What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My next plan is to message and ask to collect/get them dropped off but she is not even reading my messages :rolleyes: (She is mobile so can't pop into the salon as there isn't one since covid)
Call her from a different phone. She could be choosing to ignore your number.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Some old guy started talking to me on a train. He was initially talking about ships and tourism coming back to an area but then diverted the conversation to ask if I was partial to a McDonalds/Hot Dog. and then started ranting about processed food. I tried to raise up things like the price of a fully non processed diet but it felt like he wasn't really listening. Also apparently claimed that a single hot dog takes 35 mins off someone's life.

It felt like I was talking to a male Gillian McKeith and that he was trying to lecture me with his own form of pseudoscience because he didn't feel I looked right (I've been overweight but have lost 5-6kg in the past 2 months and am continuing to do so).

My grandmother ate tons of rubbish but lived to 84 which I'd say is a good run.
That was in the papers, some foods add time some don’t, but hot dogs apparently are the worst

I stepped on a bee in my living room. Got massive swelling, pain and a bit of fever, can't walk because I have to keep ice on it all the time. A week before moving to another country, with nothing arranged yet except a flight.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My new kitten. I had forgotten how sharp their claws are and how much they love toes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My new kitten. I had forgotten how sharp their claws are and how much they love toes
When my cat was a kitten she loved nothing more than climbing up my mum's legs and one time it hurt so much my mum yelled at her. She felt so mean for being scary at a baby animal but on the plus side, the kitten never did it again after that.

• Haha
  • Sad
We're in lockdown at the moment and when it was announced, I asked my elderly mother - who I do not have a great relationship with - whether there was anything she needed grocery- or medication-wise, before it came into effect. I even offered to go and get her, for her to come and stay in our bubble.

Last night she called me in a right tizz ... she's all out of milk and bread, and can't find any pain. While on the phone, I tried putting through an online order but the first delivery date was for next Friday, so I told her she'll have to ask a neighbour to get those things for her (she has a good relationship with her neighbours, as well as her brother who lives closeby). She had a huge temper tantrum at that and slammed the phone down on me.

There is honestly nothing I can do. She lives a good hour away and we're not meant to travel unless it's for good reason. Before our last lockdown, we bought all her groceries for her - to the tune of hundreds of dollars - which she didn't even offer to pay us back for. She even gave away some of the treats we included, to other people to make herself look good!

I'm very annoyed with her. I tried calling but she's not picking up - I think she expects me to break the law and travel down to see her, which is definitely not happening. I actually won't be surprised if she does have all these things, as this is one of the many games she plays.

The last time I was this scared for humanity was in the direct aftermath of 9/11 when I was seventeen.

Can someone invent a time machine that works so I can go back to the early 1990s and stay there? I know there were all sorts of horrors going on then too but every day life for the average person certainly seemed less scary than it does now, from what I remember.
I found the 1990s depressing ... the 1980s, too. I was in a child in the 1970s but remember them well, and life really did feel full of potential and possibilities ... oh, to step back in time and be an adult then would be magnificent. Even the TV shows were better!

Backache. How can my back be so bad already (young)😂🤔 | 👵
This might sound silly, but it really helps!

Grab a door - literally, take it off its hinges - and place it on the floor; then proceed to lay down on it.

It really does something quite magical in fixing a sore back.

The fact I’m still alive. I just don’t see the point anymore. 😭😭😭😭
HANG IN THERE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Please call a help line - they are there to listen and provide support.

If you are unable to do that, please voluntarily admit yourself to hospital.

My next plan is to message and ask to collect/get them dropped off but she is not even reading my messages :rolleyes: (She is mobile so can't pop into the salon as there isn't one since covid)
I hope she's okay ... sounds a bit odd.

Last edited:
  • Sad
When people make sly digs.

Especially on this forum because I don't know if they are aimed at me or not

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Is it emoji related? , on a thread here some posters were misinterpreting the use of emojis and thought they were being got at.

Reactions: 1
When my cat was a kitten she loved nothing more than climbing up my mum's legs and one time it hurt so much my mum yelled at her. She felt so mean for being scary at a baby animal but on the plus side, the kitten never did it again after that.
When my cat was a kitten I was sitting on the pouffe in the living room minding my own business and out of nowhere he jumps onto my back and digs his claws in. My first reaction was to jump up and shout at the top of my lungs. I felt bad but he never pulled that tit again after that😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
An ex friend of mine messaged me yesterday, I replied and now she’s ignoring me.
Why bother in the first place? 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Someone did that today and I knew it was aimed at me as it was fairly specific to me and another member. They seemed to believe they were hiding their slyness behind cleverness when they posted a photo and a quote meme to me and someone else in a different thread like those of us from one thread don't read other threads. Just made themselves look an idiot IMO.

Reactions: 1
Sunday night fear. There's got to be more to life than working. I'm so anxious and I don't know why.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The 4th wisdom tooth has chosen to erupt quite a few years after the others, great fun...

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm hungry but didn't fancy anything I have in house so just had an Aldi's version of milky way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.