What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blerghh I wish. I grew up with rebus puzzles and this does not follow the format - looked like hieroglyphics to me.

I honestly thought my brain broke.

Reactions: 2
I posted something on my Instagram that I found quite exciting and post worthy and not one person liked it . I only have about 20 followers but at least one of them usually like my posts .

Now I feel like I've been sucked into the social media validation trap as well .

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Trying to find a bloody supermarket that does Sandwich platters for the weekend.

Absolutely ridiculous that they majority are still using covid as an excuse.

waitrose aren’t doing them because of lack of containers thanks to covid apparently 🙄

M&S has teamed up with ocado and they don’t seem to have any sandwich platters anymore

Sainsburys aren’t doing order buffet food ‘due to covid’

I mean this could just be my ends, but literally none of the major ones are doing it!

if anyone has a suggestion for other places that do platters, that would be most welcome 😄

Trying to find a bloody supermarket that does Sandwich platters for the weekend.

waitrose aren’t doing them because of lack of containers thanks to covid apparently 🙄

M&S has teamed up with ocado and they don’t seem to have any sandwich platters anymore

I mean this could just be my ends, but literally none of the major ones are doing it!

if anyone has a suggestion for other places that do platters, that would be most welcome 😄
Morrisons do them I think

currently getting my roots done in the hairdressers. not sure if i’m alone in this but i cant stand the hairdressers 😫 the small talk is so boring

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Morrisons do them I think
Not the one near me apparently 🙄🤣 they do some indian snack stuff and some afternoon tea stuff but thats about it, i need to feed 20 people.

I don’t live in some small town either, you would think ONE would do it

Think i might just have to get some pizza’s and stuff

Not the one near me apparently 🙄🤣 they do some indian snack stuff and some afternoon tea stuff but thats about it, i need to feed 20 people.

I don’t live in some small town either, you would think ONE would do it

Think i might just have to get some pizza’s and stuff
Could you try any local independent bakeries/cafes? There's a few in my area that do them so might be worth a try!

If you have a Wenzels near you they do

currently getting my roots done in the hairdressers. not sure if i’m alone in this but i cant stand the hairdressers 😫 the small talk is so boring
When I was a hairdresser I hated having to make small talk with the clients haha

Reactions: 3
Could you try any local independent bakeries/cafes? There's a few in my area that do them so might be worth a try!
there are a few bakeries I could try. Good shout.

We were down to subway or costco, although the logistics for costco wouldn’t work.

• Sad
I changed medication due to side effects. Going to have to change again. Really can't cope with feeling dizzy.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It's 2pm on a bank holiday Monday and I already have a full plate of annoyances, primarily pertaining to rude people.

I wanted to start my day on a good note by going for a run as I haven't been in a minute and boy, the amount of rudeness I've encountered this morning only is out of this world.

It started with some random lady outside my apartment complex this morning. I was minding my own business on the other side of the gate (inside the complex), trying to fix an issue on my phone before my run when I heard some person screaming "open the gate" (with a chavvy accent). I had my headphones on and was looking at my phone, so I didn't realize this was directed at me. Then, I made my way towards the gate to exit and I realize it was indeed directed at me. One resident (who slammed the door in my face weeks ago) walked in first without saying thank you as I was holding the door, then the other lady who screamed walked in. I absolutely hate this when people don't say "thank you" when you're letting them in. It's really rude (especially knowing on another occasion, this person turned around, saw me approaching and slammed the door in my face).

It didn't stop there! The Universe wasn't going to let me off the hook that easily! I was running when I saw this woman in front of me walk on her dog's paw!!! I decided to change routes and ended up running into her in a small alley. She was chatting away with her friend and walking around like a mini-Paris Hilton with her dog and was blocking the alley! I kept saying "sorry, excuse me" for me to let me through and she didn't care at all. She kept walking slowly with no care in the world, leaving me no space to go through. I swear, I was getting really annoyed. How complicated is it to move to the side to let me through?

Last, but not least! On my way back, I was hesitating between two routes and went for the longest one against my better judgment. I see this girl and some guy from afar and she seems quite familiar. They were walking in the opposite direction. As she was slowly getting closer, I realize it's a "friend" from a former company. We've kept in touch throughout the pandemic, texting often, but I haven't seen her in close to two years. I was always there when she needed to talk about her frustrations and gave her advice when needed. I even referred her for a job in my current company a few months ago as she saw the role and asked me whether she was qualified enough. She sure was but she blew the interview, so she didn't get the job. We kept in touch after that, no issues. Anyway, I see her approaching and I look at her smiling and was about to greet her (within what social-distancing measures allow). She glanced at me, clearly saw it was me and looked down then away. She completely blanked me! Very rude! Even if she didn't want to talk, just smile and wave, that's enough for me. No, nothing. She chose just to ignore. Well, bye.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Feeling super anxious and full of dread...it started this morning and I thought it would get better but it hasn't. I'm stuck on the bus and all I want to do is escape. 🙄😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Try a little local cafe or bakery, lots do this sort of thing and it’s much nicer to support a little local business 😀

ETA Just seen others have suggested this!

• Heart
I'm looking at jobs but they're all just rubbish or temporary. I wish I could do something other than admin

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Drove past a cemetery this afternoon, the sky was full of balloons. They are not going to your love one in heaven, they are going to kill wildlife 😡

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.