What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Roommate and I had an disagreement and instead of talking about it there's some passive-aggressiveness which is very awkward as we literally share the same room

She asked me what I thought of her applying for a position on a human-rights focused society at uni. I said she should do it but should have regard for the fact that the position would require her to engage more than the one she holds right now on another society (something she said herself). She got upset that I was basically saying that she doesn't read the news, which is lowkey true as she's more interested in the environment and animal rights, I didn't mean for it to actually come off as rude. I just though it would be a good thing to consider

Anyway, I feel like we're both in the wrong as she clearly just wanted me to say that she should do it despite her lack of interest in the society but the passive-aggressive stuff really isn't helping and I don't want this to become a household disagreement shaded by her own point of view

I haven't had this sort of friendship drama in such a long time that it's genuinely a bit tiring

• Sad
Reactions: 4
bleeping work load and nothing being done, senior managers don’t give a tit, because it doesn’t affect them..... what an absolute joke, the solution is to give up your lunch break, get fucked

Reactions: 7
bleeping work load and nothing being done, senior managers don’t give a tit, because it doesn’t affect them..... what an absolute joke, the solution is to give up your lunch break, get fucked
I literally could have written this. I only work part time and this week my husband is off on Friday so I said that if it carried on being as busy I would come in on my day off to help out and my manager's response was "oh....I REALLY hope you don't need to" well yeah, I REALLY don't want to but this work isn't going to get itself done is it 🙄

Reactions: 2
There is lots of work issues. I just wonder if others see it. Unless something is said they don't but then when you do say something do those in charge actually listen? Too many of us dislike our jobs. Maybe looking for another job is the answer but sometimes it's not that easy depending where you live. In a City lots of choice out of a city less choice. Plus depends on situation.
What its good its this; a place to moan, get advice and just rant! Also a place where none of us know each other but listen and give advice ❤

Reactions: 3
Windows updates, of course I don’t need my extra monitors, nor my printers, and I didn’t spend ages setting up my resolution and views, you just revert everything to default. I’ve got half an hour to sought it out 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I went for an interview on Friday and haven’t heard back yet despite them saying Tuesday for feedback which I know means I’m second choice- they’d have told me if it was a no but can’t tell me until other person accepts it or turns it down.
I absolutely hate waiting for anything.

Reactions: 4
My rude work colleague. Takes up a lot of time in meetings waffling on, talking nonsensical shite, and when it is your time to speak, cuts you off mid sentence. Luckily it was a zoom so I gave middle finger out of sight of camera. Got another catch up with her today.

My rude work colleague. Takes up a lot of time in meetings waffling on, talking nonsensical shite, and when it is your time to speak, cuts you off mid sentence. Luckily it was a zoom so I gave middle finger out of sight of camera. Got another catch up with her today.
I have this too. Does not know when to shut up and when to allow someone else to speak (very me me me) so I complained via an email to Manager. Much done? Nope. So now I do what they do to me and other interrupt them. Certainly don't like it nor do they but might get the message eventually 😕

Now I'm 30 I have hair growing everywhere! Where is it all coming from. Hairy toes, hairy belly button strip, hairy nips (OK just 1bor 2 but still 🤭) random dark hair coming out my nose and a bloody moustache. I'm turning into chewbacca

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The fact that I have been waiting three weeks for a plant order so contacted the site and they say they don't accept PayPal even though it's an option on the website.
Contacted PP who refunded me within 5 mins. reorder on the site using my visa card and they don't accept that. so no plants for me from them.. What a palaver!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The fact that I have been waiting three weeks for a plant order so contacted the site and they say they don't accept PayPal even though it's an option on the website.
Contacted PP who refunded me within 5 mins. reorder on the site using my visa card and they don't accept that. so no plants for me from them.. What a palaver!
So what do they accept?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Now I'm 30 I have hair growing everywhere! Where is it all coming from. Hairy toes, hairy belly button strip, hairy nips (OK just 1bor 2 but still 🤭) random dark hair coming out my nose and a bloody moustache. I'm turning into chewbacca
Chin hair is on its way too. You think you got problems now, wait until pubes sprout out of your chin, in most cases overnight. Magnifying mirror and slanted tweezers become your best friends when you do your morning patrol to check and remove the overnighters. Even worse are the ones just poking through, you can’t get a purchase on the blighters, you can hear a scratchy sound when you rub your chin though. Or the ones you did not realise were there despite being an inch long, which you catch sight of in the rear view mirror when the light hits in the right direction. Dermaplaning? No, a full on Turkish wet shave is more in order.

You are a nipper, you have got it all to come. Who was it who said, ageing ain’t for sissies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Someone I speak to through work rings me every week without fail. Sometimes two minutes after I’ve logged on (give me chance!!).

He jumps the gun asking about information I am yet to send him. If you need to know something, I will let you know 👀

Also I work part time and he refers to my other days as duvet days and long holidays. I used to laugh but when it’s the same conversation each time it gets a little tiresome.

I’m WFH too so there is no one else to answer the phone and if I don’t answer because I’m busy, he’ll ring again. I have seen your missed call, I will call you back when I can!

Aaaaand breathe.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The fact that I just said ‘thanks you too’ to the cashier when they told me the receipt was in the bag

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I used the succa plant shop and Gardeners dream on Instagram and both used paypal. Really good plants too. Yep home office now is a plant house! Saddo I know 😂 hope you find what you want

I've just spent 45 minutes typing out an important document, I sent it to a client with a really long explanation which took me a further 20 minutes to type and he's replied "ok". No thanks or anything!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
The way some clients (men) talk down to me and then are really nice and pally with the partner (also a man). I’m so sure it’s because I’m female.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.