Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I have no friends. The only girl I know in this town is moving away in two weeks. I work from home so there’s no way I can meet new people during Covid-19 restrictions. Plus, I have social anxiety. I know a guy who I thought was a friend but turns out he just wanted to bang me. I’m nervous and miserable.
Afaik you live in NYC. But bars and clubs are back open if you wanna try and make friends in there. Also America never went into lockdowns like the rest of the world so mostly everything is open. Get out there and make friends! Be yourself and don’t let your anxiety control you from having fun. X

• Heart
Reactions: 1

NosyNorahh

VIP Member
Sadly we also live in a world with people like you who have absolutely no ounce of empathy. Just because YOU feel mentally tough and able to "not let things define you" it doesn't mean other's are the same.
I have all the empathy in the world for people who truly are struggling, I just refuse to believe that, that was the reason Biles quit. Sadly we live in a world where people lose their minds over differing opinions.

You can have empathy.
I do, for people I care about and need it.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
The fact I’ve gut to go to work later , and tomorrow and Monday …. Then I’m off for a week !! ( that part isn’t annoying )

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I'm due my 2nd vaccine and I got a text to book , but those clinics are both unsuitable so I didn't. My gp surgery phones to get me to arrange an appointment and it's only the unsuitable ones available. She's telling me how important I get my jab promptly. I haven't got childcare, I've been to that vaccine clinic before so I know how much of a nightmare it will be with both little ones.
Inlaws will automatically be busy if I ask them to babysit. Despite fil seeming extremely pro vaccine and banging on about it .

A couple of months I told them they weren't allowed to take the kids in the car because they weren't taking car seat safety seriously. Turns out they have sold their little runaround car they used when the kids were over and fil has bought a motorbike. ( the kids are rarely allowed in the 'fancy ' car incase it gets damaged/ dirty / whatever) . But I think mother in law is a bit annoyed at having to share the car again cos she always used the little one .

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Where did you see it advertised? Is there a report button? That's annoyed me too now
On LinkedIn. There is indeed a report button and "discrimination" is one of the options, but I'm not sure if it's worth reporting as LinkedIn probably doesn't give a toss.

Penguin86

VIP Member
Did you have the same issue with deliveries? I just find it so unhelpful, especially in lockdown / isolation when you have no other choice but to rely on them for your food shop. Then the person on the other end of the phone is just "maybe it might come tomorrow". Like what am I going to do until then, eat dust? 😅
Yes iceland were like that. I was classed as vulnerable so couldn't go anywhere and it's alright saying someone else could do my shopping but it's not the same

• Sad

NosyNorahh

VIP Member
Simone Biles has bathed in the glory of her enormous talent for many years, and rightfully so, she then went to Tokyo and gave an under par performance and subsequently quit. She then played the much overused mental health card. Being an Olympian is all about pressure there should be pressure, you’re at the top of your game.

Yeah I'd go easy on her, she's only 24 and could have really hurt herself if she'd continued competing. People really expect too much of olympians, their knowing when to stop is so important because no one else is going to tell them to.

GlennCoco

VIP Member
I wouldn’t worry too much, my daughter wasn’t toilet trained until she was 3 and a half. She just completely refused to do it, and then one day she started saying I need my nappy off and started going to the toilet. Is your daughter in nursery? I found it was going to nursery and seeing other kids using the toilet that made my daughter start to want to do it herself
Yeah she goes 3 days a week and nursery said sometimes she will try on the toilet and other times she won't. They've said sometimes it helps if her friend goes at the same time but they said otherwise she isn't bothered 🙈

DinosaursLayEggs

Moved 200-ish miles away from home, and I can’t find a single decent eyebrow threading place. I don’t suit waxed eyebrows but that seems to be the only option. The one place that does eyebrow threading weren’t great so I’m hesitant to go back but I’m also tired of walking around with one eyebrow lol