What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new manager in my team is thick as tit and already I get the vibe that they thought they were joining a team where they wouldn’t have to do anything. I stepped up while the post was vacated and took on some work from the remit and now I’m handing it back, this new person doesn’t know what to do. Apparently.

Tough tit. I’m so glad I’m going on leave in a couple of days and leaving this new person to it. Won’t have any other choice other than doing it then the absolute head 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My SIL being such a nosey cow! i tagged my partner in something on FB, and wrote “must be our lucky number”. She must have saw it in her feed so text him “what is Wilma on about”. He ignored. She text the MIL “why is that Wilma and Fred’s lucky number” MIL, who isn’t on Facebook, replied “no idea what you mean.” She then text her partner who works with my partner “can you ask Fred what Wilma means”

go away you absolute cretin

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My car has flashed up another error saying something or other is wrong with it. duck off and then duck off some more, I don’t wanna know!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My SIL being such a nosey cow! i tagged my partner in something on FB, and wrote “must be our lucky number”. She must have saw it in her feed so text him “what is Wilma on about”. He ignored. She text the MIL “why is that Wilma and Fred’s lucky number” MIL, who isn’t on Facebook, replied “no idea what you mean.” She then text her partner who works with my partner “can you ask Fred what Wilma means”

go away you absolute cretin
She sounds absolutely insufferable 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Recruiters have sunk to a whole new low. They are now reaching out to me for GRADUATE programmes when it's clearly visible from my profile I have 6+ years experience in the financial services industry. They even asked to schedule a phone call. For what purpose? Get a grip now!
At the risk of sounding like an antagonistic bastard, if I was desperate for a job, I would consider anything even if I had six years experience.

Reactions: 4
Family members🤬

My father’s health is not good. He relies on my mother more & this upsets him. He is very depressed & feels like a burden. I do as much as l can to help them both. He phones me several times a day when l don’t pop in. Just for a chat & a laugh. If we didn’t laugh we would cry.

Anyway my aunt (father’s sister) & her husband are coming to visit. Im dreading it. Really can’t be bothered with the falseness & lets pretend. All for show! Plus with my father’s health its the last thing we need. Ive also found out their is a family celebration weekend that we are not invited too. Im Hurt & angry. More for my parents especially my father. My father will be so upset & l don’t want to tell him. I know he will find out as someone will let it slip. I want to have it out with my aunt & cousin! Im so angry at them. Especially as the snobby aunt, uncle & cousin with their family are all going who ignore my parents. As they think they are above & so much better. Arseholes🤬 Families 🤬

• Sad
My ex texted me asking for a certain she left here nearly a year ago. Like duck off and don’t text me I absolutely despise you, I hope you turn blue you cheating bleep

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Trying to finish cleaning the house before we go away this morning and my bloody Zoflora spray has just leaked absolutely everywhere 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 5
At the risk of sounding like an antagonistic bastard, if I was desperate for a job, I would consider anything even if I had six years experience.
It does sound antagonistic haha.

Truth be told though - I can understand recruiters might also prey on people who are "actively looking", but in this case, they should target profiles properly such as people who have the "open to work" mention on their profile or those who do not seem to have an consistent track record This recruiter needs to tailor their search to the specific industry the job sits in. You can't contact someone with a banking/legal background for a job that requires education in Computer Science/IT. It's nonsensical and a waste of everyone's time.

Desperate or not desperate, there has to be some kind of consistency unless you're looking for a career change. Not to mention, no one can live on a graduate salary as a single adult in Dublin or London (if you're married or living with a partner/at your parents, it's a different ballgame altogether). If you're willing to take a 50K salary cut, then you might certainly have a good financial cushion somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've had a really stressful morning with my brother crying, my laptop not turning on and I just want to go back to bed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I received two EU Digital COVID Certificates. One yesterday evening and one this morning. The reference is exactly the same except for the last digit. I already loaded the first one into my COVID Tracker App. I don't know if it's still valid therefore 😕

Some people are waiting weeks/days to get theirs and I'm getting two. At least, I'm sure I have at least one somewhere.

Drank a bit too much at a wedding this weekend and that makes me extremely sociable. That would be fine, but I messaged some people who I cut off last year asking if they wanted to meet up. Yeah I miss them, but sober me knows I’m so much better without them being in my life. Not really sure where to go from here and wish I never sent the message lol, feel like it’s awkward regardless

It's annoying me how tit I've been feeling the last couple of weeks, seriously tired and sleep 7-10h every night. I've had a tension headache for the last two weeks also, can't focus on work and things are piling up

• Heart
  • Sad
It's annoying me how tit I've been feeling the last couple of weeks, seriously tired and sleep 7-10h every night. I've had a tension headache for the last two weeks also, can't focus on work and things are piling up
Get a blood test and see if your levels aren’t where they should be.

Reactions: 2
Is there anything more annoying than being told to smile by strangers?!

walking down street with pram (baby asleep) window cleaner shouted at me to cheer up and smile, what was the matter with me

to my knowledge I’m just walking with a ‘neutral’ face neither sad or manically grinning to myself

honestly what the hell

Reactions: 17
Is there anything more annoying than being told to smile by strangers?!

walking down street with pram (baby asleep) window cleaner shouted at me to cheer up and smile, what was the matter with me

to my knowledge I’m just walking with a ‘neutral’ face neither sad or manically grinning to myself

honestly what the hell
It’s always older men who do this , it’s the male privilege rearing it’s ugly head and some men thinking they have the right to tell women how to think or feel and not expecting you to offer a reply.

I’m a mum of young men and I know it wouldn’t occur to them to say something like this out loud, it’s maddening that it still happens.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I just went into my online learning activity portal at work which displays all the self-paced courses you've taken and includes a breakdown by skill set.

Then what do I see? Donald Trump as a skill-set!! Apparently, I took a course that involved Donald Trump. I don't recall this at all and certainly don't have a clue where this came from.

How can one get a skill-set from an incompetent person? Shocking it's classified as a skill-set to begin with.

Smh.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.