Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roz99

I’ve just watched the videos of them having mussels with sound and I actually feel really sorry for Nina. She’s barely touched the thing and Rebecca is getting really excitable, asking if it’s going, explaining how to do it. The little one is clearly a bit confused and cautious, and I can literally feel the tension from Rebecca. When Nina starts to show hesitancy, Rebecca sounds really worked up.

I’m absolutely no expert but she definitely should have let Nina try a few without the shell and if she liked them, Rebecca could have pointed to her plate and said do you want to try opening the shell like mummy? Or something like that you know? Kept it really casual without jumping all over Nina with a camera in her face when she’s trying a new food

I also don’t think it’s fair that Rebecca constantly says “I’m so pleased you like it” - I’ve heard this from her loads. So the impression is that if Nina doesn’t like something her mum won’t be pleased. Food shouldn’t work like that. It pisses me off she’s becoming more successful when this is what the reality of mealtimes are like, and I wish she’d be called out on it more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Here for comments

“I don’t let Nina eat tea at nursery because I like us to all eat together.....” buys Nina MacDonald’s and she eats it in her car seat...🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Anyone joined the Facebook group!?
Yes 😂 It’s full of mums raving about how easy and healthy Rebecca’s recipes are. Oh and competing about who can get to 100 foods first. One did it at 7.5 months and took a picture of her baby in front of helium ‘100’ balloons to celebrate reaching one hundred different foods. It’s ridiculous. Full of PFB (perfect first baby) crap.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
We are on page 54, I think it’s time for a new thread!
Does anyone have any suggestions for the next thread title?

Mine is:
What Mummy Makes #2 Her recipe books are just a guide, the full instructions aren’t inside

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Lilykins

VIP Member
I didn’t like the fact she hid her Nutella from Nina.... no offence but I’m sure a little bit of Nutella for a three year old is fine!!!!

Reactions: 15

HeyLetsGo

Eee what I can’t believe I’m reading that 😂😂 what is wrong with people man. Who gives a fuck how many foods your kid has eaten by 7 months old. They’ll all be living on spaghetti hoops and mini milks by the time they’re 2 anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Emmas83

Chatty Member
My son has a bag of crisps View attachment 403460
How ridiculous my response would be she’s your child if she’s hungry give her some more how does anymore know how hungry someone else’s child is!!? Got to much time on their hands these mums....I say while scrolling though tattle while my 2 one year olds demolish a bag of veggie melts!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
Surely the person selling it on eBay has bought it at some point themselves though so she would have received the royalties when they bought it. It’s no different to if I had bought the book and then gave it to a friend is it?

Reactions: 13
Someone posted about how the recipe doesn’t say where to put the eggs in, few people said they’d noticed it with a couple of recipes and someone gets all defensive over Rebecca, there’s a few comments about it in the thread of that reply that I haven’t SS. It’s like ‘how dare you correct Rebecca?’ but if there are errors in her book it’s surely not really good enough to not be trying to rectify them?
I think the least you can expect for a recipe book is for the recipe to tell you where to add the ingredients, no?!

• Heart

Ohmygosh65

She has had a couple of days without her daughter, she spent them watching Netflix, why on earth didn't she do the food shopping then instead of making the choice to do it with a toddler?! Probs just wants to go hunting for her book with her

• Angry

Roz99

I also found it dead offensive when she said she’s now a book wanker. Like... there’s something wrong with reading?! I definitely think she tries way too hard to be relatable and ends up making stupid comments like that. She’s so out of touch with reality. I bet she received some backlash for that comment, but she’d never address it.

Virgin Media Fan

Chatty Member
Does anyone follow sr_nutrition on insta? She is actually qualified in her field and is soooo lovely and relatable - if you genuinely want some weaning and feeding advice take a look.
😳 from one extreme to another. Give your kid a meal made purely out of cheese or give your kid a raw pepper for tea. Both awful IMO

• Haha

Roz99

How many times has she shown us her meal plan for the week and within a day or two she’s deviated completely from it and gone off plan? That’s why I only ever plan a couple of days ahead, meal prepping actually takes a lot of organisation! Clearly she can’t sing from her own hymn book haha.

Tonight it’s a McDonalds, because the weather is bad and Nina behaved at nursery so they deserve a treat. What? It’s SUCH a weird way of looking at treats and I hope she doesn’t say that to her daughter. Well done you behaved at nursery, have a McDonalds.

I’ll say it again, FOOD IS NOT A REWARD FOR GOOD BEHAVIOUR.

Tweetypie

Anyone seen the last post? “2020 has been a year of lows for all of us but highs for me personally”. She may as well say, “I’m alright with 2020 and my new ££££, shame about you lot and covid.” She really is tone deaf.

• Wow
Hey everyone. I was searching on the internet to see if anyone had made her recipes gluten free and I found this page. I have DM’d Rebecca multiple times asking if some (not all because like you all say, they’re full of fat) of her recipes will work well with gluten free flour/corn flour etc because my little girl is coeliac. Every single time she’s blanked me. But reading through this page I see now it’s because she literally has no idea!! Like she couldn’t advise me at all even if she tried because she has no actual nutrition background what so ever. She is clueless. The least she could do is reply and say something like “oh I’m sorry I don’t know if it would work ok being adapted but you could try changing things up”. But it seems to be she’s too above herself to admit she’s just a mother winging it and wants to be seen as some sort of children’s nutrition super mother guru and doesn’t want to admit she doesn’t know all the answers!