Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also i think we are missing the real question here really.... who in their right mind has leftover pancakes after pancake day??? 🤔👏🏻
I’ve literally NEVER had a scenario in my 30+ years where there were any left between all of us (me and my brothers and now my own kids) 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t get her latest posts.... she doesn’t seem right, always seems to be begging for some kind of attention!!

Reactions: 3
D3D9232C-2163-4787-9A5B-188FD288BC36.jpeg

She doesn’t need to do a double chin for a catfish photo, she could just show her whole body as she never actually shows what she really looks like.

Reactions: 10
Leaving your tea bag in your brew it actually the least of your worries when it come to what makes you weird 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If anyone is interested in recommended portion sizes for toddlers - this updated guide has just been posted by someone else I follow

Very useful article.

It states preschoolers should have between 2-5 tablespoons of pasta. That's about half the amount I have seen Rebecca serve Nina.

It also recommended that portions should be small and if they ask for more then that's fine.

Problem being here is WMM Instagram page has 437k followers. Rebecca has a huge influence on new parents and she is going against what is recommended by the professionals.

Reactions: 9
Very useful article.

It states preschoolers should have between 2-5 tablespoons of pasta. That's about half the amount I have seen Rebecca serve Nina.

It also recommended that portions should be small and if they ask for more then that's fine.

Problem being here is WMM Instagram page has 437k followers. Rebecca has a huge influence on new parents and she is going against what is recommended by the professionals.
Yeas very true. When we were weaning and even now (my LO is 2.5) all the “experts” say give a small amount of everything on the plate as they can always ask for more. This may be why Nina always looks completely overwhelmed at meal times... portion size coupled with a camera in her face, definitely not ideal.

A shame Rebecca can’t share (and follow) these guidelines herself.

Reactions: 4
We made the chilli from her first book last night which apparently served 2 adults and 2 children. It served me, my partner, our little girl, another huge bowl for my partner and left overs. Her portion sizes are HUGE!

Reactions: 1
Just had a scroll through insta to show you lovely lot what 2-5 tablespoons definitely doesn't look like!

Also her page has changed a lot it used to be mainly recipes or pics of the food with a couple of nina or herself, now it's mainly her and nina with the very occasional food snap. Definitely trying to branch out into the world of mummy blogger/influencer.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I’ve gone through Instagram and honestly half the portion sizes you see on these bamboo animal plates are honestly huge! Rebecca is definitely guilty of it, but she isn’t the only one. I showed my mum because my baby doesn’t eat that much, and she couldn’t believe the portion sizes shown!!

Just had a scroll through insta to show you lovely lot what 2-5 tablespoons definitely doesn't look like!

Also her page has changed a lot it used to be mainly recipes or pics of the food with a couple of nina or herself, now it's mainly her and nina with the very occasional food snap. Definitely trying to branch out into the world of mummy blogger/influencer.
Wow that’s a lot of pasta!

I’ve gone through Instagram and honestly half the portion sizes you see on these bamboo animal plates are honestly huge! Rebecca is definitely guilty of it, but she isn’t the only one. I showed my mum because my baby doesn’t eat that much, and she couldn’t believe the portion sizes shown!!
To be fair, some of the bamboo plates are a lot smaller than they look. I have the elephant and I was shocked at how tiny it is. My child would need at least 2 platefuls to be fed 🤣🤣

To be fair, some of the bamboo plates are a lot smaller than they look. I have the elephant and I was shocked at how tiny it is. My child would need at least 2 platefuls to be fed 🤣🤣
Fair enough to that! I don’t use them so don’t know, but I have honestly seen some massive portions on Insta!!

Fair enough to that! I don’t use them so don’t know, but I have honestly seen some massive portions on Insta!!
I find that the bamboo plates that have separate sections tend to hold smaller amounts of food but the ones that are just one space for food definitely hold a lot. We were gifted a couple and I do tend to use them (the suction to the high chair is a life saver) and it holds an insane amount of pasta. I could definitely fit my own adult sized portion in there.

I find that the bamboo plates that have separate sections tend to hold smaller amounts of food but the ones that are just one space for food definitely hold a lot. We were gifted a couple and I do tend to use them (the suction to the high chair is a life saver) and it holds an insane amount of pasta. I could definitely fit my own adult sized portion in there.
See I don’t find the suction that good - my child can pull them off no bother 🤣🤣

• Haha
See I don’t find the suction that good - my child can pull them off no bother 🤣🤣
Haha I have heard this, I’m dreading the day my son realises he can! When we used normal plates he would pick up to his heart’s content but as soon as he felt a bit of resistance with the bamboo plates he gave up!! It’ll come though no doubt 😂

Edit to add: I definitely don’t think they’re value for money though. As mine were gifted I just checked the price - £15 for a plate! I’m definitely not judging folk for using them and at that price I’d want to use mine till my son is 15 😂 BUT I go with my instinct a lot and I do want him to start getting used to normal plates etc, particularly as things start getting better with the pandemic and we can have visits and sleepovers with family. They’ve been a great gift but soon enough it’ll be time to teach him that we don’t throw plates... preparing myself for the mess I’ll be dealing with until he learns!

I remember seeing Rebecca having drawers full of them - not sure she ever tags them as gifted?!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.