Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

User_name_100

my boyfriend thinking he's funny when he makes fun of me in front of other people and that it makes him cool for some reason
I would actually consider ending this relationship. That's horrible behaviour and I wouldn't stand for it. I hope you're okay.

Thank you. It came out of the blue. I know we hadn't known each other for long but FFS don't just randomly text me saying you've got your ex pregnant and expect me to stick around. 😅 I turned into the ice queen as soon as he admitted it and thought about my reply as in the past I would have gone at a guy in this situation with both barrels. This time around I was cool, calm and collected and just replied with 'thank you for telling me, I wish you well with fatherhood.' He kept messaging me after asking 'is that it? Is that all you're going to say?' I've not replied LOL.
I love the fact I've left the situation with my dignity and I'm quite proud of myself. 😅
Update to this.... He's back. He tried calling me this morning, I didn't answer. I then had two WhatsApp messages from him asking to talk. Lol no.
Blocked.
Good lord, why would I want to get involved? His ex is pregnant and he's unsure on whether he wants to be with her or continue with me. He needs to do the responsible thing here and be a father to his child.
I'm actually shocked he thinks I would hang around. This has heartache written all over it if I did stay.

Just ranting again but it's therapeutic.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

BelleAmie

VIP Member
That I’m really tired, falling asleep on the sofa tired, but as soon as I go to bed I’m wide awake :cautious:

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I know this is really tiny in the scheme of things but it’s my 30th birthday next week, I had plans to make my own cake because I do as a hobby and have done all our families cakes for the last few years - my mum tells me today she’s baking my cake (never baked a cake in her life) and will drop it off on my door step for my birthday.
I know she’s just trying to be nice but I know exactly what I wanted my cake to be like. I’m aware I sound very spoilt but with not being able to even go for a drink or dinner for my 30th a pretty cake was something I was looking forward too.

Pinkblush

VIP Member
I used to groan on journeys at "how long more till we get there, mum?"

07.15 this morning
"Is it still lockdown, mum?"
😩🤐

• Haha
  • Heart

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Nipped to corner shop, forgot mask 🤦. Big sign saying masks must be worn 😷. Maskless shop keeper coughing all over sweet section😡

• Sick
  • Angry

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Video calls at 9am. I'm barely awake and look like shit, and of course everyone has cameras on. Leave me to drink my coffee in peace with my camera off ffs!

• Heart

DuckDuck

VIP Member
I agree with birdiefly, they are not your parents . My husband is close to his parents but he doesn’t call them everyday , there’s nothing to say if no one is going out . I understand they probably all miss each other But if my husband is on the phone to his parents and I’m in the same room I say hi and that’s it .. if I’m not in the same room he certainly doesn’t get the hump or ask me why I haven’t spoken to them .

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
The fact that my other half’s phone is seemingly glued to his hand! Even when I ask for a hand moving something he’s still staring into it with the other! It’s like having a third wheel in the relationship sometimes 😫

• Angry
  • Sad
Him leaving shit in toilet smelling out the bathroom. Yes dont flush toilet in morning if it's a number 1 so don't wake others up. But 2's 🤮😷 rather them flushed

• Haha
  • Sick

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
So!
i appreciate we’re on lockdown and everyone is missing their family, HOWEVER! my boyfriend has facetimed his parents every night for the last week and does it intentionally when I mention I’m bored so that I can be in on the call with no excuse, so I usually have to sit there for 30-90 minutes grinning into a small screen and dying for the call to end. We have JUST gotten in from an hour long run (i know it’s late but yno) and as soon as we get in the door, his dad facetimes him! I refused to be on camera due to my red face and need for a shower and received quiteeee a few passive aggressive comments because I wouldn’t be in on the call, but surely after a week of facetime calls with no developments in either of our personal life’s, another one was surely abit excessive!! We live in a small apartment so I went for a “shower” (aka 10 min shower and 55 minute stand in the bathroom on my phone) until the call ended and I have just been confronted on why i’ve avoided speaking to his parents.

I know they miss him but before the last few months they never even bothered with him! I do like his parents and love speaking to them when we have things to say but I’m tired of facetiming them every night for no reason, am I bad person?:(
OMG this would wind me up so much. I always avoid my husband's parents when he Facetimes them because I can't be arsed with the pointless conversation since no one is going anywhere/doing anything. Oh and the fact they always seem surprised to see him. It says on your phone before you answer it FFS.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Does she call every day, twice a day? I purposely don’t even answer the phone when my MIL calls.
Yeah, I ignore her when she rings just me. But my fella answers. They are super close. It makes me cringe admitting it but he has a Mum tattoo 🥴 proper Mummys boy. It does my head in 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Another one from me today. My boss has taken my lunchbox out of the fridge and put it on the worktop because he wanted his lunch in the fridge and mine was in the way (it's a small under counter fridge). Firstly, if he'd have removed the 4 out of date yoghurts which belong to him he'd had fit his in with mine (the yoghurts I've purposely been ignoring because it's not my fucking job to clean his shit out the fridge) and secondly, how about using a bit of consideration and coming and asking me if he could remove my lunch!?

• Angry
  • Sick

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Not being able to go to my granny's funeral on Wednesday because of covid BUT more so people breaking lock down rules so I can't go 😥

The stupidity of the media and people thinking now we've vaccinated 15 million people all lock down rules can be lifted 🤦🏼‍♀️ seems so many ppl don't understand how a virus works ie it takes time for your immune system to kick in, only 500,000 have been given the second jab, we are a nation of 60 million it's gonna take until next year to really relax lock down rules

Some people moaning they have to quarantine in hotels. Why oh why didn't the gov implementation this a year ago.

Thanks for the rant

• Heart
  • Sad

nbt

VIP Member
My boyfriend commenting on my shit attempt to parallel park.

Yes, I fucked it. I have 3 kids in the back of the car who never STFU, the radio is on, I have a car either side of me who is also probably judging me and I’m paranoid that all the people who live on that street are probably watching this shit show going on.

So you getting impatient and saying “why don’t you just go and park over there” doesn’t help. Fuck off, you don’t even have a license yourself!!

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Have the worst headache today and I cant deal with these neighbours anymore. I swear they sit right up against my wall and screech into the phone?! I can hear both their conversation and whoever they are speaking to. Please just shut up 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Local news reports of idiots having to be rescued from the various mountain ranges just down the road from me here in the Lake District National Park.

Not least cretins who have become "disorientated" while walking up Scafell Pike in inappropriate clothing, no hot drinks, no blankets, and thinking that their phones will be able to work in such appalling weather! And above all this isn't a form of "daily exercise" as part of the current lockdown rules :rolleyes:

So the mountain rescue teams are called out, risking life and limb to find these ungrateful Muppets free of charge :mad:

Meh

Chatty Member
What’s annoying me today?

Fucking lockdown.

Have finally reached my limit. Can’t have a drive and a wander on a quiet expanse of beach. Can’t go for a meal out or do anything other than sit in the house/ sit in the house working.

It’s fine for family members to be forced to travel for “essential work” Monday to Friday but, heaven forbid, they/we head 4 miles West into the neighbouring Local Authority to visit a park.

It can all bloody piss off. The slowness of reducing lockdown can do one. Now we’re seeing stories in the fear rags that stay local may be a thing going forward. No fucking chance. 😡🙄

• Heart