing at. She scowls at me and shouts “what do YOU think you’re playing at”. I say something along the lines of “What? I was just finishing my conversation of with mum, I was barely 20 seconds”. To which she replied “no, I saw you come down the stairs, look through the window at me, and then walk into the dining room”.

The layout of our house was that the staircase lead into the hall way, the front door led into the hallway, and the dining room was adjacent to the staircase. In our front door was a small frosted glass window.

Confused, I reply “no, I was in the kitchen, ask mum if you don’t believe me”. Then her face went white. She explained she saw a figure, about my height, come down the stairs, walk past the door, look at her through the window, then go into the dining room. She tried to rationalise it saying she must have imagined it but we said that’s a big thing to imagine, to which she said “yeah I suppose it is”.

• Wow
Reactions: 19