What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s from the Bad Girls Club 😆 Watching it will kill off your brain cells. All of them.
Usually I would pass on something like that but I'll have a look. Anything that can make me laugh at this point is worth it.

--

What's annoying me? My mind. It is "on" until I fall asleep which I'm struggling with. I have to be up at 6am for work and I'm beyond exhausted. My mind is my own worse enemy right now. My sleep has been crap on and off for nearly 8 months. I'm wondering when I'll catch a break. 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Usually I would pass on something like that but I'll have a look. Anything that can make me laugh at this point is worth it.

--

What's annoying me? My mind. It is "on" until I fall asleep which I'm struggling with. I have to be up at 6am for work and I'm beyond exhausted. My mind is my own worse enemy right now. My sleep has been crap on and off for nearly 8 months. I'm wondering when I'll catch a break. 😪
Friends is funny - this show was ratchet 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3

--

This was me but after I brought some blue light glasses I find I have less and less of them. I work myself up all night but after wearing the blue light glasses it’s like a small part of my brain is relaxed

• Heart
When dropping my son off at primary school:

Parents who block the classroom door and speak to the teacher for ages so that my son can't get into the classroom. Im gonna say something tomorrow but im not good with confrontation 😖

• Sad
I think my manager is really trying to tell me something through his behavior.

Ever since Thursday, when I ping him "Hi, how are you" and then proceed to my business question, he will answer the "How are you" and ghost me afterwards with no answer to my business question. He's simply refusing to answer any business questions, which is starting to raise real red flags for me because it sounds as though he no longer wants to waste his time on me (which makes me wonder if they want to give me the cut altogether).

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I think my manager is really trying to tell me something.

Ever since Thursday, when I ping me "Hi, how are you" and then proceed to my business question, he will answer the "How are you" and ghost me afterwards with no answer to my business question. He's simply refusing to answer any business questions, which is starting to raise real red flags for me.
Maybe he just wants to talk about his feelings 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My left contact lens has got a pinhole in it. It is sore and i can't see properly and I have no spares and no specs with me. It is making me grumpy and squinty and I hate squinting because I am of a certain age where I constantly stress about wrinkles! Lol

Reactions: 1
Rudeness.

I organized a call with myself and two other people. I greeted both of them saying "Hi *name*, Hi *name*" and one of the attendees only greeted the other person and not me. That's rude.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
My MIL has asked my husband if she can take our boys to mass on Christmas eve, she is Irish and Catholic, but only remembers she is Catholic when it comes to Christmas Mass. She is the least Catholic person I know and Christmas eve is our daughters birthday. That would be a no.

Reactions: 5
When dropping my son off at primary school:

Parents who block the classroom door and speak to the teacher for ages so that my son can't get into the classroom. Im gonna say something tomorrow but im not good with confrontation 😖
I hate confrontation but saying "excuse me please" isn't confrontational in any shape or form

duck sake twit, get out of the sodding way, might be though 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have tried 2x now to find a job suggestion using an online test. It can’t compute results for me ☹ Last time I took this test it suggested exactly the career I’m in. But I am a changed woman! I have complex tastes and a better understanding of my needs!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Work, what else.

The project I'm managing has turned into me having to do all the work instead of the assigned resources. The Operations person who is meant to perform specific preliminary tasks is the most useless individual I have ever met and will literally not action anything until a week later when we have our weekly call. That's when this person starts actioning things in front of me through a screen-share. This person is more senior than I am. I don't need to sit there to watch her action things she could have actioned autonomously when the request was first sent.

Anyways, I asked my supporting resources to perform certain tasks in the system after the person above did her bit. After several chasers and sweat, they managed to get it all done ... until we realized there was a technical issue in the system that my managers should have known about and never warned me (I'm rather new to the system and they've already gone through a similar project before, so they should have known!). This means all the work done by the supporting resources has gone down the drain and we need to create certain items from scratch. This re-do should be done by the Operations person I mentioned above, but this person so useless that my manager suggested I do it myself instead (not my job, but we're running out of time). I then reached out to the Operations person to warn them I'm going to action XYZ due to the urgency and asked for their green light as it's against process. This person said: "Please ensure everything is correct when you perform XYZ" - LOL, this person delayed so much stuff and never actioned anything on time and they're worried about me inputting incorrect information. I'm actually doing them a favor by absorbing their task to save us time and they're switching the tables bossing me around.

I went from project manager to performing every person's task on my own (the work of my resources, the work of the supporting Operations counterpart). I started my career in project management and this is not project management at all. I went from sending instructions to doing the work myself. I don't mind jumping in, but now I'm absorbing everyone's work because of a piece of information that was never disclosed to me and I was given incorrect instructions. I'm losing my mind because of course, it's always easier to do things yourself, but that's not how you run a project. It defeats the purpose altogether. Mind-blowing, truly.

(Sorry, I'm long winded - I don't have a partner to listen to me, so typing my thoughts is very cathartic these days!)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
My husband has put some tit on TV and is sitting on the sofa with his eyes closed 😐. When I say go to bed, you're asleep, he says no I'm not, opens his eyes for 2 minutes and does it again. I will give him one more chance before I lob my phone at him.
Piss off to bed so I can watch sex and the city 🖕🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My neighbour has chosen now to put a floodlight on and start using a whacker plate on their new brick weave 😊

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Husband has taken to getting a cheese triangle wrapping it in a slice of ham and eating it like a little amuse bouche when peckish. Its really effing me off as I end up with nothing to put on the kids sandwiches 😡

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.