What’s annoying you right now #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How unbelievably dense some of my child-free friends can be.

We are planning a friend’s birthday and someone suggested a karaoke bar. We’re all down so start researching places and eventually go to book somewhere. When it comes down to sorting numbers the lead organiser (who doesn’t have kids) asks those of us with kids if we are going to bring them along. Baring in mind the booking is at 8pm on a Saturday night in a 18+ karaoke bar.

No babes, we won’t be bringing any 2 year olds along.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
SOME XL bully owners.
I don't agree with what's going on at all (any dog can be dangerous if the owner is a cnut) but don't go on about "other bad owners ruining it for my lil fluffy woofy" when you've illegally mutilated its ears (they're not all rescues that where like that when you got it) and got an industrial iron fresh of the titanic's anchor round its neck.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
CAMHS. Apparently I'm a "good enough mother to support my child" and that they"don't have the resources to help" anymore. Their advice to me? " Keep hiding knives and pills, etc. Remind them to eat, and keep vigilant". I have two other children who need me as well, and I'm honestly on my bleeping knees trying to keep everyone safe 😭.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Phone appointment booked for 10.45am.
They called at 10.20am whilst I was in the shower. Got out to a message saying I need to call and reschedule the appointment due to me missing it.

I’ll give it until 11am to see if they call me back. If not, I will be calling to put in a complaint.

Reactions: 4
I'd made plans with a friend two weeks ago for this week, and when I asked her yesterday about what time we were seeing each other Friday (like we had agreed) she goes: "oh sorry, I have a (first) date. "

We had said Friday. Like couldn't she have chosen a different day? I have the weekend fully booked otherwise .

I hate how this society has taught most people to prioritize romantic relationships (or the possibility of them since it's a first date not even something tested) over everything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd made plans with a friend two weeks ago for this week, and when I asked her yesterday about what time we were seeing each other Friday (like we had agreed) she goes: "oh sorry, I have a (first) date. "

We had said Friday. Like couldn't she have chosen a different day? I have the weekend fully booked otherwise .

I hate how this society has taught most people to prioritize romantic relationships (or the possibility of them since it's a first date not even something tested) over everything else.
I'd be angry too, especially ditching plans that you've made in advance for someone she barely knows.
_____

I'm annoyed by people in general, especially in the office. I feel suffocated by the noise, the lack of manners, the sensory overload and everything in between. I need to isolate myself for a good 6 months but I can't do that because the job market is in shambles and the odds of me finding another job with similar pay and flexibilities is nonexistent. I'm burnt out and a couple of co-workers acting like baboons on crack in a tiny open office doesn't help. I hate that some peace and quiet is too much to ask for.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@pinkmug do we work in the same place?! You've described me and my workplace to a tee. Baboons on crack is exactly it. Sending you strength cause I really don't know what else there's to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My 25th next year. My family are complaining I won’t be going back to my home city for it. Same with Christmas next year, we’ve said we want to do Christmas at our house next year and the uproar it’s caused is ridiculous.

My family happily visit other family in other cities. Even been abroad for Christmas/birthdays/trips away, but they never stop to visit us. Only person who visits is my Dad.

Annoyed doesn’t begin to describe my situation.

Yesterday, as I was about to go to bed before my morning flight, a random plumbing emergency came up. My water pump went bust and started leaking.

I had to cancel my two day trip thinking my landlord would send a plumber today to fix it. I waited all day at home with no plumber in sight.

I therefore still don’t have my issue fixed and I missed out on what I thought would be an amazing birthday trip.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Every single time we come to bingo, all you can hear is people talking. I ended up six numbers behind because all I could hear was people muttering.
Staff do it as well and it fucks me off something rotten.

I’ve just seen a 7 year old has been given a make up/skin care advent calendar that prob cost 50-60 quid! 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I hate the cold and dark. I just don’t understand how anyone enjoys this time of year. The sun will set before 4pm tomorrow and we’re not even at the shortest day yet. It feels like the middle of the night for half the day and I can’t afford to have my heating on much so I’m just freezing all the time 😔

Reactions: 3
I'm learning a language and I'm supposed to start a new level today. The school's kind of chaotic, so they just sent the link for the virtual classes today along with the name of the teacher. Googled them and found out they're a) not native speakers of the target language and b) they learned it in their 20s, so when science tells us we can no longer learn a language to a native level.

Even if this person were the exception, they're still not native to the country. So the cultural aspect, no matter how much they love this language/culture, is also not the same. Language is more than just grammar and vocabulary.

It's annoying me that the school is trying to pull this kind of switcheroo, with zero transparency to boot. I'm paying good money for allegedly native speaking teachers.

I've only got my husband left to buy for and I'm not getting any suggestions about what to get him ( not sensible ones). I did suggest he buys for himself and I buy for mebut it didn't go down well.
Now he's hunting round to find our what he has bought previously and needs replacing.

I’m about to lose my mind with my current rental. I’ve had nothing but plumbing problems since day 1.

I’ve been renting this place for three years and this week was the cherry on top.

Last week, I was supposed to travel to Rome when my water pump dropped me the night before my flight. Water started leaking in the hot press and the noise was construction level noise. I had to reschedule my trip to have this fixed. The entire pump was changed (which should have been done two years ago when I highlighted the first issue).

Fast forward, the following Tuesday, I got accidentally locked out in the parking lot. There was a number to call if we ever got locked out so security could come and open the door to let you in. I called, the security guy told me to wait until another resident comes down! I waited in a t-shirt in 2 degree weather for 20 minutes then rang security again only to be yelled at by the security guy who pretended he opened the door for me which was a true lie.

Today, I hop into the shower only to realize there is no hot water. I check the taps and the water is super lukewarm almost cold. It hasn’t been a week since the pump got replaced, now there’s no hot water and possibly another plumbing issue.

I’m about to lose it. I don’t have time for this nonsense.

Reactions: 1
I have 1 friend out of a group of 12 she makes plans seperately with each of us then doesn't answer her phone on the day of the event😡
Boils my blood. I used to let her off with it, then started to say it to her but she'd make stupid excuses. It has gotten to the stage where I refuse to make plans with her unless there are a few of us going so none of us are left waiting around like a thick.
One of the other girls had booked a spa day with her and she just never showed up. Another had arranged a lunch date, same thing no show.
I think it's rude.
At one stage my gym ran a bring a friend day & I asked her if she would be interested ( this was ages ago) and she was a no show. I tried ringing and texting her. The thing that bugged me even more was when I said it to her after it she said she sat watching the phone while I rang her.
If you are reading this and you do similar to people, stop being a d!ck

The second I start watching TikTok’s, my boyfriend wants a conversation. Been sat here in silence for half hour, hardly said a word to me. The second I open TikTok he’s all ‘oh did I tell you…’

I said to him ‘I’m just watching this, hang on a second’

instantly got in a mood with me saying ‘well you’re always on TikTok, how am I meant to talk to you’. Despite me being sat here, not on TikTok, for at least half an hour.

Reactions: 1