What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought a new summer dress today. It's been a loooooong time since I dressed up. The last time I got really dolled up/dressed up was pre-COVID in 2019. I got home, tried the dress on with some really nice shoes and I felt meh. Dressing up doesn't bring me any joy anymore. I just feel really blasé. I don't enjoy the whole getting dressed up, getting my hair and makeup done the way I used to. I just feel really stupid and overdressed. Plus, for some reason, I've developed some body insecurities which I never had before these repeated lockdowns. I used to be pretty confident in my body, but I now I find a new flaw every single time I look at myself in the mirror. I don't know what's going on. I get zero pleasure from trying to look good. It's pointless.
I can relate to this. My body shape has changed since the first lockdown and I got upset trying on clothes. It's very frustrating!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I can relate to this. My body shape has changed since the first lockdown and I got upset trying on clothes. It's very frustrating!
Frustrating indeed! Mine hasn't changed at all as I've been running 4 times a week since the start of the pandemic in an effort to keep it together. This is why I don't understand what's going on. I'm starting to wonder if I'm perhaps depressed without knowing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Frustrating indeed! Mine hasn't changed at all as I've been running 4 times a week since the start of the pandemic in an effort to keep it together. This is why I don't understand what's going on. I'm starting to wonder if I'm perhaps depressed without knowing.
Quite possibly...I. hoping being back at my fitness class will get rid of my belly!

I have Monday off and and was looking forward to going out and having a day to myself and yesterday I pinged by Test and Trace so now I’ve got isolate until Tuesday. Sod’s law 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m gonna say it … where’s the sun gone?

I love the heat and sunshine ,… please don’t go.🙏🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m gonna say it … where’s the sun gone?

I love the heat and sunshine ,… please don’t go.🙏🏻
SAME. Sick of people moaning about heat and sunshine (in England) - it’s supposed to be bloody SUMMER people! If it starts raining again this weekend I am actually going to cry 😢😭😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
SAME. Sick of people moaning about heat and sunshine (in England) - it’s supposed to be bloody SUMMER people! If it starts raining again this weekend I am actually going to cry 😢😭😢
Same, it's so annoying. Especially here in Scotland where its good weather for like max 3, maybe 4 weeks of the year if you add up all the single nice days together, the rest of the year is cold and miserable, but people still complain about the heat. And it's not even actually hot, usually not more than 25 degrees, normally it's less!!! And people still moan and moan. Why does anyone even bother going in holiday abroad if they can't handle 20 degrees

Same, it's so annoying. Especially here in Scotland where its good weather for like max 3, maybe 4 weeks of the year if you add up all the single nice days together, the rest of the year is cold and miserable, but people still complain about the heat. And it's not even actually hot, usually not more than 25 degrees, normally it's less!!! And people still moan and moan. Why does anyone even bother going in holiday abroad if they can't handle 20 degrees
Because some of us have health problems made worse by the heat.
Never been on holiday abroad (well to Amsterdam but not in summer) either because I hate the heat

Because some of us have health problems made worse by the heat.
Never been on holiday abroad (well to Amsterdam but not in summer) either because I hate the heat
Yeah some, but not all the people who moan. My point is it's such a short period of time, couple weeks vs whole year of the cold. I get some people just hate the heat and don't go on holiday to hot places

Reactions: 2
I get that 30 degrees in Turkey with a sunbed by the pool, a cocktail in the hand and air con in the bedroom is much easier to cope with than 30 degrees in England when you have to work and cook and clean and go shopping and live your life. But some sun and warmth makes lots of us feel better!

Reactions: 4
Yeah there's been a lot of whinging including me (I'm asthamtic) but it definately isn't exclusive to England. Would be hard to narrow that down anyway as most don't give geographical locations when moaning.

Yeah but abroad the heat doesn't feel so bad because 1.) There houses are not built too keep heat in like ours are. 2.) There's normally a nice breeze compared to here it's just soo muggy 3.) Can cool off in beach/pool etc

I got bitten by something on Wednesday night and the bite has swollen across half my leg and is red and raised and so hot and itchy. Then because my leg was hurting I must have been walking awkwardly because I've somehow managed to pull something in my other leg and can barely walk down the stairs now. If it wasn't all so annoying and painful I'd find it funny!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.