Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Sorry @DuckDuck for my rant last night, I was a little tired and the bottle of wine I quaffed at warp speed, probably didn't help my mood, lol.
Have you got your parcel yet?
And thanks for starting this thread. Everyone who has posted has had me howling, in a good way, empathise with you all, just funny to read others frustrations.

Must add I had a right day at work today, too much to tap out on my phone. All I can say is customer service is a wonderful job, nothing surprises me about people now, human nature is truly amazing Haha.
Watching my favourite boxset ever now just to chill, 'Spaced'. I know it word for word.
Ciao Ciao xx
Don’t apologise .. you did nothing wrong ... that’s what this is here for ranting .. rant away lovely ❤... no .. no blimmin parcel .. the catalogue team were supposed to ring me within 48 hours .., I’ll be on the phone Monday if they haven’t rung .. it definitely never turned up at the click and collect they are saying . So it lays with the driver

Reactions: 1

mochibean

VIP Member
will this government ever learn?!
Seems not.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

They're insane. And sadly it's costing people their lives.

• Angry

Petesgirl

We had a long and tedious struggle to get my elderly in-laws to employ a new dog walker for their very nervous rescue dog. A family member was walking her before, but he was so unreliable and never turned up when he said he would. They were constantly moaning about him and we would say just employ another dog walker, problem solved. We finally managed to persuade them to do this and noticed on Facebook that an old schoolmate runs a dog walking business with her husband. Great we thought, we messaged her and explained that the dog is nervous, no problem apparently. We gave her their phone number and she said she would ring them the next day. This was on Monday and she hasn't rung, we have sent her messages via Facebook, no response, even though she has opened them. We have now found someone else, but is so annoying and made us look like dicks. If you didn't want the job after all have the courtesy to let us know it is not a problem, it is just so rude.

My Outlook account at work keeps crashing and stays disconnected for ages, usually when I have an important email to send...

Rxt156

VIP Member
I feel your pain, kids next door run/bang/scream 24/7 I swear. It honestly doesn’t bother me that much it’s just the nighttimes I lose my rag and get so annoyed about it... but then come the morning I have calmed down so never say anything!
Aghhh sooo frustrating isn’t it!!! How can they be so unaware. The man is a teacher so he has a huge booming voice which is even better 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Luckily it stops after about 8ish which must be when she goes to bed *phew*

Marie95

Put too much syrup in my coffee, can feel the diabetes starting already
My husband had the audacity to set three alarms between 4.30 and 5am for work this morning. It's ok if I do it for the gym, but the bravery of that man.
My cat is asleep on my lap and I really want some food, I am that cat mum who simply can't wake my baby up.
Prawn cocktail + salt and vinegar quavers still aren't at my Tesco

Pizzledizzle

My mental health :( keep having horrible thoughts and stuff and making me panic and feel awful :(
Im so sorry you’re in that place right now. Please reach out & speak to your GP, I’ve been there too & it does get better with a little help. Be kind to yourself.

• Heart

Rxt156

VIP Member
No this wasn't an issue at all, the role wasn't challenging, I get on well with my current colleagues but I can't say I'll miss them. What industry are you in? Are you close with your workmates? I still keep in touch with my colleagues from my previous work that closed last summer via a group chat. We all left at the same time though so it was a nice thing to carry on and we added a few more into our existing old team group chat.
Thanks for getting back to me 😄! I like my work friends and we get on well but we don’t talk outside of work at all really.
I work in education. This role is teaching an older age group at another institution.
I feel very comfortable where I am now which is good but also I think I should challenge myself.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Forgetting to take a pound for the trolley, and having to go home again and get one as had no other cast on me to get change.

Some good career opportunities have come up at work, you need to write a proposal why you want to be considered and have support from your line manager. I emailed my boss explaining I’d done previously in my previous post but no formal qualification to back up skills and experience and it could benefit our team as a whole. Was told not in the business plan and not really relevant to me as an administrator. Had a much better job elsewhere before children but needed to take part time local job for my own sanity. Am now in a position where I’d like to progress my career.
So this morning I have had it confirmed that I can’t do the course but I can discuss it at my next appraisal (in December...). I was told no capacity to release me as were so busy but in the same ticket why not ask what the company can do to put something in place? Then (and I don’t have proof of this as it was said in conversation between by boss and line manager) it was commented about not releasing me to do the course because I am part time! Wtaf? I have the same rights as a ft member of staff. My boss said other people have been told no for other courses and paid to do them theirselves (yeah ft members of staff that don’t have dependent children).

• Sad

VIP Member
I had to look that up .. bloody hell how dangerous ! .. things like that don’t belong on the road ..
They don't but like with e-scooters, people will use anything on the road, even if it's illegal.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Same here...and it leaves horrible fibres ...at least on light stuff you can give it a shake and carry on. Instead I have to pic the bits out of machine, shake and put on a rinse cycle . Super annoying.
Yeah and it makes such a mess everywhere. On the bright side, at least you don't regularly accidentally wash money you've left in your pockets 😹

• Sad

bupbupamericano

That’s insane I hope she appeals!
How did this actually happen though? You’re allowed out of your house - she could have been going to the shop surely? Why did they pull her over in the first place? Very strange.
I guess they’re being “cautious”, but there are many other people driving around actually going somewhere they shouldn’t. She was just driving 😒

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
100% just make sure they're different! I made myself a carrot cake for my birthday and my boyfriend ordered me a chocolate one - best birthday ever!
Omg I absolutely love carrot cake. I could eat an entire one right now. I haven’t had it in forever

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
I used to be a teacher, lots of my family are teachers. I work from home, I am extremely lucky and far less likely compared to my sister to catch covid. It seems so unfair.

And I would give my jab to my sister in a heartbeat if I could.

Oh people will cry discrimination. Even Nadim zahawi said it was not how we do it in the UK and discriminative to treat people different because they refuse the vaccine 🤦🏼‍♀️ and this is meant to be the man heading up the vaccination roll out.
Well I'm gonna be exercising my discrimination and not going near anyone who refuses the vaccine. Meh do me for bigatory

Last edited:

1001 others

VIP Member
Our neighbours have right of way access across one part of our driveway (to get to a paddock that's on our side, which they own). Today it was covered in cow shit and when I got out my car to close the gate in that area I stepped right into it (I didn't see it). I don't want to make a big thing of it but I'm really cross as the shoes I was wearing are pretty much ruined.

• Sad