WhatMummyMakes #8 Raisins and mayo are foods of the devil, but pastry and cheese are simply next level!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so she’s got a kid. That don’t impress me much (Shania eat your heart out)
This is brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

Also a big NT fan here but exactly in the way you describe! Def no more than an hour in the car and we take our own picnic.

I live in ultimate Yummy Mummy land and pretty much everyone I come across has made a couple of her recipes when first started weaning but then similarly aghast at the nutritional content of the rest! Plus certainly wouldn’t eat most of it as family food because of how heavy it is on calories etc. But then again every book sale counts, so too late by the time you actually read it!
That bit there is why she keeps going with the baby weaning angle - she knows that the majority who have one book won’t buy a subsequent one which isn’t aimed at weaning because the original is so tit.

Imagine if she did a book of baking recipes to do with your child? Or one of simple lunch ideas which your pre-schooler can help you prepare?

But she won’t, because she’d have to actually interact with her Nini and explain things in a child-friendly way.

Reactions: 4
Tattlers I must not be feeling well! That seafood thing she’s made looks banging 😂 I wouldn’t feed it to my kids mostly cos they wouldn’t eat it but i’d give it a good go.

Reactions: 7
Tattlers I must not be feeling well! That seafood thing she’s made looks banging 😂 I wouldn’t feed it to my kids mostly cos they wouldn’t eat it but i’d give it a good go.
She’s actually cooked something for once and it isn’t just a load of carbs! Bit of cream but NO CHEESE!

Reactions: 5
You can tell by Nina’s face she does not like it. Hence why she put it down without finishing it and picked up the bread instead. This woman, I can’t. Give your kid some fish fingers, beans and a corn on the cob, let her listen to a Disney soundtrack and bore off

Reactions: 21
Isn’t her husband vegetarian as well? Wonder if he eats seafood
Not if he's a vegetarian he won't, unless he's a pescatarian. I don't think she ever cooks for him. I don't think she'd know what to cook for a vegetarian.
I'm a vegetarian, so I've never tried seafood, was that seafood or normal fish? I have no idea. It's not something I could imagine a young child eating. My 7 year old said it looked disgusting.

Reactions: 4
Not if he's a vegetarian he won't, unless he's a pescatarian. I don't think she ever cooks for him. I don't think she'd know what to cook for a vegetarian.
I'm a vegetarian, so I've never tried seafood, was that seafood or normal fish? I have no idea. It's not something I could imagine a young child eating. My 7 year old said it looked disgusting.
Well she only had two bowls and spoons out but who knows if his is just always out of shot?!

Reactions: 3
Such an odd, massive meal to make for you and your 4 year old. Nina didn’t look too thrilled by it, wonder how much of the seafood she actually ate v. The bread and cream sauce. But all bex cares about is herself and looking like the best mum ever on Instagram, can’t stand her smug laughing.

Reactions: 9
Complete props to Nina trying the food. However her "Happy food dance" was blatantly put on and she looked more possessed than happy.

Reactions: 11
Complete props to Nina trying the food. However her "Happy food dance" was blatantly put on and she looked more possessed than happy.
She's worked out that she doesn't even need to pretend to like the food now. All she has to do is try and hide her grimace, and do the patented "happy food dance" and *ta-da!!* mummy showers her in praise and love.

Reactions: 13
She’s lucky Nini is so compliant. I’d have gagged and spat it out at that age.

Happy dance my arse. Poor kid just had to swallow salty snot a la mère

Reactions: 11
I know exposure is key and all that, but mussels and seafood in general are a big ick for me and I would imagine a lot of adults.
Why make a kid eat them?
I offered my daughter chicken nugs, alpha bites and baked beans last night. She barely touched that (but then she is poorly)

Reactions: 8
I would offer my toddler them, although I know I'm probably in the minority here. But I wouldn't do a big dish of them like she did, I would put a few on something like a paella which I know my little one likes and then she can just have a taste but it's not the main bit of the meal.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.