What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s 3 and the neighbours are killing each other, they had a party and it was all good until around 20 mins ago and now like 5-6 people are screaming and killing each other.

If I was a rat I’d call the guards but I’m not so I’m just gonna have to sit it through.

Reactions: 2
My husband. We have decided to start potty training MiniGlenCoco and it was going okay. But yesterday she just had accident after accident after accident and I cleaned them ALL up. My husband didn't do any.

Today seems to be going the same way and because I sighed quite heavily after cleaning up her 2nd accident of the day, he turns to me and says "are you getting quite disheartened?", yes but also because I seem to be doing it all by myself!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
seeing everyone going out with their mates and me being completely alone bc i have none 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Jeremy Vine gets on my tits for myriad reasons but I'm definitely calling him a cycling fascist from now on.

It's such a "world doesn't exist outside of London" view. Ignorant twit.
It is. I’m not even sure why it winds me up so much.

seeing everyone going out with their mates and me being completely alone bc i have none 😂
Same here. I have just seen loads of posts on fb from last night. I’m ill so not up to going out but it would be nice to be invited

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I spend over two hours ironing clothes for the teens to just chuck them in their drawers.
This is exactly why I now only iron school clothes. I HATE ironing. Fold the clothes as soon as they are dry and they don't need ironing

My husband. We have decided to start potty training MiniGlenCoco and it was going okay. But yesterday she just had accident after accident after accident and I cleaned them ALL up. My husband didn't do any.

Today seems to be going the same way and because I sighed quite heavily after cleaning up her 2nd accident of the day, he turns to me and says "are you getting quite disheartened?", yes but also because I seem to be doing it all by myself!!!
I'm not sure how old she is but honestly if there is lots of accidents she clearly isn't ready. I'd wait a few more months. When they are ready it will only take a week xx

Reactions: 6
I’m stripping wood chip off the walls . I’ve only been at it 15 minutes.

Pray for me.

• Heart
I'm not sure how old she is but honestly if there is lots of accidents she clearly isn't ready. I'd wait a few more months. When they are ready it will only take a week xx
She will be 3 next month, felt like we were doing okay on Thursday and Friday but yesterday was just terrible xx

• Heart
I spent the whole of first lockdown potty training my 3yo (didn’t start until 3 with his older brother either because before then he just didn’t understand what was being asked of him - both have speech and language delays). He was pulling the nappy off all the time so I knew it was time. It took a few months of trial and error and lots of accidents (one step forwards, two steps back) before he eventually got the hang of it. My youngest son refused to use a potty, he preferred the big toilet so we got him a seat for that and a stool. He had more success that way.

She will be 3 next month, felt like we were doing okay on Thursday and Friday but yesterday was just terrible xx
I wouldn’t worry too much, my daughter wasn’t toilet trained until she was 3 and a half. She just completely refused to do it, and then one day she started saying I need my nappy off and started going to the toilet. Is your daughter in nursery? I found it was going to nursery and seeing other kids using the toilet that made my daughter start to want to do it herself

I wouldn’t worry too much, my daughter wasn’t toilet trained until she was 3 and a half. She just completely refused to do it, and then one day she started saying I need my nappy off and started going to the toilet. Is your daughter in nursery? I found it was going to nursery and seeing other kids using the toilet that made my daughter start to want to do it herself
Yeah she goes 3 days a week and nursery said sometimes she will try on the toilet and other times she won't. They've said sometimes it helps if her friend goes at the same time but they said otherwise she isn't bothered 🙈

Reactions: 1
Yeah she goes 3 days a week and nursery said sometimes she will try on the toilet and other times she won't. They've said sometimes it helps if her friend goes at the same time but they said otherwise she isn't bothered 🙈
Sounds like she’s starting to get the hang of it already, I just think one day a switch flips in their head and then they never look back 😂 same with nighttime nappies

• Heart
I woke up this morning with an awful cold, & the worst sore throat, courtesy of my husband 🙄 I still wear a mask and sanitise my hands regularly, he's given up the mask & probably doesn't sanitise his hands at all (bastard).
So I'm laid on the sofa, feeling like death and he announces at 8.30 that he's off to price a job and will be an hour, tops. He still isn't home. I've therefore had to entertain 3 kids. They are currently in the pool, it's pissing down, and I don't actually care as it means I get 5 mins to feel sorry for myself.

Also, the only thing helping my sore throat is food, so stuffing my fat face with anything I can get my hands on. I was doing so well on my diet too 🥴

• Sad
I reacted like this to some mosquito bites recently. Now I won’t go out with bare legs and/or strong repellent. There seem to be a lot of insects around this year.
I agree. I always react to bites but this year I had about five huge bites down one leg and I was not even aware I was bitten. They came up so red and huge they were impossible to hide and people kept remarking on them. As if I didn't know!!
Water and lavender essence in a compress is heaven on these itchy bites. It really soothes them. I hope that helps someone.

• Heart
Wondering how different (better) my life would be if things were different when I was younger.
I often wonder this too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say. ☹

I woke up this morning with an awful cold, & the worst sore throat, courtesy of my husband 🙄 I still wear a mask and sanitise my hands regularly, he's given up the mask & probably doesn't sanitise his hands at all (bastard).
So I'm laid on the sofa, feeling like death and he announces at 8.30 that he's off to price a job and will be an hour, tops. He still isn't home. I've therefore had to entertain 3 kids. They are currently in the pool, it's pissing down, and I don't actually care as it means I get 5 mins to feel sorry for myself.

Also, the only thing helping my sore throat is food, so stuffing my fat face with anything I can get my hands on. I was doing so well on my diet too 🥴

Aww hope you feel better soon 🤗 As for the diet bit, typical ey🤣🙄

Same age and month buddy as mine😄 and he is the same hun. There is no rush, they will do it when they're ready. The ones who boast that theres did it from age 1 or 2 (yes I did read someone potty training there kid at age 1🙄) are just show offs and make others feel pressurised, and there will be accidents along the way and one step forward, two steps back. It's normal. 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Same age and month buddy as mine😄 and he is the same hun. There is no rush, they will do it when they're ready. The ones who boast that theres did it from age 1 or 2 (yes I did read someone potty training there kid at age 1🙄) are just show offs and make others feel pressurised, and there will be accidents along the way and one step forward, two steps back. It's normal. 😊
I'm pleased that mine isn't the only one who is doing it in their own time! I guess i feel pressured coz her best friend at nursery is a bit younger than her and she is dry all the time and then my mum has been banging on about it for about 12 months and now reckons that we're going to have many many problems now because we've left it too late.

And then I cant stop with the mum guilt like "what if we did leave it too late? What if she is going to end up traumatised by it all? What if what if what if?" 😔

• Heart
I'm pleased that mine isn't the only one who is doing it in their own time! I guess i feel pressured coz her best friend at nursery is a bit younger than her and she is dry all the time and then my mum has been banging on about it for about 12 months and now reckons that we're going to have many many problems now because we've left it too late.

And then I cant stop with the mum guilt like "what if we did leave it too late? What if she is going to end up traumatised by it all? What if what if what if?" 😔
Aww yeah you're not the only one, and someone on here even said theirs were 3 and a half before they did it!!!! The younger one maybe their parents were more pushy with it, but if you read up on it, it said don't be pushy about it, wait/ they will show u when they're ready etc otherwise it's just going to be even harder. So they're all different and do it at different times. Honestly no shame in it, who cares what other people think. He's broke up from nursery now so over the holiday going to work on it as he is showing signs so hopefully by time he's back 🤞

That my child always takes over the TV. There's only so much Peppa Pig the brat or Bing or Horrid Henry etc that I can bloody watch 😡 Want to watch the Olympic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree. I always react to bites but this year I had about five huge bites down one leg and I was not even aware I was bitten. They came up so red and huge they were impossible to hide and people kept remarking on them. As if I didn't know!!
Water and lavender essence in a compress is heaven on these itchy bites. It really soothes them. I hope that helps someone.
A friend suggested an oat bath but I couldn’t be bothered to run a bath (too warm), so I had a shower and squeezed some oats that were in a sock, held under the water, over the bites - that was very soothing actually.

That my child always takes over the bloody TV. There's only so much Peppa Pig the brat, Bing or Horrid Henry I can watch! I want to watch the bloody Olympics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.