WhatMummyMakes #5 Can't visit a shop without signing her book, a meal without cheese would have her shook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is nothing wrong with saying it, if that’s what you want to do.
I have personally never said it to my daughter (4) as I don’t want her to start thinking she might miss me when she’s at school and therefore doesn’t want to go - that’s just me though, i don’t think it’s right or wrong to say it.
I agree entirely with this. If my daughter tells me she has missed me while she has been at nursery then I will say that I missed her too, but then usually follow with a line/question about what fun things she did at nursery etc to make sure that’s the focus. Same with missing Daddy at the office - we miss him because we love him being here, but in the week he works at the office.

I think the issue here is because it isn’t ever shown in a balanced way - Nini and Rebecca are besties who must ALWAYS be together. Plus Nina only recently was wobbling about going.

You will know if you have a healthy relationship with your child and I’m sure you do!

Reactions: 7
Thank you! Hard to know sometimes what the right words to use are so wanted to check ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's a really personal thing, I don't tend to tell my daughter (2 years old) that I've missed her unless she tells me she's missed me, but I do sometimes tell her I thought about her during the day and wondered what she was up to etc. I think it's nice for her to know I think about her even when she's not with me.

But there's no right answer! We're all just doing the best we can haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ok so I'm really going to need her to stop saying "your little taste testers". It's not a thing, stop trying to make it a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Looks like it’s the same cake as last year then!! Did she even bother to ask Nina what she would like? I reckon she’s too scared of having to make something out of her comfort zone… wouldn’tlook good for the stories if she did a wonky faced Peppa pig or a lop-sided Cinderella!! 🤣

Why is she saying to Nina “I love that you love this”
It’s not right!!! Just let the girl eat in fckin peace!!

And just buy a cake from Tesco and crack on with it. Sooooo boring now.

• Heart
Why is she saying to Nina “I love that you love this”
It’s not right!!! Just let the girl eat in fckin peace!!

And just buy a cake from Tesco and crack on with it. Sooooo boring now.
She claims Nina says the same weird tit back though..

‘Mummy I love you more because you made these ribs’ - I don’t for one second believe that’s something ‘Nini’ would say. But if it is, it’s a bit odd in my opinion

Reactions: 8
Apparently Nina asked for the same cake as last year, my daughter wants a cat one she's seen in Asda, thank god 😂 I made her a cake last year and she loved it but it was two layers with some plastic Peppa pig characters stuck on top so I won't judge Rebecca's cake 😂. Considering it will just be Bex and Nini eating it I'm not sure why she's done so many layers! Even if the husband is allowed a piece it's a bit much! She maybe feels like she has to improve on last year's now, made a rod for your own back there Bex 😂

• Haha
That cake is enormous! I wonder how big she will make each slice/portion for her and Nina (husband won’t get a look in of course)

I agree entirely with this. If my daughter tells me she has missed me while she has been at nursery then I will say that I missed her too, but then usually follow with a line/question about what fun things she did at nursery etc to make sure that’s the focus. Same with missing Daddy at the office - we miss him because we love him being here, but in the week he works at the office.

I think the issue here is because it isn’t ever shown in a balanced way - Nini and Rebecca are besties who must ALWAYS be together. Plus Nina only recently was wobbling about going.

You will know if you have a healthy relationship with your child and I’m sure you do!
Yes exactly this.

Rebecca is so much in to the "bestie" thing that she would just randomly tell Nina at the dinner table she missed her. Along with all the comments of "it makes mummy so pleased that you love her food" it's just too much! Especially when Nina has recently been unsure about going to nursery!

I'm not cold hearted, I tell my little boy I've missed him when he's been at nursery, if he says he's missed me. But I don't make a big deal of it because I want him to be excited for nursery and not thinking that we'll be missing each other when we're apart. I always show I'm happy to see him when nursery finishes but we talk about all the fun things he's done rather than me telling him I've been missing him. There's no right or wrong way, but the "bestie" thing with Rebecca and Nina is definitely a bit weird!

• Heart
Ok so I'm really going to need her to stop saying "your little taste testers". It's not a thing, stop trying to make it a thing.
It’s annoying isn’t it - she’s really trying to make it a thing and it’s not!!!

I wonder if her husband will be allowed to exist on his daughters birthday…

• Haha
It’s annoying isn’t it - she’s really trying to make it a thing and it’s not!!!

I wonder if her husband will be allowed to exist on his daughters birthday…
Can you imagine?….
Him: Can I come out now?
Rebecca: NO! Get back in the cupboard! Today is a Mummy and Nini day just like every other 364 days of the year! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Happy birthday Nina! Is it me or is it exactly the same as last year? The cake, balloons, hat, dress it's all the same. Hope she has a good day though, suspect shes been absolutely spoilt rotten by Bex trying to make up for her living in an awkward broken home where her dad isn't allowed to participate in anything or eat with them. Now don t get me wrong, I couldn't make that cake, mine would have toppled and look like it came from the bottom of the sea but what it is meant to be? Why would you have fish tails all over a cake? And of course she said that to Cinderella Bex 🙄 why is Nina like a member of the bloody Walton's? Correct me if I'm wrong but no child talks like this do they? Or is it just mine that don't? 😂

• Haha
That cake was 100% for the gram. No mention of Nina seeing anyone or doing anything, so who’s going to eat all that? Could have been way smaller. Completely made for content.

For my daughters birthday we took her to some god awful trampoline place for kids...cause thats what she loves and it was a real treat for her. No balloons or special cake for the gram, just doing what she loves to do.

• Heart
So yesterday when she said she was "winging it" with the cake what she actually meant was "scrolling back a year and copying the cake from her last birthday". Poor Nina eats the same meals so often that she probably doesn't realise she's allowed something different.
Note that it’s gained an extra tier this year though….in the spirit of supersizing absolutely every portion!

We all know the cake is for Rebecca, in theme, size and flavour 🙄

• Haha
It might be me being mean but I really don't like the cake she's made, I didn't even like it the first time I saw it last year.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.