What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
London hotels are so f*cking expensive. Why over £200 for 1 night at a Premier Inn??
We usually stay outside the centre as the main ones are so expensive! Brixton is a good one and the tube is near to it so easy to get everywhere. Also kings cross premier inn hub is better priced tho I find the rooms a bit small for comfort

Chaotic mornings trying to get out the door with two kids who fight about everything. 😫

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm in a pickle - I have a huge job interview tomorrow at 1pm but my managers thought to set up a call at 1pm for me to have my first "thought leadership" presentation. I was due to take the afternoon off and I don't know what to do now.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I'm in a pickle - I have a huge job interview tomorrow at 1pm but my managers thought to set up a call at 1pm for me to have my first "thought leadership" presentation. I was due to take the afternoon off and I don't know what to do now.
Just tell your managers you are taking the afternoon off and will have to reschedule the meeting. Had you already booked annual leave?

Reactions: 4
Just tell your managers you are taking the afternoon off and will have to reschedule the meeting. Had you already booked annual leave?
Thank you.

I just booked it this morning thinking the meeting was Thursday. Then I double-checked my calendar and realized it's actually tomorrow. So effectively, I booked the afternoon off after they sent their invite (which could look like I'm trying to get out of it but I'm not).

My messy neighbours again, they use the garden hose and afterwards just dump it in front
of the shed. That huge empty cardboard box is still outside after a week. They now have an
outdoors clothes dryer which was badly placed and is so high they need a step ladder to
out the clothes on the dryer. They don't have a bleeping clue.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Why does everything have to be done over the internet these days? Unfortunately, I've had to ask my Doctors surgery for a fit/sick note recently. Rather than discussing this with a Doctor face to face, I was told that I would get a call back from one.
In the meantime I was sent a form to fill in, to explain the reasons why I needed one. I filled it in and submitted it. Then I waited for the call back which never came. So I phoned back, and they agreed to supply the fit/sick note. This all happened, without having to see a Doctor face to face.
I will admit that my call was urgent, and I might have put them on the spot (unintentional). But surely this can't be right?
I finally got to speak to a Doctor today, who phoned me unexpectedly. It was a postive conversation, and a step forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've just popped into a fast food chain, only to have my peace shattered by irritating music in the background.

• Sad
NatWest still not sorted out it's glitch which has taken multiple payments and put people in unarranged overdrafts.... hope they aren't expecting ppl to pay for that. It nearly two days now, still not sorted ffs

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The new Nationwide adverts. Well, Nationwide adverts in general but the new ones make me want to throw my remote at the TV everytime 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I cba to argue with my husband any more.
I'm exhausted from work. He does nothing around the house and everything is an argument 🙄 even when he is agreeing with what I am saying he doesnt acknowledge I have said it, he just shouts his opinion at me as if I am arguing the opposite.
His whole family are like this but he fails to see it

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I cba to argue with my husband any more.
I'm exhausted from work. He does nothing around the house and everything is an argument 🙄 even when he is agreeing with what I am saying he doesnt acknowledge I have said it, he just shouts his opinion at me as if I am arguing the opposite.
His whole family are like this but he fails to see it
I would record the conversation and let him listen to what he says.

• Haha
I’m constantly exhausted and I don’t know why.

My house needs a good tidy, I’m day off today (bar some WFH stuff I need to do) - but I just can’t find the energy to do anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.