Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
currently getting my roots done in the hairdressers. not sure if i’m alone in this but i cant stand the hairdressers 😫 the small talk is so boring

• Heart
Reactions: 24

BonBon27

VIP Member
I was at a busy tourist place with the kids today, queueing for our turn to have a photo opp. A lady and her daughter went, another group followed them, then when the group had finished the lady’s daughter decided she wanted another picture so they stepped back in. We’d followed them around three other photo things and they’d taken their sweet time on all of them, the daughter definitely seemed to be getting everything she wanted in terms of poses and angles. My kids waited very patiently behind them, in the rain, but I was getting more and more annoyed that they were milking it instead of quick photo and move on like everyone else.
Anyway it seemed to me that their turn had finished, another group had been and it was our turn when she stepped back in. So I said “Sorry I think you’ve had your turn and you need to queue again”. Mum replied “oh she just wants a photo on her own on there”. To which I said “well then you should queue again, you’re jumping in front of us now when we’ve waited our turn”. She said “please be kind”. That annoyed me so much! When wasn’t I kind?? I didn’t swear, I didn’t insult her, I didn’t shout. I’m sick of “be kind” being thrown around when really what people mean is “shut up because you're calling me out on something I’m doing wrong and I don’t like it”. That annoyed me even more than the original problem of her thinking her daughter wanting photos was more important than all the other kids waiting!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

DrLoomis

Reading the agenda for a charity event I'm going to tomorrow. I don't think it is now a charity event but more of a hostage situation.

"Guests will arrive NO EARLIER than 2:55pm and you WILL NOT be admitted any later than 3:05pm" Good luck checking in 150 guests in the space of ten minutes!

"Guests with the GOLD PACKAGE will attend the WEST SUIT. Tickets WILL be checked. If you have SILVER or BRONZE you WILL go to the EAST SUIT. DO NOT MESS THIS UP!"

"Our opening reception will take place at 5:00pm NO EARLIER, DO NOT ASK FOR EARLY ACCESS!!! You will be asked to LEAVE if you try to access the event ANY EARLIER. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!"

You know what, I don't want to go now. Any instruction sent to me in capital letters with added red angry faces is something I don't want to be apart of, especially as they are trying to run a "professional charity event"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Pinkii

VIP Member
This might offend people who have this approach so look away if you’re into ‘gental parenting/positive parenting’

i followed a few pages on instagram because i do want to be a good parent and raise a well balanced kid and possibly not make the same mistakes my parents/their generation did (not that I think they did anything bad, but kept seeing how millenials are soft etc and blamed their parenting

honestly though seeing a few of the posts and i’m like WTF, if you take the approach of these so called ‘experts’ imo you will be raising very fragile/soft and self entitled humans.

i came to this conclusion seeing the kids around me (friends/family)who have no manners, who are self entitled and think the world should revolve around them and generally brats and the one thing they all have in common!? their parents all use the gentle parenting approach of never telling them off, always letting them have a say in EVERYTHING.

don’t get me wrong some aspects i like, i do want my daughters to talk about their feelings and be open but at the same time, if they do something wrong they need to be told off, and have consequences for their actions.

• Heart
I need to leave my relationship but I haven’t got the guts! So frustrating as I’ve done everything for my self and my children from day one! My partner has always been absent, and with the kids too.

• Sad
  • Heart

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Is there anything more annoying than being told to smile by strangers?!

walking down street with pram (baby asleep) window cleaner shouted at me to cheer up and smile, what was the matter with me

to my knowledge I’m just walking with a ‘neutral’ face neither sad or manically grinning to myself

honestly what the hell

Reactions: 17

Scottish Care Bear

This might offend people who have this approach so look away if you’re into ‘gental parenting/positive parenting’

i followed a few pages on instagram because i do want to be a good parent and raise a well balanced kid and possibly not make the same mistakes my parents/their generation did (not that I think they did anything bad, but kept seeing how millenials are soft etc and blamed their parenting

honestly though seeing a few of the posts and i’m like WTF, if you take the approach of these so called ‘experts’ imo you will be raising very fragile/soft and self entitled humans.

i came to this conclusion seeing the kids around me (friends/family)who have no manners, who are self entitled and think the world should revolve around them and generally brats and the one thing they all have in common!? their parents all use the gentle parenting approach of never telling them off, always letting them have a say in EVERYTHING.

don’t get me wrong some aspects i like, i do want my daughters to talk about their feelings and be open but at the same time, if they do something wrong they need to be told off, and have consequences for their actions.
I have family members whose kids are brats! No manners! Scream at you! Hit you! No respect whatsoever! One even bit me & l mean a proper bite left teeth marks & broke the skin! I was too shocked. The child laughed & said “I Bite You!” Was he told it was wrong? No! He is showing his affection! Affection by biting! I don’t think so!

Another family member fell out with you when you told her child off when he was younger. He has zero respect for her now. Suspended from school. Caught with weed at school. Ran away because she told him off! He swore at my kids at a family do & l told him off. Told him it was very rude & he was behaving like a spoilt brat. He was shocked at first & apologised. She was raging but l didn’t care. Fed up with his behaviour & her making excuses.

Kids can be brought up to be respectful, polite & have manners. To know right from wrong without being smacked.

• Heart

uglybettybetty

VIP Member
Right now my mum is annoying me. She made a comment today about my legs and ever since I’ve been thinking about it. I’ve been quite self conscious of my legs, very rarely have them out. I recently started to feel more confident after starting to workout, and today I wore a t shirt dress! My mum immediately started staring at my legs, and said “you really need to lose weight.. look at your veins!!” (I have varicose veins, it’s a big insecurity of mine) it immediately made me feel crushed and I’ve felt annoyed ever since because it feels like I’ll never be able to feel confident

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

DinosaursLayEggs

Went to two weddings this year at the same venue and the second bride keeps asking me who’s wedding I thought was better (both brides don’t know each other). Obviously I’m not going to answer that so I keep saying they were both lovely and very different from each other, etc, but she keeps pushing for an answer, and I can just feel myself being close to snapping. Why does it even matter?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I try and teach my children that there is no need to be scared of Spiders...I just put my bag on and a huge spider came running out and down me I screamed and threw my bag on the floor while slapping myself. Infront of the kids. Undone all my hard work 🤣 I'm not even scared of Spiders but it was huge, at least 2 inches

• Haha
  • Wow

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
My partner again. It's his serious lack of common sense that's pissing me right off. I don't understand how he fucks up the smallest and simplest of things, he's either doing it on purpose, is incredibly lazy or he's thick and just doesn't think about what he's doing. Whatever one it is he needs to buck his ideas up because I am SICK of being the brain in our family and picking up the slack after everyone.

My partner again. It's his serious lack of common sense that's pissing me right off. I don't understand how he fucks up the smallest and simplest of things, he's either doing it on purpose, is incredibly lazy or he's thick and just doesn't think about what he's doing. Whatever one it is he needs to buck his ideas up because I am SICK of being the brain in our family and picking up the slack after everyone.
I'm pretty sure I don't love him anymore, everything he does just annoys the hell out of me. I wish I'd chosen a better partner, one with goals and not just all talk with his ridiculous pie in the sky ideas that never materialise. I'm fed up with his laziness, his moaning and lack of motivation. Maybe if he focuses more on what he wants he would be a lot happier.
I wish I could leave him but to be honest, I feel too bad for many reasons I can't write here.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I posted something on my Instagram that I found quite exciting and post worthy and not one person liked it . I only have about 20 followers but at least one of them usually like my posts .

Now I feel like I've been sucked into the social media validation trap as well .

• Sad
  • Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My SIL being such a nosey cow! i tagged my partner in something on FB, and wrote “must be our lucky number”. She must have saw it in her feed so text him “what is Wilma on about”. He ignored. She text the MIL “why is that Wilma and Fred’s lucky number” MIL, who isn’t on Facebook, replied “no idea what you mean.” She then text her partner who works with my partner “can you ask Fred what Wilma means”

go away you absolute cretin

• Haha
  • Wow

BonBon27

VIP Member
My dad and sister. We’re all grieving for my lovely mum, but they’re the kind of people who can only see their own feelings and never think about how anyone else feels. He’s grieving his wife, she’s grieving her mum; those two things are different so they’re clashing about how to cope with things. Then I’m just there, being a people pleaser who wants to keep the peace while neither of them thinks about how I might feel about my loss. They’re so similar, always have been, and they’re both hard to deal with! My mum handled them both so much better than I can 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Took the kids to the park. Thought I’d have a go on the zip wire, there were no signs saying for kids only or anything so figured it would be fine. Omg it’s a death trap. I ended up going flying off the end of it landing in a heap on the floor, something cracked but I don’t think anything is broken, and I’m pretty sure I have a concussion now… one of the school mums was there too and saw the whole thing, never again.

• Haha
  • Wow

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Some old guy started talking to me on a train. He was initially talking about ships and tourism coming back to an area but then diverted the conversation to ask if I was partial to a McDonalds/Hot Dog. and then started ranting about processed food. I tried to raise up things like the price of a fully non processed diet but it felt like he wasn't really listening. Also apparently claimed that a single hot dog takes 35 mins off someone's life.

It felt like he was trying to lecture me with his own form of pseudoscience because he didn't feel I looked right (I've been overweight but have lost 5-6kg in the past 2 months and am continuing to do so).
You should’ve just said “I’ll take me chances with the hot dog because a convo with you has taken years off my life”

• Haha