Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s odd to leave her in a cot. My sister left her boy in his until he was 3ish when he was climbing over it. Aslong as there’s enough room but then you’d out bed guards up anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️
Each got their own I guess I just thought she seemed to old/big for a cot. (Not big in a bad way)

Reactions: 1
Each got their own I guess I just thought she seemed to old/big for a cot. (Not big in a bad way)
It’s really unusual and not suitable past 24 months to have the sides still on a cot from what I’ve researched. What if Nina needed the toilet?

It’s really unusual and not suitable past 24 months to have the sides still on a cot from what I’ve researched. What if Nina needed the toilet?
Maybe she’s not night toilet trained yet? My eldest wasn’t dry at night until he was 7 (completely normal!) where as my youngest was dry both day and night from 18 months old 🤷‍♀️

Rebecca says “took the sides off her COT” It’s clearly a cot bed. I believe there is a rave group for her if you’d like to post there.
It’s incredibly odd to leave it until she’s 3? Maybe she like her caged in so Rebecca can get up and spend an hour preparing breakfast on her own
Thank you, what a lovely message 😀
From looking at the picture, I’m sure Nina could have got out if she wanted to, the side was just there to stop her falling out.
I didn’t realise cots and sides on cot beds were such a contentious topic. I thought everyone was allowed to do what was best for their individual circumstances. If you have a link to the rules on this then please do share them.
Have a lovely day x

It’s clear some people really need to just post on the rave thread .
1. She is fat and shouldn’t be given nutritional advice
2. If you follow her advice you and your child will become fat or fatter
3. This will lead to long term health conditions , some very serious !
4. She is smug and seems to be trying to look sexy In her close ups it’s like she is laughing at her audience as they are making her so rich.
5. She encourages you to spend £20 on a bamboo plate but she doesn’t use her own cash for this the lot is gifted and an AD
6. she doesn’t have a background in healthcare or nutrition yet we are meant to trust her ? Trust her on the basis of what ? Her as a living example of what healthy looks like ? This is why I can’t take her seriously .

Reactions: 6
Why? Just curious as my little boy is nearly 2 and still in his. Can’t find any sources saying it’s not suitable

Reactions: 2
Why? Just curious as my little boy is nearly 2 and still in his. Can’t find any sources saying it’s not suitable
Google & nearly 2’s fine it’s after 24 months if the sides are up because if potty trained they can’t get to the toilet, the may attempt to climb out and hurt them self

Google & nearly 2’s fine it’s after 24 months if the sides are up because if potty trained they can’t get to the toilet, the may attempt to climb out and hurt them self
But that depends on the child surely....if your kid is climbing, take the sides off, if not and you’re happy with it, keep them on....

Reactions: 5
Surely she knows her own child, if she had removed the cot bars then posted a photo of Nina with an injury from falling out her bed she would be torn apart. Can’t win can she?

Reactions: 3
Seriously? How are people actually ok with a 3 year old in a cot. That’s NOT NORMAL

• Haha
  • Heart
Seriously? How are people actually ok with a 3 year old in a cot. That’s NOT NORMAL
When your mum you quickly learn that each child/ baby is different who really cares

your always very uptight on here 😬

can we get back to food and weaning please bored of the cot chat it’s irrelevant

Reactions: 6
There are many things that people think are not normal in parenting, as long as the kid is happy and safe who actually cares?!

I co slept, made bottles up and kept them in the fridge, early weaned, let my kids walk around with no shoes on....etc, people might think they aren’t normal but my kids are happy and healthy, I just don’t see how having the sides on a cot at 3 is so wrong 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
It’s clear some people really need to just post on the rave thread .
1. She is fat and shouldn’t be given nutritional advice
2. If you follow her advice you and your child will become fat or fatter
3. This will lead to long term health conditions , some very serious !
4. She is smug and seems to be trying to look sexy In her close ups it’s like she is laughing at her audience as they are making her so rich.
5. She encourages you to spend £20 on a bamboo plate but she doesn’t use her own cash for this the lot is gifted and an AD
6. she doesn’t have a background in healthcare or nutrition yet we are meant to trust her ? Trust her on the basis of what ? Her as a living example of what healthy looks like ? This is why I can’t take her seriously .
What’s a rave thread? 🤔

It wasn’t a cot. It was a cot bed that had been converted into its bed form, and it had a small temporary side on it. Nina could clearly crawl down and get out of it. It sounds like you didn’t see the picture x

It wasn’t a cot. It was a cot bed that had been converted into its bed form, and it had a small temporary side on it. Nina could clearly crawl down and get out of it. It sounds like you didn’t see the picture x
I didn’t, sorry if I misunderstood. All I saw was Rebecca calling it a cot

What’s with the latest “tag a mama who’s doing a great job” or whatever it says at the end of her caption. I’d find it so cringe if someone tagged me in some instamum hunfluencer’s post to let me know I’m doing an okay job of being a parent. Definitely going down the Stacey Solomon inspirational “women supporting women even though I don’t really believe that” type of posting now she’s made a few grand

Reactions: 2
What’s with the latest “tag a mama who’s doing a great job” or whatever it says at the end of her caption. I’d find it so cringe if someone tagged me in some instamum hunfluencer’s post to let me know I’m doing an okay job of being a parent. Definitely going down the Stacey Solomon inspirational “women supporting women even though I don’t really believe that” type of posting now she’s made a few grand
She also keeps doing grid posts with 'double tap if you agree' or something similar. If it's a post that I was going to like, now I definitely won't because you're begging for it.

No it was an actual cot, she’s removed the sides yes to make it a toddler bed but it had no guard up before just the cot sides. She’s shared photos of it

Not that I think there is anything wrong with Nina still (was) in it but yeah it was a cot

No it was an actual cot, she’s removed the sides yes to make it a toddler bed but it had no guard up before just the cot sides. She’s shared photos of it

Not that I think there is anything wrong with Nina still (was) in it but yeah it was a cot
That’s not what I saw 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.