WhatMummyMakes #8 Raisins and mayo are foods of the devil, but pastry and cheese are simply next level!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never understood the constant filming of N eating either, let her have her meal in peace. I really feel like she over exposes her. I was in Carlisle City centre a months ago, and seen Rebecca. The thing is, it was actually N that I recognised first, how bad is that?!

Reactions: 23
A nice local day out today to Beamish, only a 150 miles round trip so practically on her doorstep. I'm sure Nina won't actually realise it's a museum though as she spends so much time surrounded by vintage shite and at National Trust properties she probably thinks we all live like that. Got to be an IKEA trip on the cards today too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
A nice local day out today to Beamish, only a 150 miles round trip so practically on her doorstep. I'm sure Nina won't actually realise it's a museum though as she spends so much time surrounded by vintage shite and at National Trust properties she probably thinks we all live like that. Got to be an IKEA trip on the cards today too.
Or the Metro. Haven’t seen Nina dancing around with a handbag in HM Kids for a couple of weeks.

Unusual for her to post where she is when she’s actually there. Normally keeps her location secret until she gets home for fear of being mobbed by adoring fans.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She literally goes against expert advice about making a big song and dance about whether kids are enjoying new foods, every time Nina tries something her mum is bleating in the background “nice? Nice?” - just let her explore her flavours without the pressure of pleasing mum. Not to mention the constant filming at meal times, talk about lressure

it’s also interesting seeing the portion sizes of the meals she cooks knowing that her husband is vegetarian.

She got lucky that Nina is a good compliant eater. It’s incredible that she’s managed to make a career out of the same cheese sauce recipe and weaning recipes easily found online. The mind boggles.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'll never understand Rebecca, the other day when it was hot she had Nina dressed in dungarees and today when it's cold she's in a summer dress and sandals.
*Disclaimer, I'm not as far North as her, but still in the North West and I can't imagine the weather being much different where she is.

I would offer my toddler them, although I know I'm probably in the minority here. But I wouldn't do a big dish of them like she did, I would put a few on something like a paella which I know my little one likes and then she can just have a taste but it's not the main bit of the meal.
I offer my toddler everything we eat. We just don't eat as much cheese and mum guilt cucumber. 😆

Reactions: 5
She's taken her there so she can impart her days out wisdom on us all later, Beamish is a good day out for kids although I honestly couldn't be driving the amount she does, they were only just in the North East last weekend on holiday why not go then? But this will be for the benefit of her days out posts, she can get loads of photos and give us all tips on packing cucumber in the car and breaking the journey up with a trip to the metro 😂 to me her days out look exhausting she's always stopping off at shops or to eat and they seem like a long day for a 4 year old.

Reactions: 8
I’ve never understood the constant filming of N eating either, let her have her meal in peace. I really feel like she over exposes her. I was in Carlisle City centre a months ago, and seen Rebecca. The thing is, it was actually N that I recognised first, how bad is that?!
Eugh same with a Mummy blogger round here - I don’t even follow her but her story posts get shared by a local kids music class, so I recognised the kid from those!! Insane people. I was in a huge RHS kids playground and I can’t have been the only stranger that knew her child’s name 🤯

Back on topic, good to see Becky taking MyNini on an age appropriate day out… oh, wait 🤨 does she just want to be a Victorian mother and daughter combo or something and only plans activities to fit this aesthetic. She really needs to engage a therapist, she’s going to have major issues when she starts actual school!!

ETA I had parents that were really into history / old age old houses type days out / antiques shop trawling on holiday etc etc… and I really resented them for it. Just a heads up Bex if you want an insight into your future!

Reactions: 6
I'm still surprised that she's not homeschooling Nina

Everything she does is for insta, mynini is like a prop for her account, can't have a day out/holiday/meal without a load of smug photos. It will be interesting to see how these children react when they are older, it never went well for child actors.

Reactions: 9
She's taken her there so she can impart her days out wisdom on us all later, Beamish is a good day out for kids although I honestly couldn't be driving the amount she does, they were only just in the North East last weekend on holiday why not go then? But this will be for the benefit of her days out posts, she can get loads of photos and give us all tips on packing cucumber in the car and breaking the journey up with a trip to the metro 😂 to me her days out look exhausting she's always stopping off at shops or to eat and they seem like a long day for a 4 year old.
Absolutely. So tiring! Nina must have the energy of a Duracell bunny (or nap in the car more frequently than we are led to believe.) My 4 year old struggles with tiredness - he literally doesn’t stop all day and then goes to sleep at 6.30pm. I do worry a bit about how exhausting he will find school and fear he will miss out on clubs and play dates after school if he doesn’t get a bit more energy.
However my concern for Nina is that Rebecca will try and pack activities into afternoons - a post school trip to IKEA for scented candles and a meatball tea etc and poor Nina will be just exhausted!

My 4 year old would fall asleep in the car then I'd never get her to bed, I have an 8 year old too when he started school he was exhausted and we had quite a few meltdowns the first term because he was so tired. Even now come Friday he's knackered and I can tell when it's coming up to the end of term he gets exhausted, it's hard when you add after school activities in as well but I didn't start with them until last year I think, obviously we had lockdown etc anyway but school was enough for a while. He will get used to it, feed him straight away after school and then do something to wind down and relax, honestly the first term was tough but it got easier.

Reactions: 4
Why does every single recipe of hers has to have cheese in it?! 🤯
Screenshot_20220520-174552.png

Reactions: 3
yes!! We haven’t been in lockdown for quite a while I doubt many people are still scared to take their kids out. Maybe initially but most people I know who had babies during lockdown couldn’t wait to take them out.
Mine was born just weeks before lockdiwn and all I can say she is a knob. She has no idea she has moulded her kid into a passive mini her and has no idea about kids .
My days out are filled with bags of spare clothes snacks fun activities fir the kids not what I want to do plus wirking at a real job where I don't say in a cafe criticising tye food and people around me.
She really is an abnoxious women who needs to get a life make some age appropriate friends. She probably hasn't git friends cos at 40 I wouldn't want to spend time with her I would be bored to death

She’s lucky Nini is so compliant. I’d have gagged and spat it out at that age.

Happy dance my arse. Poor kid just had to swallow salty snot a la mère
Jeez if I had put that infront of my kids I can imagine the uproar. My 10year old would have made gagging noises and my 2yr old who pretty much eats everything would have shoved the plate onto the floor

Last edited:
Thread suggestion: Driving for miles just to find something yummy, don’t you dare say that I’m a Mean Mummy!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Thread suggestion:
I would drive 500 miles and I would drive 500 more, just to be the mum who’s child watched downtown abbey aged four

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.