What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way hen do’s evolve into something crazy. For a friends hen do the bridesmaid had booked an area at a nice venue. Sounds fun I thought, paid the deposit etc.

Now, going to a club after the venue has been arranged and they are talking about doing something during the day as well. I think im gonna tell them I can only do the original plan because we just don’t have the money spare for clubbing and an activity in the day and to be honest I just don’t fancy it either. Is that a bit selfish of me? Maybe. But people expect a lot from you when it comes to hen/stag do’s imo. Everyone just wants to go bigger and better.

I miss when hen nights were actually for the night and not an event you have to sacrifice your whole weekend for.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Been told to use e consultant. I'll get a call between now and 6.30pm Monday. Am I just meant to sit near the phone until then?

The way hen do’s evolve into something crazy. For a friends hen do the bridesmaid had booked an area at a nice venue. Sounds fun I thought, paid the deposit etc.

Now, going to a club after the venue has been arranged and they are talking about doing something during the day as well. I think im gonna tell them I can only do the original plan because we just don’t have the money spare for clubbing and an activity in the day and to be honest I just don’t fancy it either. Is that a bit selfish of me? Maybe. But people expect a lot from you when it comes to hen/stag do’s imo. Everyone just wants to go bigger and better.

I miss when hen nights were actually for the night and not an event you have to sacrifice your whole weekend for.
I hear complaints about this all the time. People agree to the original plan based in their budget but then bits and bobs get added on as the months pass and it eventually becomes unaffordable.
Then the bride gets in a huff when people drop out.

Reactions: 8

Yes, when I was young hen dos wear just a night in the pub with your mates... BTB saying "I'm having a night out at the crown, pop in if you are not doing anything... . You might or might not go onto a club after but no pressure. I had one half of the pub with my mates and my husband to be had the other half with is. :D

Same with weddings now, guests are expected to take out a mortgage to pay for everything they need for the day and to buy a gift and pay for a minder for their kids. I've given up going to weddings. I'm always poorly ;)

Reactions: 6

Not selfish at all!! I feel its becoming so over the top then the next person tries to top it by being more "extravagant". Ive been to 2 hen dos which have been abroad then the home hen just before the wedding (both family members). The second abroad hen something was planned every day and night so you couldn't relax and enjoy the holiday after paying hundreds to go. Then the home hen, you're made to pay for transport, venue, decorations, items for the bride etc. Then on top of that you have the wedding day/gift etc! It's soooo much. I love seeing hendos in town who are all pissed, enjoying life, wearing shot glasses, feather boas, L plates etc - just a fun night out! People expect you to fork out sooo much money and change the plans to suit them only and it really bugs me!

Reactions: 9
Been told to use e consultant. I'll get a call between now and 6.30pm Monday. Am I just meant to sit near the phone until then?

I did one and they have emailed me with an appointment. messed up the form thing though said my symptoms in the first bit where they ask what was wrong , then they asked for symptoms haha

I've put something in a safe place, I now don't know where that safe place is! I've been looking for weeks now! Where the hell have I put it!!!!???? Pretty sure it was put in a drawer but it's not there now. 🤬🙄🤔

Reactions: 3

we have one of these. Partner Is in the wedding party and I’ve barely met the people. So far it’s costing about £150 each just for accommodation and the ‘experiences’. Not to mention the wedding is a sort of a destination wedding and we’ve got to pay £400 to be there 😵

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
we have one of these. Partner Is in the wedding party and I’ve barely met the people. So far it’s costing about £150 each just for accommodation and the ‘experiences’. Not to mention the wedding is a sort of a destination wedding and we’ve got to pay £400 to be there 😵
Outrageous! I feel like if you’re going to book a wedding abroad and want people to turn up, then you should pay for your guests flights at least.

Reactions: 2
I've put something in a safe place, I now don't know where that safe place is! I've been looking for weeks now! Where the hell have I put it!!!!???? Pretty sure it was put in a drawer but it's not there now. 🤬🙄🤔
I do this all the time!! I must have a boxful of stuff somewhere when I've put them in a safe place!

Reactions: 2
I do this all the time!! I must have a boxful of stuff somewhere when I've put them in a safe place!
It's so bloody frustrating! Even more so when it's money and you need it! Not a fortune, just rainy day money. 😓😓😓😓

Reactions: 3
Outrageous! I feel like if you’re going to book a wedding abroad and want people to turn up, then you should pay for your guests flights at least.
Its not even abroad - hence the sort of destination bit!

Honestly recently I've been totally put off the idea of a big wedding from it all. Give me a small cheap venue and I'll save the rest of the money for a honeymoon.

Reactions: 5
It's so bloody frustrating! Even more so when it's money and you need it! Not a fortune, just rainy day money. 😓😓😓😓
It so is! I've also put away abit of money, and literally turned the house upside down, found it eventually in an old slipper, was lucky I didn't throw it out!

Flipping train company, we have a 2 carriage train,out of London and there’s some sort of festival at the very end of the line so we are rammed with unmasked unvaccinated 'yoofs' with all their camping gear

and they are really loud 😡

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 1
My hoover blew up a couple of weeks ago, (I've luckily got wood flooring and tiles so have been able to sweep up.) I eventually got round to ordering myself a new one last night, for next day delivery, due today.
I took my two younger children out and left the teenager at home, the ONLY thing I asked him to do was to open the door when the delivery came, I told him there wouldn't be anything to sign, all he had to do was just open the door, that the delivery people leave it on the doorstep and are usually back in their vans before you even get to the door...

He text me to say there was a slip through the door saying they'll try again tomorrow. He didn't answer the bleeping door, he said he heard it but wasn't sure it was going to be them. What the actual duck, I told him they were coming, even told him an approx time. Sounds awful but I'm pissed off that he's so bloody useless. He literally doesn't do anything. Instead come home to crisp packets & empty Fanta cans all over the living room floor.
Checked emails and they won't be attempting re delivery until Monday. Sad, but I was looking forward to hoovering, a big full house hoover with my new shark.

I could punch him. I won't, but I feel like I could 😅

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
My hoover blew up a couple of weeks ago, (I've luckily got wood flooring and tiles so have been able to sweep up.) I eventually got round to ordering myself a new one last night, for next day delivery, due today.
I took my two younger children out and left the teenager at home, the ONLY thing I asked him to do was to open the door when the delivery came, I told him there wouldn't be anything to sign, all he had to do was just open the door, that the delivery people leave it on the doorstep and are usually back in their vans before you even get to the door...

He text me to say there was a slip through the door saying they'll try again tomorrow. He didn't answer the bleeping door, he said he heard it but wasn't sure it was going to be them. What the actual duck, I told him they were coming, even told him an approx time. Sounds awful but I'm pissed off that he's so bloody useless. He literally doesn't do anything. Instead come home to crisp packets & empty Fanta cans all over the living room floor.
Checked emails and they won't be attempting re delivery until Monday. Sad, but I was looking forward to hoovering, a big full house hoover with my new shark.

I could punch him. I won't, but I feel like I could 😅
Sounds like it’s time to confiscate the Xbox, PlayStation, etc. Bloody teenagers!

Reactions: 6
When one on my friends is complain that she dosent get invited no where and that she feels like everyone hates her butwhenever anyone trys to message she dosent answer until a week later.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.