Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My surname - nobody can pronounce/spell it. Kinda annoying, going to have to change it at some point. It's Scottish but it may as well be Polish or Korean.
I’m curious to know what it is now lol. It’s not something like Menzies is it? Like, said how’s it’s written or said (where I’m from) as ming-us

Reactions: 1

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Why do kids need to screech at the top of their lungs when they're playing? All I can hear is the neighbours kids 6 houses down screeching at the top of their lungs for the last half hour. Not shouting, not laughing, honestly 'I'm being murdered' style screeching.
Perhaps they actually are being murdered. Have you checked?

• Haha
I’ve done this before. Straight into a wheelie bin. Annoying as fuck. Where do they sneak out from 😂
I’ve had this car maybe three weeks max as well 🤦🏻‍♀️ A friend of a friend is going to sort it though - take the dent out and sort scratches (there’s quite a few). I could have cried when they told me the cost but I know it’s by far nothing compared to what a proper garage would charge. Still can’t say I fancy spending it on that though!

isabellalovescats

VIP Member
Have you said anything to him?
Kind of. I told him that it’d be nice if he plans things sometimes as well. So for example, we hanged out on Sunday and I told him we should do a picnic (I picked the day and idea but he organized the transport and the food). I just wanna be asked out with a solid date and plan given to me. 🙃 And also be texted to first. He does respond always. Still, I feel so unwanted it’s bugging me a lot. I like his company, I really dislike I reach out first all the fucking time. I feel like a burden.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Yeah she goes 3 days a week and nursery said sometimes she will try on the toilet and other times she won't. They've said sometimes it helps if her friend goes at the same time but they said otherwise she isn't bothered 🙈
Sounds like she’s starting to get the hang of it already, I just think one day a switch flips in their head and then they never look back 😂 same with nighttime nappies

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
My neighbour and their hedge. Right its their hedge and absolutely massive. Like 15+ foot, divides are gardens. They won't let us chop down a few feet. But they never pay to have it cut. We end up getting our side and the top trimmed (we pay for it as its a scaffold job). As soon as we've paid to get it done they get their trimmers and just do the sides. Fucking drives me up the wall. Tight cunts!
Just do your side and sling all the clippings over

• Haha

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
My MIL is making such a difference now my SIL is pregnant.. she has never offered to have my daughter over night even when my daughter has asked for a sleep over at granny's but now my sil is pregnant she is now converting her spare room into a 'nursery' for when the baby arrives and goes round to her house. She has bought loads of baby stuff but when my little girl was born we got nothing at all.... is it normal to be annoyed or am I just being jealous?
Same here & since I spilt with her precious son she doesn’t even speak to my kids, oh well what they never had will never miss I suppose, the kids call her horrible grandma 🙊

• Heart

HelloStereo

VIP Member
A neighbour's dog was constantly barking from 3:30am - 6am and woke me up. Had about 3 hours sleep 😅 .

• Sad

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Placement, not got a massively long time left but my supervisor is determined to make it as difficult as possible, I've been made to feel like an idiot.
So sorry you are not enjoying it. The good thing is it will be over soon and you won't have to see any of them again.

I enjoyed my placement, and two days before I left, the MD asked me if I would consider joining properly after my degree.

No idea why, as I used to turn up for work at 9.20 everyday instead of 9, but i had no problem stopping late if anything needed to be done. I only needed to stop late twice.

Kofi Annan

Noisy neighbours.
It never ends, she's been having work done on her house solidly for over 4 months now by family members who constantly block access to our car, park right outside our front door, with the engines running on flat bed trucks, shouting and hollering 24/7.
She has 2 Yorkshire terriers that constantly yap at anything and everything, which then sets off our dog.
I've told her we both work from home when we were having a "friendly" chat a couple of months ago, thinking she'd get the idea. Turns out she's just a selfish bitch.
I'm awake now, because at 12:30am she decided to roll up in her car, with her barking dogs and have a very loud conversation with someone. Clearly, in this heat, everyone's windows are open but she couldn't give a shit.

• Sad

VIP Member
This article!!! yes I know it's the Daily Mail but FFS, this is just pathetic.

If you don't want to read it, just don't whistle the theme to Bob The Builder, it's a hate crime.

• Wow

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
I think the socio-economic background is not a reflection of anything. You can come from a low socio-economic background, but attended fee-paying schools and top universities with a plethora of financial sources of support. Higher education is free in many European countries, in order to provide the same chance to everyone. Same goes, you can come from an affluent economic background and decided not to attend college for various reasons. I really don't know the socio-economic background you at between 11-18 and should be factored in. People without degrees are still going to be rejected from jobs due to lack of higher education, the same way minority people are going to be rejected. Positive discrimination is only smokescreen.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just that, with what my SiL said about her company and the daily telegraph article it looks like it might become a common theme in recruitment

emerald

VIP Member
It's my one day off this week but I don't feel like actually doing anything with it

• Heart
The woman in front of me in the post office queue who completely ignored the social distance queue marks on the floor, then pushed in front of my when handing in the box through the hatch. She then just walked off without her receipt - I did laugh when the woman behind the till said she better hope it doesn’t go missing.

• Angry

CherryAcid

VIP Member
That's nasty, wtf. Try putting a note! I had to do the same at our office, people kept leaving their half full teacups around until they grew an inch of mold. One of the guys used to put halved lemons in the cutlery drawers, I really don't know who raised these crusty heathens.
We’re in the middle of a consultation at the mo and if we wwsnt I’d do be putting a passive aggressive note up, I’ve got an idea who it is and I shall be keeping an eye on them this week. It’s rank though.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Don't know if anyone replied to you, but most garages will pick up and drop off now, saving you the bother of getting the car to them. Same with MOT. I sit in the comfort of my home while my car is out for the morning or afternoon :D did the breakdown mention alternator or the starter motor? could be one of those.
Well I left my hidden keys and my car on the drive on 3 separate occasions for a garage to pick up.