Whatmummymakes #2 do you like it? Do you? Do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so glad I found you guys!

A friend raved about Rebeccas insta and book for when we started weaning and oh my days, I tried a few recipes - started with those awful porridge fingers, and it just made me feel like I couldn’t do the basics.
I commented to my partner that some of the ingredients are missing from the instructions which made me think I couldn’t even read correctly but no, turns out she doesn’t include them?!
Why so much pastry???? She’ll be putting greggs out of business!

barely been on the Facebook group a week or so and the drama 🙄 it’s like a competition of who is the best parent, who can bake the most, whose kid eats the most.

Seems I missed the car seat and dancing incidents but her stories make me cringe so hard I cannot watch them, poor Nina has zero privacy but Rebecca only posts images of herself from certain angles to hide her body and multiple chins 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can someone tell me what is missing from certain recipes as I haven’t noticed - I am a complete novice though at baking and cooking!

I can’t believe she posted that video of Nina.

First of all software exists that lets you remove emojis etc. So she can never be sure now that some creep doesn’t have a video of her child dancing naked, even if she has since removed it.

secondly, it’s highly irresponsible to teach your child it’s okay for someone to film you dancing naked, regardless of whether it’s just for family or for your public Instagram account.

thirdly, I cannot understand, as a mother, why your first thought when you see your child dancing naked, is to film it to upload for strangers to see online. If that’s how obsessed you’ve become with creating content, I would say it’s time to take a step back from social media and have a word with yourself

Reactions: 23
I can’t believe she posted that video of Nina.

First of all software exists that lets you remove emojis etc. So she can never be sure now that some creep doesn’t have a video of her child dancing naked, even if she has since removed it.

secondly, it’s highly irresponsible to teach your child it’s okay for someone to film you dancing naked, regardless of whether it’s just for family or for your public Instagram account.

thirdly, I cannot understand, as a mother, why your first thought when you see your child dancing naked, is to film it to upload for strangers to see online. If that’s how obsessed you’ve become with creating content, I would say it’s time to take a step back from social media and have a word with yourself
Everything about this!! ☝🏻☝🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Reactions: 4
Can someone tell me what is missing from certain recipes as I haven’t noticed - I am a complete novice though at baking and cooking!
Off the top of my head I know she lists mixed herbs and something else in the three minute pasta sauce but nowhere does it tell you to include it when cooking, same with the ragu I think it was I also encountered the same issue

There was just no value or entertainment to be found in that story. It was so pointless to post. This is of course a side note from the fact it’s exploitative and a complete abuse of your own child’s trust and consent.

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker on this thread. My boy is the same age as Nina and I followed Rebecca as her content used to be quite good (not cook every day good far too much cheese and pastry)
Since she got her book deal she has changed, part of me can see why she wouldn’t want to give a recipe away for free when she can flog her book but her content recently is so ill judged and makes her look like a sulky cow. Her job is to protect her daughter, not exploit her.
The camera constantly in her face and the constant need for Nina to eat is starting to become really uncomfortable. Then the car seat debacle, instead of deleting and having a strop she could have said she’d done some research but she always welcomes thoughts (especially if people have been polite)
As for posting her daughter naked, even with the banner, that was beyond ignorant.
Nina may grow up to really resent her and what she put out there.
I think she needs to take a step back and let Nina just be a little girl rather than a social media “star”

Reactions: 14
Rebecca is really going all out trying to prove that Nina is big enough for her new car seat isn’t she! Saying this dress is size 6-7, yeah sure it is 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Rebecca is really going all out trying to prove that Nina is big enough for her new car seat isn’t she! Saying this dress is size 6-7, yeah sure it is 🙄
She’s ridiculous 🤣 my daughter is about 5 months younger and is around 91st centile and she has years left in her 25kg rear facing seat. Nina would have to be the largest child ever to need to be in an HBB

I follow another weaning account that someone on the previous thread recommended and you honestly never really see her child - it’s about the food, as it should be for rebecca on this her ‘professional’ account. It’s like she’d prefer for her and Nina just to become social media stars.

• Heart
According to the WHO growth charts, a girl on the 99.6th centile will reach 25kg at 4.5 years. If Nina fits age 5-6 clothing then she must have her own very special growth chart!

• Haha
I worked with a child who was wearing aged 5-6 clothing before she was 2. She was very big, very tall, very heavy. She was still rear facing. Rebecca is talking out of her arse

Plus it's not even really about rear facing, it's about being harnessed! Nina should be harnessed at the very least.

• Heart
Ah, finally! Some pastry tonight for a change I see

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg she’s made a chocolate cake in a mug. With brown sugar not white sugar. But that’s ok guys - it’s not ‘unrefined’ so she can have it. LOL.
This woman

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
No Valentine's meal?
Was going to have a takeaway and then decided ‘she’ fancied a bacon sandwich? Why make out you are on your own on Valentine’s Day if you actually aren’t?? Makes me wonder!

Omg she’s made a chocolate cake in a mug. With brown sugar not white sugar. But that’s ok guys - it’s not ‘unrefined’ so she can have it. LOL.
This woman
Lol yeah , love, just cut down on your butter and pastry before worrying about your types of sugar.

This woman
Just eat the bloody chocolate! Go dark so its healthier if you must but don't try and pass a cake off as OK 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.