What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The finale of Derry girls 😂 they could have made it a happy occasion but they didn’t and I didn’t want to cry tonight!!

Reactions: 1
My kid has a cold and his constant sniffing is killing me. I've developed an epic eye twitch that would shame Chief Inspector Dreyfuss (showing my age here!)

People who think they know more about my job and my area of expertise than I do. Nah, don’t think so mate. Jog on.

My 16yo son refusing to take personal responsibility for anything. It's always someone elses fault. It's something we seem to have failed at.

Reactions: 1
The fact that after having a baby and you've gone back to normal size soon after, you're not allowed to post a photo of yourself or be in any photos shortly after birth looking slim because people will jump on you telling you that's not a normal after giving birth! Honestly I'm so sick ot posts from women showing themselves bigger than they was pre pregnancy and saying how that is the normal and basically if you don't look like that then it's not....apparently you're giving other people wrong expectations. Bullshit. Some women bounce back straight away and some don't....its how different bodies are....and either is absolutely fine. People are jumping on the bandwagon saying of 'but society says we should bounce back quickly after giving birth'
No...society does not say that at all, people are just throwing that around because they've seen people say that...without knowing if it's true or not. Lets just normalise both and stop making women who went back into their size jeans the day after giving birth feel like they can't look like that because the offended brigade who didn't will show off!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The fact that after having a baby and you've gone back to normal size soon after, you're not allowed to post a photo of yourself or be in any photos shortly after birth looking slim because people will jump on you telling you that's not a normal after giving birth! Honestly I'm so sick ot posts from women showing themselves bigger than they was pre pregnancy and saying how that is the normal and basically if you don't look like that then it's not....apparently you're giving other people wrong expectations. Bullshit. Some women bounce back straight away and some don't....its how different bodies are....and either is absolutely fine. People are jumping on the bandwagon saying of 'but society says we should bounce back quickly after giving birth'
No...society does not say that at all, people are just throwing that around because they've seen people say that...without knowing if it's true or not. Lets just normalise both and stop making women who went back into their size jeans the day after giving birth feel like they can't look like that because the offended brigade who didn't will show off!
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! I’m nowhere near ready to have children, but I hope to someday! This has always really bothered me.. if you ‘bounce back’ immediately then you’re a terrible selfish mother who spent more time worrying about her diet than her newborn, and if you carry some extra weight for a while afterwards, you’re lazy and can’t be bothered to take care of yourself. Drives me insane

• Heart
Reactions: 7
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! I’m nowhere near ready to have children, but I hope to someday! This has always really bothered me.. if you ‘bounce back’ immediately then you’re a terrible selfish mother who spent more time worrying about her diet than her newborn, and if you carry some extra weight for a while afterwards, you’re lazy and can’t be bothered to take care of yourself. Drives me insane
Yep! If anyone dares say that they want to work out after their baby is born....they r a terrible mother and shouldn't care about their extra weight?? But why the hell not?? If someone is uncomfortable with the way they may look then why shouldn't they be able to feel that and work out? If you are happy with it.....that's awesome too!! I just hate seeing all this crap about basically if you don't have excess weight after then it's not normal, u simply MUST put weight on and then flaunt it. If you don't, don't u dare show anyone cus you're clearly doing it to make others feel bad 😒

Reactions: 2
But I really am knackered, still recovering from Major Surgery.
Same here
I’m fuming
I had a major operation literally two weeks ago, I’ve just come to have a lie down and my husband decided to vacuum the whole house and then specifically round our bedroom telling me “ you said wake you up in an hour”
Oh no I bleeping didn’t
So yeah I’m bleeping fed up now
Oh and of people trivialising my op and banging on about when they had something done 20 years ago
Oh and work making me feel guilty but then saying “ don’t rush back” . If they are not careful I just
‘ might’ take the three months off I’m supposed to
Oh and I’m sick of people asking how I am not because they are concerned but because they want me to say I am fine now and back to normal
Oh and I’m bleeping knackered as well

that feels better 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Told my brother doctors have ruled out me having one medical condition but confirmed another. "That's good news then". How? I don't think he even bothered to read what I said. Hard to believe we were once so astonishingly close.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've been contracted on a project which is ending soon, so all the fixed term staffers are obviously 'leaving' at various points as people get new jobs. Endless, really endless 'collection pots' in my emails needing contributions. We are all leaving! The project is ending! I can't afford contributing to 15 or so pots. I've already emailed saying if anyone is planning to do one for me please don't. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.