Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t believe the portion size of that sausage and mash. And the peas! All the peas!

I’m shocked it didn’t even register to her that it would look ridiculous, and so she actually posted it. It’s scary that she influences the early eating journeys of so many children.
She really needs to understand that whilst in the first year of weaning you allow baby to lead the way with their hunger; this certainly is not the case by the time they are 3! Common sense has to start to prevail at some point and any parent in their right mind would consider 6 sausages to be too much FGS. I can’t believe you would just allow that as a parent and not think “duck me maybe that’s actually too excessive”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve actually had to unfollow her because I was starting to worry my kids don’t eat enough!!!

Reactions: 3
Again with the huge portions! I wonder what Rebecca thinks, since she clearly reads here. Doesn’t she realize the huge portions she’s feeding her 3 year old? Does she think we’re all just “trolls” and exaggerate when we repeatedly comment on how much she feeds Nina? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Why keep bragging when it’s so blatantly such a horrible relationship with food she’s passing along to her daughter... downright irresponsible 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Why did she make so much food for just the two of them ?? That looks enough to feed 4!!

Reactions: 6
She’s trolling us! She has to be!!

I couldn’t eat all that and I’m an absolute fat knacker! View attachment 449087
Honestly two roasties? So ridiculous. And are those pigs in blankets as well?

also where’s the friggin veg? All I can see is a bit of cabbage and cauliflower/broccoli cheese. And (Don’t get me wrong cos I love it) but I think veg looses all nutritional value when it’s smoothed in cheese!
no peas, carrots, parsnips, basically a meat and potato plate like last night!

Reactions: 4
It does seem like something of the things she says are very pointed and specific - her latest post points out her roast was big enough to feed 8 and she loves leftovers, etc. Pretty specific as we’ve been discussing this point recently!

Bloody giant plate of food for a 3 year old isn’t it. She should really try giving Nina less and let her ask for more. She’ll probably be surprised at how infrequently that actually happens.

Edit: she’s posted her own portion on her latest post and the only difference between that and Nina’s is one roast potato and one stuffing ball. That alone should be enough to show her that she’s giving her child adult sized portions.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Am I the only one that finds it weird that she refers to Nina as a toddler? She's clearly very much not a toddler. She's allegedly massive for her age too. I wouldn't call her a toddler!

Reactions: 8
Why did she make so much food for just the two of them ?? That looks enough to feed 4!!
I came here to question why there are only two plates set out. She’s intent of feeding her followers this single mother narrative despite the fact she has a husband who never gets mentioned 🙄

I’ve actually had to unfollow her because I was starting to worry my kids don’t eat enough!!!
Your children will eat what they need. Don’t forget we have days where we simply don’t fancy food, children are no different. It’s no biggie. Don’t compare your children to others x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
please do not worry about it, my 2.5 year old has gone to bed without dinner twice in the last 10 days as she point blank refused to sit at the table and eat dinner with us. Both times when I’ve served her ”safe” food options as well. (No messing around in our house after a couple of warnings!! 😬)

They will not starve and just eat when the need too. adults could take a leaf out of kids books and not finish everything on our plates and stop when we are full.

Reactions: 3
Jesus, Nina eats more than me !!!
Give that kid a full size dinner plate love, kinda making a mockery of the baby one when the food is spilling off the edges.

Yeah, she’s not a toddler. A toddler is up to 36 months / their 3rd birthday. Move on Rebecca, it’s like you’re trying to grasp at blw relevancy.

I think it's fine to serve big portions of food to your child. But that's on the understanding that you let them eat just as much as they want. If you don't force your baby/child to eat more than they feel they need to, they will learn to listen to their own body and eat accordingly. My wee boy can eat a fair amount and so I often give him a fair-sized portion; sometimes he just eats a few mouthfuls though, and I don't bat an eyelid. I just see it as my job to offer him food. It's his job to eat what he wants to eat.

It’s the bragging about how much Nina eats for me. We don’t care, and while you’re at it get your face off my grid. Everyone is right - definitely trying to be an influencer and it’s awkward to watch.

Reactions: 6
Why will she not put her food on a normal dinner plate? Nina is not a 6 month old just weaning who might try and chuck a plate on the floor! Plus that plate of food is a joke. I had less than that for dinner tonight.

Omg this woman.
No ‘sugar’ for Feb. But had some on pancake day. Because, pancake day. Now she’s breaking it again because, Sunday.
Literally don’t know why she bothers. Makes an absolute flannel out of herself on social media.

If you want the chocolate, eat the chocolate, Rebecca. Just don’t tell Instagram. Literally save yourself the embarrassment

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.